Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

For anyone that has watched any of the available footage of the Raiders camp so far, AB is always facing the opposite direction of his teammates during stretches and warmups. He is separating himself, making every movement some sort of dance move almost, he is purposely making his presence a spectacle.

He seems to decide how much work he will put in at practice and when he is done. He has already seemingly make himself a separate entity on the roster. There is little chance the Raiders dont end up looking foolish here.

This is truly the beginning of the end ABs career imo.

I mean, during PS game 2 he was in the middle of it all and celebrating with team mates, giving hand shakes, etc, etc. Hardly alienating himself.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean, during PS game 2 he was in the middle of it all and celebrating with team mates, giving hand shakes, etc, etc. Hardly alienating himself.

He is a tool. He does alienate himself. He doesnt always do it, you're right. But bringing him to a team that is already one of the worst in the league in terms of overall success in recent seasons, was a stupid decision.

AB is getting about as much bandwidth here as the rest of the 2019 steelers o.O  I doubt his drama ends. Bell isn't playing in preseason, the team is already trying to preserve him.  The 2 players the steelers let go/did away with, aren't playing preseason and might be creating a new rift with existing  team.  Glad they are gone. :)

I have been one of Buds biggest critics and this last preseason game is the first time, honestly, I have seen Bud potentially look the part. I've got some frozen crow in my freezer, ready to be thawed. I hope I have to do so but the reality is that this is preseason against a lot of guys that wont even be on the chiefs roster.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I have been one of Buds biggest critics and this last preseason game is the first time, honestly, I have seen Bud potentially look the part. I've got some frozen crow in my freezer, ready to be thawed. I hope I have to do so but the reality is that this is preseason against a lot of guys that wont even be on the chiefs roster.

At least he appears to be making strides. I am up there with the critics, really gave up on him before last season, but there was a minor improvement last season and porter is gone now. I doubt it makes for major improvement , but if what you are saying progresses, dupree might be a legit starter this season. "potentials look the part" in preseason might be a tier below "having a good stat gamer vs a bad backup " in the regular season though.  In his NCAA days, he defeated scrubs with his athleticism and if he does that vs future subway commercial producers in preseason , then the crow could be safe for now, but wait and see.  He isn't the most popular here either as he has been another RD1 bust,  but if he really does well this year, he might serve the crow you are stashing. 

Just to make sure, do you keep enough crow for the burns RD1 wasted pick as well?  I have read that Sutton has made progress and from that I would expect him to be the back up CB. 

19 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

At least he appears to be making strides. I am up there with the critics, really gave up on him before last season, but there was a minor improvement last season and porter is gone now. I doubt it makes for major improvement , but if what you are saying progresses, dupree might be a legit starter this season. "potentials look the part" in preseason might be a tier below "having a good stat gamer vs a bad backup " in the regular season though.  In his NCAA days, he defeated scrubs with his athleticism and if he does that vs future subway commercial producers in preseason , then the crow could be safe for now, but wait and see.  He isn't the most popular here either as he has been another RD1 bust,  but if he really does well this year, he might serve the crow you are stashing. 

Just to make sure, do you keep enough crow for the burns RD1 wasted pick as well?  I have read that Sutton has made progress and from that I would expect him to be the back up CB. 

Nope. Burns needs to go. Idc if he sets the world on fire this year. Because if he were to get another contract he would just go back to being a scrub the following year.