Jaguars Training Camp Thread: It's BDN Time

.Buzz

19 hours ago, MightyRx said:

My guy. You're having 2 different arguments. I don't care about Lee and Moncrief. I'm addressing the Robinson situation. He's had 1 very good year and you want to break the bank for him. That's a recipe for cap hell. Do you remember those days?

Dont u remember when coughlin always mortgages the future for win now? Thats what he did while in the late 90s trying to win the superbowl. 

The robinson thing directly correlates to the lee and moncrief.   Lee missed the entire year and while moncrief didnt miss games i remember him being nicked up all the time. 

If we had robinson our wr corps wouldn't be full of #3 and 4 wr types.  

15 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Well actually we are kind and of in cap hell now but you bring up some valid points.. the Jags already have issues signing Yann now.. so add an ARob contract on the books that makes it even more difficult. ARob is a solid receiver but he isn’t upper echelon wideout. For LinderFournette you said Chi spreads around the rock. ARob would have essential been in the same boat here. I think a few of you view ARob as a top 10 receiver in the league.. but it’s probably 25 receivers that you can run off that you’d take before you’d get to ARobs name.. To me it’s only like 5-8 receivers in the league who is worth making big time money. ARob does not fit that build.

Arob ranks 14th in average salary on his contract. Im alsp confident that our contract guy would maske it an easy contract to get out of.  

As for spreading the ball around i think if we had a wr of arobs talent we wouldnt be spreading it around as much.    Arob would be a clear 1 and dede would be number 2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Arob ranks 14th in average salary on his contract. Im alsp confident that our contract guy would maske it an easy contract to get out of.  

As for spreading the ball around i think if we had a wr of arobs talent we wouldnt be spreading it around as much.    Arob would be a clear 1 and dede would be number 2. 

I’d like to go on record now by saying Chark will have a more productive season than ARob this year.. which could be considered a long shot seeing the rookie season Chark had. I’d also like to say that I’m concerned Keelan Cole may not make this years squad it wouldn’t surprise me.

Edited by DuvalsKing

2 hours ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

As right as you are, there is a difference between not "going off" and having a season like his last season. I'm really pulling for a turn around this season but he didn't look promising last season.

I think you underrate what a QB like Bortles last year can do.

Hard to know how anyone in the passing game is when the QB can't throw a spiral and put WRs in bad positions.

Sure, Chark had a lot of rough patches and it wasn't all Blake obviously, but think it's unfair to judge a young WR given the situation of how this whole team was last year.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Rookie WR's don't traditionally go off year 1.

No but at the same token u expect him to make some solid contributions and chark really didnt contribute much other then a few bigger plays.  While having bortles as the qb didnt help the team didnt really play him all to much and really lacked an impact in any phase of the game including special teams. 

While most rookie wrs dont go off theres always 1 or 2 that always produce 1st year. 

13 wrs drafted last year were as productive as him and 9 of those 13 were picked after had more catches then him. Is it really unreasonable to think a rookie wr could manage 20-25 catches in a rookie year.  Thats 1-2 catches a game certainly doable. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I think you underrate what a QB like Bortles last year can do.

Hard to know how anyone in the passing game is when the QB can't throw a spiral and put WRs in bad positions.

Sure, Chark had a lot of rough patches and it wasn't all Blake obviously, but think it's unfair to judge a young WR given the situation of how this whole team was last year.

I think you overate charks abilities.  He wasnt superly productive in college 66 catches in 3 years isnt good even if your college team has no qb.

I looked at 3 well-known run run run the ball teams(army, navy, ga tech) and the leading wr out of the 3 schools had 15 catches. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I think you overate charks abilities.  He wasnt superly productive in college 66 catches in 3 years isnt good even if your college team has no qb.

I looked at 3 well-known run run run the ball teams(army, navy, ga tech) and the leading wr out of the 3 schools had 15 catches. 

Chark was pretty well known to be a guy that was raw and needed development. There's a reason why he fell where he did with his raw ability.

That's your fault for thinking so if that's what you were expecting.

Edited by .Buzz

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Chark was pretty well known to be a guy that was raw and needed development. There's a reason why he fell where he did with his raw ability.

That's your fault for thinking so if that's what you were expecting.

Its not hard to get a catch or 2 game even if a guy is "raw". U could throw him a screen and let him create. He was known to be a good 9 route guy but team decided to let moncrief do that. 

Why are we picking raw players early if we are trying to make the playoffs . #FireCoughlin

23 hours ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

As right as you are, there is a difference between not "going off" and having a season like his last season. I'm really pulling for a turn around this season but he didn't look promising last season.

Yeah.  There's not going off, and then there's, not showing up.  The latter of which is what Chark did last year.

I guess we'll see.  Always knew he was a HWS type deep threat without much else to his game.  Needed a ton of development.  And Bortles was always the wrong QB to get the ball to him when he did find his way onto the field.  But it's still definitely hoping he doesn't continue to suck.  He hasn't shown anything better to date.

18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I know they didnt have any QBs but they also played in the SEC too. 

Also you conveniently added his 1 first where he was hardly on the field anyways. He had 66 catches in 2 years

22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know they didnt have any QBs but they also played in the SEC too. 

Also you conveniently added his 1 first where he was hardly on the field anyways. He had 66 catches in 2 years

33 catches a year he plays a major role is not 2nd round worthy. 

Comparison for him about Riley Ridley who had 69 catches in 3 years with a run heavy offense and didnt play a big role till his last year. 

The only reason he got drafted in round 2 is cuz hes 6 foot 3 apox 200 pounds and ran a sub 4.4. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dj-chark

Take a gander at the athletic comps for wrs. Its not very good

Nfl.com comped him to our current wr chris Conley. I think we reached based on the lack of production in college.  

Edited by LinderFournette