Training Camp

Rockice_8

Whoever the kicker is opening day is likely currently on another roster. Look out for Greg Joseph... he's entering his second year and battling rookie 5th round pick Austin Seibert. Joseph had a solid season for the Browns last year after spending camp with Miami. He had a solid camp, but was slightly outperformed by fellow rookie 7th round pick Jason Sanders. 

I don't think Cleveland will cut Joseph, but may consider trading him. If Gase liked what he saw last year, you know he'll be making that suggestion to JD. 

Takeaways for what its worth after a small sample size is this...

1. We need a new kicker. This really shouldn't even be up for debate.

2. Our secondary needs help depth wise. I think our 1st 3 guys are good enough in Tru, Roberts and Poole. But after that it looked rough against crap WRs and young QBs.

3. I like the way the starting offense looked  A LOT. Moved the ball well and that was without the backbone of our OL and Bell. Should be exciting.

I expect us to get a new K before the season starts and I expect us to do something at CB as well. We need 1 more legit guy for depth.

Quick takes:

KO is a beast LG.
We need Ross Martin to come in immediately at K
I like Dortch to stick at PR/KR and 5th/6th WR
Our DB's are terrible
Sam is special
We need Herndon bad that suspension is going to suck
Hope WInters is okay because we need to stay healthy on the OL
We need Maye back ASAP 
PLEASE GOD HELP US FIND MORE CB's!!!!
Still need an edge rusher but I like Luvu a lot as good depth
Cashman was solid and should get more comfortable as he develops

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

How did the first team offense look? I didn't get a chance to watch. Heard Darnold and Crowder were impressive and apparently we have a plethora of options in an explosive offense.

One bad pass from Sam (his first pass actually and he joked it was just like last year).  It wasn't as bad as you might read.  Some were calling it a dropped INT but Peppers wasn't able to get two hands on it cleanly because it was just out of his reach.  A bad pass it was though.  After that KO cleared out the DT and got to the second level (quite impressive) and Ty had a nice run for 5-6 yards up the middle.  Sam hit Crowder on a cross for a chunk play then felt the ouside rush stepped up and hit Herdon about 15 yards down field on a crossing pattern for another big chunk.  FInally inside the 10 ran a pick play on an out route to Crowder for an easy TD.

After the first throw is was a thing of beauty.  OL was solid and Sam was accurate and not just dinking and dunking either.

• Like 1