Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Nope. Burns needs to go. Idc if he sets the world on fire this year. Because if he were to get another contract he would just go back to being a scrub the following year. 

reports have been that burns has had a good camp, so I doubt he gets cut due to the politics with this team but wait and see.  I am hoping Sutton is the next CB since Allen and Layne appeared to have failed.  I don't want to watch anymore games where the other team throws at will vs a CB. If it's the CB's fault or the pass rush, it can't happen

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

reports have been that burns has had a good camp, so I doubt he gets cut due to the politics with this team but wait and see.  I am hoping Sutton is the next CB since Allen and Layne appeared to have failed.  I don't want to watch anymore games where the other team throws at will vs a CB. If it's the CB's fault or the pass rush, it can't happen

Burns always has a good camp. Then he always sucks in meaningful games.

Not going to put this is NFL news until it is proven true

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/08/19/rumor-jay-z-to-purchase-minority-interest-in-the-pittsburgh-steelers/

“Shawn “Jay Z” Carter will be the largest percentage African American owner a football team owner, MTO News has learned. The 49 year old billionaire is in the midst of purchasing approximately a 5% interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And the greatest rapper is paying a steep price for that ownership. MTO News has learned that Jay is paying somewhere between $100 and $200M for the interest in the team.

According to a person close to the situation, Jay Z has already gone through the vetting process, and the other NFL owners gave him the thumbs up. So the deal is all but done.”

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

This isn't true. At least not the first part. 

He often does well in camp. Maybe not always. His first season was promising. It's been all down hill since then in the regular season.

While Bud Dupree hasn't lived up to his potential he is still showing effort and production, albeit not as much as we would like. Bud hasn't been crippling liability, Burns has.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He often does well in camp. Maybe not always. His first season was promising. It's been all down hill since then in the regular season.

While Bud Dupree hasn't lived up to his potential he is still showing effort and production, albeit not as much as we would like. Bud hasn't been crippling liability, Burns has.

agree here , but this season could be make or break for burns if he is on the team. I didn't want burns here at all but being a colbert RD1 pick we have no choice especially since he has no trade value either:)

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

agree here , but this season could be make or break for burns if he is on the team. I didn't want burns here at all but being a colbert RD1 pick we have no choice especially since he has no trade value either:)

While that is true I would argue he has more trade value than AB right now ;)

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

While that is true I would argue he has more trade value than AB right now ;)

I doubt it, but good humour I guess it is.  I still expect AB to put up numbers this year, it will be something most here will observe. 

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I doubt it, but good humour I guess it is.  I still expect AB to put up numbers this year, it will be something most here will observe. 

Honestly I hope he does. I've never once wished failure or injury on him. But I do believe in Karma.

I don't like how he got his way out of Pittsburgh, I think it's pathetic and yes that was definitely in jest, but at the end of the day, I think hope he finds his peace and happiness, whatever and wherever that may be.

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly I hope he does. I've never once wished failure or injury on him. But I do believe in Karma.

I don't like how he got his way out of Pittsburgh, I think it's pathetic and yes that was definitely in jest, but at the end of the day, I think hope he finds his peace and happiness, whatever and wherever that may be.

I'm just glad that after that all went down, the drama has followed him and we're back out of the limelight. And aside from a select few, we're out from their doghouse the more things go on in Oakland like this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

for some reason I want bell to be less successful, possibly to show the importance of the OL and I didn't like how he went about business last year. If he could stay near 3ypc that would be good for me

55 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

for some reason I want bell to be less successful, possibly to show the importance of the OL and I didn't like how he went about business last year. If he could stay near 3ypc that would be good for me

I actually agree. I think he thinks he won in this situation and imo if he were to be healthy all year and statistically have his worst season, imo it would prove otherwise once and for all.