Tidbits from around the league

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

My jaw dropped when I saw this...

It's literally one of the most stunning things in the NFL in years...

Horrible timing too for the Colts...

His shoulder must be completely done. That’s surely the only explanation.

4 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

His shoulder must be completely done. That’s surely the only explanation.

He's 'mentally' done is what's being reported. Part of it is the constant mental stresses of rehabbing and part of it is he's lost his drive for the game making it more of a grind than love...

He's apparently big into traveling the world and wants to do this...

I believe Luck in the end was the type of athlete who could walk away, instead of being told to walk away.  He is the exception, not the rule in this mindset.  Other players have done it.

I believe his career earnings were around 94 million.  I m disappointed his retirement leaked early and he was put on the spot.  It was awkward and disgraceful.  Shame on the person who leaked the info to Schefter.  Quite frankly, I think a little less towards Schefter.  Of course, when he leaked JPPs medical records, I guess I shouldn t be surprised.

Edited by ravishingone

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I believe Luck in the end was the type of athlete who could walk away, instead of being told to walk away.  He is the exception, not the rule in this mindset.  Other players have done it.

I believe his career earnings were around 94 million.  I m disappointed his retirement leaked early and he was put on the spot.  It was awkward and disgraceful.  Shame on the person who leaked the info to Schefter.  Quite frankly, I think a little less towards Schefter.  Of course, when he leaked JPPs medical records, I guess I shouldn t be surprised.

Luck is also getting a financial settlement of his contract by the Colts. A nice gesture by them and something other guys like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson were not afforded by their teams...

Good for Luck though. Putting his long term health ahead of money/fame. Even if he didn't already amass the career earnings, he'd be fine. He's got an architectural degree from Stanford...

• Like 1