Colts claim 5 off waivers (RB Jones, CB Desir)

Wyld Stallyns

Really nice pickup in Jones. His biggest issue was fumbles but there are a lot of RBs who had fumble issues early in their career and went on to have great careers (Tiki Barber comes to mind). In Jones, you have big body RB who can ground and pound and surprisingly catches well out of the backfield. With Gore getting up there in age, Jones is good enough to groomed to be the next starter. I'm sad things didn't work out in DC but I'm glad he didn't go to an NFC East rival. I'll be rooting for him in the Blue and White. 

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Really nice pickup in Jones. His biggest issue was fumbles but there are a lot of RBs who had fumble issues early in their career and went on to have great careers (Tiki Barber comes to mind). In Jones, you have big body RB who can ground and pound and surprisingly catches well out of the backfield. With Gore getting up there in age, Jones is good enough to groomed to be the next starter. I'm sad things didn't work out in DC but I'm glad he didn't go to an NFC East rival. I'll be rooting for him in the Blue and White. 

I really like the pick up. In last year's Madden he was available in free agency Week 1 so I was able to add him to my roster. Hopefully he can live up to the high expectations. 

51 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How has Curt Maggitt looked for you guys in preseason?

He wasn't with us this preseason. I had to check because I couldn't remember when he was cut. He injured his knee in Dec and was waived with a failed physical after the draft. 

He played well for us last preseason. Enough to make the 53 man roster as an UDFA. He mostly played special teams but he did get some looks on defense early because of Mathis injury recovery early in the year. 

Archived