The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

On 1/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, Ozzy said:

Dude, freaking Diaz can recruit!  I could easily see Williams leave over this but will see.  D. King honestly has a very long ways to go to be a QB next level but in college he is obviously quite dangerous.  Still consider him a position change at the next level until shown otherwise.  

With how good they are at getting portal guys, will be curious if they get Dee Anderson former LSU receiver.

Quincy Roche and Rousseau is easily one of the best pass rusher DE combos in the nation without question already, they will be super fun to watch.  Could change games on just those two alone, need quite a few more players to develop though.  Wiggins could be something at receiver, Silvera is going to have to improve a lot at DT, Brooks could be something at linebacker and will see what Bolden does at safety.  Blades could be a decent corner, Harley could be a big play guy at receiver.  But that OL has to improve, if not they will be in big trouble, Donaldson is the only real player that is proven on that line, they will need to find a RB for sure.  

They ended the season really bad last year, will see if that can change that.  The bowl game was just pathetic regardless of who sat out which was a ton of guys.    

Donaldson sucks. He’s a fat slob but can’t his self in shape. Scaife and Gaynor are the only two worth a damn and mainly Scaife. Miami needs to add another 2-3 grad transfers especially on the OL. Devin Cochran to me should be the target and from what I’ve read, they are targeting him. He would instantly come in and start at LT. Scaife can play RT and be effective. TE and RB are the least of my worries. They arguably the best TE in college football. They just signed arguably the best RB class in the nation in Chaney and Knighton plus Davis isn’t some slouch. WR to me needs a grad transfer just like last season with Osborn. From all accounts, they’re trying to go after Hazelton from VT who both King and Roche are trying to recruit. Having said all that, it doesn’t matter with Diaz as coach. He’s a worthless bum that never deserved the job and no he can’t recruit... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hurricane Season said:

So what exactly does a chief of staff do for a college program, and what does Ed Reed being ours mean?

"Reed will serve in an advisory role to Diaz in all aspects of the football program, including strategic planning, quality control, operations, player evaluation and player development"

Basically what ever Diaz wants. The biggest is prolly recruiting with his title rings and superbowl ring 

chief of staff sounds like a fancy title instead of assistant to head coach. Just weird, you never hear of that title and yesterday Miami hire's Reed with that title and the Browns hire a female coach under that title

Edited by buno67

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why did y'all hire Diaz? Nobody better wanted the job? I get that Miami's facilities and stadium situation still aren't great, but you still can sell Miami.

Why did this school hire Golden? Why did they hire Richt? Why did they hire Shannon? Because they don’t care about football anymore and it shows when you basically give a guy the job immediately after Richt who was on his way to fricken Temple. Richt gave them a free out by retiring and they still screw it up. Facilities are not that bad anymore and the stadium thing is way overblown for the thousandth time. Sure it’s not their stadium and it’s not on campus but not many schools can say they play in a stadium as nice as that one.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Why did this school hire Golden? Why did they hire Richt? Why did they hire Shannon? Because they don’t care about football anymore and it shows when you basically give a guy the job immediately after Richt who was on his way to fricken Temple. Richt gave them a free out by retiring and they still screw it up. Facilities are not that bad anymore and the stadium thing is way overblown for the thousandth time. Sure it’s not their stadium and it’s not on campus but not many schools can say they play in a stadium as nice as that one.

Richt at least was defensible. The others? Not so much. Their facilities aren't on par with good/great programs, and the stadium, while nice, is far enough away from the university that barely anybody shows up. Yeah, if they had an elite coach who could get them back into the NC hunt and win consistently, they might fill it. But that's easier said than done.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Richt at least was defensible. The others? Not so much. Their facilities aren't on par with good/great programs, and the stadium, while nice, is far enough away from the university that barely anybody shows up. Yeah, if they had an elite coach who could get them back into the NC hunt and win consistently, they might fill it. But that's easier said than done.

I mean the environment for the ND and VT games two years ago when Miami had a lucky little run was amazing. Many of the players on the ND team said they had never heard a stadium so loud.  Obviously winning will help attendance big time but in a city like Miami, it’s going to be hard to sell out or pack an NFL stadium playing the likes of FIU or even Pittsburgh. Hell, even the orange bowl never sold out consistently and that stadium was a dump.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, jrry32 said:

i mean, part of the stadium thing is that it's far away but most of it is just that miami isn't a terribly large school (~10k undergrads while i was there), the alumni base is scattered across the country and world and not concentrated in miami, and of course....it's miami and not a little college town in the midwest where everyone and their mom has been going to the games every saturday for their entire lives despite the team sucking every year (trust me, i grew up in one of those, lol). we win and people show up. it's really that simple. i would argue that we don't even need to be back in the NC hunt consistently- i said this earlier in the thread but times have changed and for various reasons i think at this point our ceiling is a ND-type team which is always in the mix and occasionally has a year good enough to potentially win a natty. which, frankly, i would take 10 times out of 10 lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Damn Miami landed Avantae Williams. Huge shocker after his cousin(Lingard) just transferred to Florida.

manny is too good at winning offseasons to be this bad at winning games lmao. cmon man let’s get an actual good season pls

On 2/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, -Hope- said:

manny is too good at winning offseasons to be this bad at winning games lmao. cmon man let’s get an actual good season pls

Yeah Manny Diaz's defenses are always good. But he needs this Lashlee to be the real deal and get this team back to elite football.

The offense was terribad last year, but it wasn't all from coaching. There were some trash players on the field.

• 3 months later...

Time to fire this back up. There’s been a lot going on as Manny has won the offseason again. Started with adding Quincy Roche to the DL, a new kicker with Borregalas, getting a QB in D’Erik King, and now filling probably the 2nd biggest need in OT with an experienced NFL talent in Jarrid Williams. Plus getting rid of Enos and adding Lashlee who runs principles of the spread and air raid offense. If the offense can get it together, no reason this team can’t dramatically improve from last season. If not, Manny can see the door.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 11:20 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

Time to fire this back up. There’s been a lot going on as Manny has won the offseason again. Started with adding Quincy Roche to the DL, a new kicker with Borregalas, getting a QB in D’Erik King, and now filling probably the 2nd biggest need in OT with an experienced NFL talent in Jarrid Williams. Plus getting rid of Enos and adding Lashlee who runs principles of the spread and air raid offense. If the offense can get it together, no reason this team can’t dramatically improve from last season. If not, Manny can see the door.

Agreed 100%. Fully expecting a L in Charlotte at this point.