Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Idc how much VW plays as long as he isnt the guy trying to cover WRs again lol. I still believe he has a legit role on this team, I am not sure it is that if a starter. But I too am not worried about having to control running attacks, it's our passing D that concerns me and mostly because of safety depth 

if a legit OC is calling the game and sees William out there, why not change the play to a pass for the mismatch? Not very team is stubborn and set in their ways , and some teams will attack a known trouble area in the defence.  Safety depth and play in general has been a weakness, but ILB coverage was terrible IMO. Bush and Barron could change that but will they be given the chance?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

if a legit OC is calling the game and sees William out there, why not change the play to a pass for the mismatch? Not very team is stubborn and set in their ways , and some teams will attack a known trouble area in the defence.  Safety depth and play in general has been a weakness, but ILB coverage was terrible IMO. Bush and Barron could change that but will they be given the chance?

I mean, Williams can cover backs and TEs alright. If our coaches can put him in only positions to cover those we’ll be ok. Even if an OC or QB checks to a pass it doesn’t mean Williams will be automatically covering one of the beat WRs in the game. 

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

A smart DC, not saying Keith Butler is or isnt one, will have a plan in place for that too.

Butler had a lot of bad choices last year.  I have no idea who had the green dots last year other than Vwill.  I am pretty sure Big Red and Bostic did but not positive.  Fort might have had it in the end of the season.  So when you go down to one ILB in a dime and the LB is Williams then teams will scheme to get him in coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Butler had a lot of bad choices last year.  I have no idea who had the green dots last year other than Vwill.  I am pretty sure Big Red and Bostic did but not positive.  Fort might have had it in the end of the season.  So when you go down to one ILB in a dime and the LB is Williams then teams will scheme to get him in coverage.

I think Burnett was the plan at one time last year.

• Like 1

The Lions have the worst team in the league. Not only do they have no future. They have no present. 

Therefore, Darius Slay would be available. Now I'm looking at these rosters and we have a blah offense (top 20) and a blah defense (top 15). Slay would upgrade the defense considerably. And Detroit would be desperate for equity. Because. This is the worst I've ever seen. Six guys on the roster were picked up via waivers. 14 starters were drafted. Only three from 2009-2014. That's the veterans and heart of your team. One of which is the punter. Who probably sucks anyway. They need to tear down what they have. Now I think it's in our best interest to tear it down. Time will decide that. But Darius Slay would certainly be available and I'd rather invest in him than Joe Haden. 

On 8/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, 3rivers said:

I'm sure Brady checks to pass any time Vinny Vidi Vici is in the game. He's a decent blitzer. I'll give him that. But that's not the point. 

You'd have to think it's Barron and Bush. I'd take Ulysses Gilbert over Vinny. And I've never seen him play. He's built like a safety though. As for Red. If he doesn't make EVERY single special teams tackle. He's gone. 

Not expecting much to be answered in the first Pre-Season game but......(also haven't checked the injury report so some of these guys might not even play)

-Bush: Obviously

-Ola: We've been hearing a lot of hype this TC. Is it just fluff?

-Edmunds: The game should be slowing down for him. Can he show some signs that he was worthy of the pick?

-Cam Sutton: He's getting a lot of praise in TC. I'm skeptical.

-Diontae Johnson: Great in open space. I wanna see if those hands work. 

-Snell: More then just a power back?

-Gentry: Does he have enough athleticism to make it in the NFL?