Jaguars Training Camp Thread: It's BDN Time

.Buzz

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ridley also had a far superior QB as well

Its not like chark didnt have an nfl caliber qb(i mean etling was drafted as a qb and apparently trying him in other spots ala taysom hill). 

Yes etling isnt as good of a qb prospect as fromm but guess what he was an sec starting qb.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, LinderFournette said:

Its not like chark didnt have an nfl caliber qb(i mean etling was drafted as a qb and apparently trying him in other spots ala taysom hill). 

Yes etling isnt as good of a qb prospect as fromm but guess what he was an sec starting qb.

of all the opinions I have seen, this is arguably one of them

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Preseason sometimes makes me more nervous than the regular season because I just want everyone to survive the games that dont matter

I mean, they do still matter.  They can matter a lot to those guys on the fringes of the roster cut down.

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Cam robinson, marquise lee.  Both should be able to practice or extremely close to it. 

Instead marrone thinks they both might be misding first 6 games

I saw missing the 1st game not the 1st 6. That sucks if true. Lee would be nice to have but Robinson is the one we absolutely need at 100%

13 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Cam robinson, marquise lee.  Both should be able to practice or extremely close to it. 

Instead marrone thinks they both might be misding first 6 games

What is this assessment that they, "should be able to practice or extremely close to it" based on exactly?  Your expert medical assessment of their specific cases?

It does always seem like we have an overabundance of soft-tissue injuries in particular, compared to the rest of the league.  But i think at least part of that is just the locale, and playing in that heat and humidity all the time.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

What is this assessment that they, "should be able to practice or extremely close to it" based on exactly?  Your expert medical assessment of their specific cases?

It does always seem like we have an overabundance of soft-tissue injuries in particular, compared to the rest of the league.  But i think at least part of that is just the locale, and playing in that heat and humidity all the time.

Im basing it off the average tine it takes to recover from an acl.  9 months is about the average

Im also basing it off marrones comments. 

Also cam was taken off pup so expectation of should be ready for week 1

Edited by LinderFournette

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

The thought of jack getting that or something close to it is gross

Agreed.  Though i could honestly see Jack wanting/getting more.  Which is worse.

On the flip side though...imagine going from a frankly pretty dominant LBer corps of Telvin, Jack, Poz (even in his old age he was a very good base package thumper and tremendous depth).  One of the very best groups in the league, if not the best at the time.  To...potentially none of them around if Jack walks, within like 2 years.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Agreed.  Though i could honestly see Jack wanting/getting more.  Which is worse.

On the flip side though...imagine going from a frankly pretty dominant LBer corps of Telvin, Jack, Poz (even in his old age he was a very good base package thumper and tremendous depth).  One of the very best groups in the league, if not the best at the time.  To...potentially none of them around if Jack walks, within like 2 years.

Jacobs-???---williams doesnt seem bad at first glance based on how williams practiced before the injury. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Jacobs-???---williams doesnt seem bad at first glance based on how williams practiced before the injury. 

Maybe it's "not that bad", or "serviceable".  But that ??? is a big ???, and it's still a big tumble down from where we were for that one season where this team didn't completely suck.