WizardHawk

Training camp 2019

21 hours ago, CAPJ said:

If we can get any push from the DT spot, this line can really wreck havoc this year.

Believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Wouldn't Romo get ripped for that mind set?

I think the coverage of the league has become more analytically-inclined after his retirement. People are more attuned to the fact that you can’t win jack in this league without creating 20+ yard pass plays.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Believe it when I see it.

Me as well. Just stating if we can.

Per Jon Machota

VP of player personnel Will McClay said on@dfwticket that the Cowboys continue to monitor free agent safety Eric Berry, but said he really feels good about their current safeties. “We really believe in Xavier Woods and Jeff Heath and the depth that we have.”

ummm....ok. 🤨

Well what does everyone want a upgrade of Heath at safety at the cost of not resigning Coop Dak And Zeke ?

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Well what does everyone want a upgrade of Heath at safety at the cost of not resigning Coop Dak And Zeke ?

At this point, Berry isn't going to cost much. At least not enough to effect what happens with the big 3 contracts. 

15 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Alfred Morris signs 1 yr deal

Guessing this is a sign Dallas and Zeke aren't particularly close to a deal. 

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Guessing this is a sign Dallas and Zeke aren't particularly close to a deal. 

Would rather have signed Theo Riddick over the 1 dimensional warrior

Well, look at it this way, we can trust boy wonder as OC, hope Dak, and Matts are correct that QB is the primo position to win championships, do a RBC, and trade the ungrateful bastage!

On 7/29/2019 at 7:31 AM, HDsportsfan said:

Wouldn't Romo get ripped for that mind set?

He would be and I don't like this mindset. Romo used to throw the ball up for grabs, which sometimes lead to awful INTs. But he talked about how he got older he learned how to throw the ball precisely the right way to put it where he wanted it too. Let's hope Dak can learn that way instead. 

9 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, look at it this way, we can trust boy wonder as OC, hope Dak, and Matts are correct that QB is the primo position to win championships, do a RBC, and trade the ungrateful bastage!

Lol that's not going to happen. Zeke will get rewarded with a top level contract from the Cowboys, as he should.

I still can’t believe Jerry actually said that. I mean it’s posturing, sure, but it’s true. Hasn’t happened in 20 years

Really, the only team this decade to win a SB or really go on any amount of repeated deep playoff runs while being built around a bellcow back were the Seahawks with Marshawn... who also had the best defense of the decade

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I still can’t believe Jerry actually said that. I mean it’s posturing, sure, but it’s true. Hasn’t happened in 20 years

You dont need a passing yards champion to win a superbowl either. It's lazy to make the cutoff the number 1 overall rushing leader and say "look it hasn't happened since Emmitt and Davis!" Because 34 of the 47 Super Bowl champions have been ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards per game. So 30 other super bowl champs were ranked somewhere between #10 and #2 in rushing yards per game, but they weren't #1. People are looking at that data and somehow gathering that the run game isn't neccessary because only 4 times were the champs actually ranked 1st; ignoring the fact that 72.3% of superbowl winners had top 10 rushing teams

Big Ben was passing yards champ last year and didn't make the playoffs. Drew Brees wins it every other year, but he doesn't win the superbowl every other year. Matt Schaub won passing yards champ in 2009. Rivers in 2010. Guess you don't need a passing champion to win a superbowl. 

But I bet most superbowl winners are top 10 passing teams. Just may not always be #1.

Again, it's dumb not to count the #2, #3, #4 or 5th ranked rushing team as part of the winning equation just because they weren't #1.