Training Camp

Rockice_8

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Darnold apparently lit it up today!!!

Remember all those years of the defense destroying the offense at the start of camp and we always heard the excuse “the defense is always ahead of the offense at this time of year”

So great to have a kid who can make things happen.

• Like 1

As I hoped we will be lining up Bell and Montgomery together in a lot of sets. Powell as the 3rd fiddle I’m sure for rest for either. Really create mismatches for LBs and force safeties to have to cover and leave WRs 1 on 1 a lot. I said Montgomery was going to be a hidden great piece to this team and we will see if that in fact is true. For the members who have been on here for awhile... you might remember how much I wanted us to draft him.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Montgomery will be a pro bowl Kick Returner. 

He’s way more explosive than Roberts, who had a career year as a returner for us under Boyer. 

Crowder maybe too important to the offense, but he’s more explosive than Roberts also. Vision is key in those return roles though. So hopefully our special teams at least holds flat from last year. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Crowder maybe too important to the offense, but he’s more explosive than Roberts also. Vision is key in those return roles though. So hopefully our special teams at least holds flat from last year. 

Hard bar to set. We had one of the best ST groups in the NFL last year. I’ll set the bar to be above average (10-16th) and hopefully we can exceed that.

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Hype about all the positive reports on Sam. This feels different. It’s like I expect him to be great. 

I get the same feeling. Probably a lot of wishful thinking but I can envision a Luck type season, over 4000 yds, 30+ TDS and 12-15 INTs, plus big plays in the second half of games. I just wish I had more (any) confidence in our OL. But with our WRs,  Bell, Montgomery, Powell and whatever we get from TE Sam will have a lot of legitimate targets.

i don’t know how our secondary will hold up against the pass but we could score a lot of points.

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I get the same feeling. Probably a lot of wishful thinking but I can envision a Luck type season, over 4000 yds, 30+ TDS and 12-15 INTs, plus big plays in the second half of games. I just wish I had more (any) confidence in our OL. But with our WRs,  Bell, Montgomery, Powell and whatever we get from TE Sam will have a lot of legitimate targets.

i don’t know how our secondary will hold up against the pass but we could score a lot of points.

Yuck! It surely feels like Kirk Cousins.  Let's make it 35+ to 15- ratio.B|

20 hours ago, Rich51 said:

If Sam gives us 4k yards and 2:1 TD to INT ratio we should make the playoffs.