Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I only picked this line because who's crowning him?  No one.  Unless saying a roster spot and likely the 4th WR is "crowning him".

I mean, your really going to ignore everything else for how a phrase gets used? 

You keep saying no ones saying things, and we are literally talking about phrases. You say how Eli has to outperform people because of a rookie return (see: Tomlin, Mike) and Switz “quickness’s”, 43 says he has little doubt it’s Switz over Rogers. These things allude to you believing it’s not as close as you keep telling me you believe it is. 

And I already pointed out the similarities of Rogers first down work. It’s literally not a mark for Switz over Rogers. 

20 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

These things allude to you believing it’s not as close as you keep telling me you believe it is. 

That's your words not mine.  Again, you are taking reasons people are giving as the slight advantage for Switz over Eli and making it a damn mountain.  Edit: I picked that out because it was the 4th-5th time you make an expression like "crowning him" or "second coming" to make it out like we're calling Switz "Wes Welker 2.0", which no one has done.  We're pointing to the things we believe that make it a difference.

Edited by warfelg

Ola was the star of Backs on Backers. It was noted that his strength is much improved. Also, Chick was mentioned. Apparently he had bone spurs removed from his ankle (the size of shrimp) and it is believed that this has been the reason he had no bend. Good to here about Ola and I guess we'll see about Chick. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We're pointing to the things we believe that make it a difference.

And I’m challenging you on it. Let’s ignore phrasing. Let’s ignore my alluding. 

You believe Switzer has a leg up because he is quicker, made first downs, and is versatile. Correct? 

His quickness hasn’t translated on the field in the NFL at this point, Rogers has a better first down percentage and more production, and his versatility is a joke if you consider his backfield work versatility. 

You also mention he got “better at the year went on”. 

Weeks 12-16: 9 catches, 39 yards...devastating. 

I’m not sure what you want from me then. I don’t accept “he is quick” as a discussion point. It’s the NFL my man. Everyone’s quick. There are dudes on rosters right now quicker than everyone on our team that are going to be bagging groceries in a month  

You don’t have anything else.  You hope it translates, so do I (see my 53 man roster and who makes it over who). But to this point he hasn’t shown that it does. 

I think the 5th spot is completely up for grabs because I see no one better than anyone else. Let’s see who plays the best and brings the most of the table. 

Edited by Dcash4

I have plenty.

Happy to chat about them then. 

Just because there isn't a stat to it doesn't mean my point isn't valid.

Your right. It doesn’t, but it sure as hell can help validate instead of it becoming an “I know because I watch” argument. 

I think Eli has really good hands, and uses them nicely to grab (apparently you can’t say word of a movie staring brad Pitt as a boxing Irish gypsy) the ball rather than have it catch him - they are extremely natural. I think he runs nice, sharp, precise routes and makes clean cuts in and out of breaks without slowing. I think he had a terrific feel for traffic in the middle of the field, attacks the ball well and knows how to shield himself with his body to protect the ball....any of that mean anything to you? 

If Switz quickness was a unique and deciding factor...I would expect it to help him in creating separation (it hasn’t) and i would expect it to help him in creating after the play (he hasn’t). Those claims of mine are reinforced by extremely blah and replaceable stats. Do you disagree with those assessments based on what we have seen so far, not what you hope he could become?  

Edited by Dcash4

39 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Dobbs seems the be on the loser list every practice so far.

I listen to several podcasts on google podcasts. They all have said similar things, his accuracy is an issue. They've admitted Rudolph isnt wowing anyone but Dobbs is currently 'losing ground' on the #2 spot. Let's take that with a grain of salt though cuz it's only 3 days into camp 

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I listen to several podcasts on google podcasts. They all have said similar things, his accuracy is an issue. They've admitted Rudolph isnt wowing anyone but Dobbs is currently 'losing ground' on the #2 spot. Let's take that with a grain of salt though cuz it's only 3 days into camp 

Any podcast you recommend?