Training Camp

Rockice_8

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I know Darnold, throws a real good pass when he rolls out of the pocket. Last night he throw strikes from the pocket, that is really what I wanted to see last night, and looked great doing it.

He made two high level throws back to back. The throw to Quincy moving to his left and then the back shoulder to Robby right over the head of the defender in the flat. The CB had no idea where that ball was. Darnold is gonna be a force this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke 4,000 yards and 30 TD's.

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Torn ACL for Avery Williamson. That defense is looking weaker and weaker everyday.

The defense is going to be terrible. We are going to give up a ton of yards and points. It’s a theme with GW defenses and we have no corners.

all I care about is Sam and Gase showing they capable enough to get the job done in 2020 and beyond. I’ll be happy with that

I think Cashman was already cutting into AW's playing time so it's not a major loss.

AW was a great run stuffing LB but with our DL and the addition of Mosley we shouldn't lose too much in that department.  

Just sucks losing a good teammate and good depth LB.  I think Cashman will be more then adequate as his replacement.

Not worried about that as much as CB.

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The defense is going to be terrible. We are going to give up a ton of yards and points. It’s a theme with GW defenses and we have no corners.

all I care about is Sam and Gase showing they capable enough to get the job done in 2020 and beyond. I’ll be happy with that

I don’t think it’s going to be terrible, but very likely in the 13-18 overall range. Very ordinary. 

We are insanely deep on the DL.  Leo, Q, Anderson, McClendon, Kaufusi, Shepard, and Fatukasi

That's 7 guys when we are likely to keep 6 maybe.

I would love to flip Shepard or Anderson for a CB.  I love the way Kaufusi and Fatukasi have been playing and think we could afford to lose Shep or Anderson because of it.  The DL future is blindingly bright.

Question is could we swing a deal of Shepard for Dennard/LeBlanc/Mills type CB 

Just now, ekill08x said:

I don’t think it’s going to be terrible, but very likely in the 13-18 overall range. Very ordinary. 

I'd be all for a NE type defense where we bend but don't break.  Give up 400 yards and only 17-20 points.

If we can hold teams to 3 instead of 7 and win the TO battle that will be good enough to win.

32 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd be all for a NE type defense where we bend but don't break.  Give up 400 yards and only 17-20 points.

If we can hold teams to 3 instead of 7 and win the TO battle that will be good enough to win.

Issue is NE gets away with it bc they score 28+ a game. We don’t come near that

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Issue is NE gets away with it bc they score 28+ a game. We don’t come near that

I think we will be much better this year in that regard.  I see no reason with Sam's progression and enough weapons we can't score 20+ each week.

As down on the D as we are this year we should be equally as excited about the offense.