Training Camp Begins! A Recap of the Practices

DoleINGout

Danny Etling is now playing wide receiver and special teams in addition to quarterback

First practices notes:

-Isaiah Wynn and Joe Thuney rotate at left tackle

-Jerod Mayo stands out with players and media as a coach

-Ben Watson is back and as good as ever!

-N'Keal Harry is getting a lot of attention from Brady, McDaniels, and Hoyer individually

-Coverage by the secondary appears to be a strong point already, as anticipated

-Joe Judge is the returning special teams coach and new wide receivers coach but Troy Brown has been helping since the spring practices

-Braxton Berrios and Dontrelle Inman are off to a slow start

https://www.patriots.com/news/bentley-berrios-ready-to-bounce-back-7-25-camp-notes

• Like 1

Day 2 practice notes include:

-Brady had a MRI and mostly watched practice

-Rookie QB Jason Stidham is impressive in the redzone in 11-on-11

-FA tight end Matt LaCosse is showcasing legitimate receiving ability against starters on defense

-Braxton Berrios continues to struggle finding separation and catching

-With Thuney at left tackle, the left guard vacancy appears to be filled first by James Ferentz or Ted Karras (who has slid over to center in the absence of David Andrews thus far)

-The secondary continues to really impress however rookie Joejuan Williams struggled with a crossing pattern by Philip Dorsett today

-Duke Dawson and Ja'Whaun Bentley filled in for the injured Nate Ebner and red-jersey Patrick Chung on punt team as personal protectors

-N'Keal Harry is inconsistent so far while UDFA wide out Jakobi Meyers is making the most of his relatively limited opportunities

https://www.patriots.com/news/day-2-blogservations-hoyer-runs-the-show

Edited by DoleINGout

My super early 53-man roster

Brady/Hoyer/Stidham

Harris/White/Burkhead/Bolden/Develin

LaCosse/Izzo/Beck

Thuney/Wynn/Andrews/Mason/Cannon/Ferentz/Karras/Froholdt/Cajuste

Edelman/Dorsett/Harris/Harry/Meyers/Slater

Gostkowski/Cardona/Bailey

26+3+24

Wise/Simon/Bennett/Winovich

Guy/Butler/Pennel/Shelton

Van Noy/Hightower/Bentley/King/Collins

Chung/McCourty/Harmon/Williams/Melifonwu

Gilmore/McCourty/Jones/Dawson/Crossen/Jackson

PUP/SUS: Sony Michel/Ken Webster/Nate Ebner/Demaryius Thomas/Byron Cowart/Josh Gordon/Ben Watson

Anybody going to these practices this summer? I might head down tomorrow.

Today was the first day of padded practices. They celebrated military families by collecting school supplies to donate to their children. Practice ended a little earlier than usual today and it was noted that there are a lot of families in general in attendance including those of the players and staff. ESPN has had coverage throughout the morning of the Pats training camp today.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Anybody going to these practices this summer? I might head down tomorrow.

Today was the first day of padded practices. They celebrated military families by collecting school supplies to donate to their children. Practice ended a little earlier than usual today and it was noted that there are a lot of families in general in attendance including those of the players and staff. ESPN has had coverage throughout the morning of the Pats training camp today.

coming over from Europe later in August.

Looks like Derek Rivers and JC Jackson again really impressed today. Jackson has been a standout so far and he looks to take another step this season to an elite cornerback

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

coming over from Europe later in August.

Looks like Derek Rivers and JC Jackson again really impressed today. Jackson has been a standout so far and he looks to take another step this season to an elite cornerback

Super exciting! I'm curious to learn more.

Regarding JC and Rivers, that is awesome news. I didn't see, read or hear anything about Rivers until this by you. I guess Dawson has stepped up a third consecutive training camp practice in a row.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Super exciting! I'm curious to learn more.

Regarding JC and Rivers, that is awesome news. I didn't see, read or hear anything about Rivers until this by you. I guess Dawson has stepped up a third consecutive training camp practice in a row.