FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

@Nazgul, I feel bad for the tough loss you just faced.  I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but my decision was NOT personal.  As I'll explain, it was based on our one fundamental difference of opinion in this game. 

I do respect your game.  You play a hell of a game in these things.  You and @Dwight_Schrute I always consider the greatest threats in these games because unlike anyone else in these games (no offense everyone else), you understand how to communicate in these things to keep you from harm.  It is why every single year I make sure to keep the two of you as close as I can while also being extremely wary of you both. 

Believe it or not, if you had been up against an inferior opponent, I would have voted for you to win in spite of what you did to me.  This is a testament to Finn's game.  I truly believe he was deserving of the win.  He was the James K. Polk of Big Brother.  In spite of being the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons, @FinneasGage laid out exactly what he wanted to accomplish with no pretense, no disguises, and with reckless abandon to how he would be perceived, and by God he did it.  The similarities Finn has to Polk are almost unbelievable.  He said from the beginning that he didn't care if he won, he just wanted someone good to win (similar to Polk promising and delivering on only one term as President).  From the very beginning he laid out his goals (get rid of BDL, make sure someone good wins) just like Polk wanted Texas, Oregon and California.  They both did it.  What he accomplished was nothing short of a miracle.  You, on the other hand, were more like some other one term President.  Lofty ambitions, but what you did to get there prevented you from your second term (win).  Maybe John Quincy Adams.  Perfectly played your way into the finals, but, like John Quincy's questionable closed door meeting with Clay (which led to Clay's appointment to Secretary of State) that led to the Presidency, it was that move that prevented both Clay (me) and John Quincy Adams (you) from ever being President again (winning). 

Our rivalry stems solely from jury portion decision making.  That's it.  Look at my diary entries.  They clearly outline my entire thought process of the Jury portion.  With Pickle, I felt (incorrectly) that forcing a tie between Pickle and Touch would show Pickle that I did vote for him to stay.  This would potentially give me Pickle's vote in the finals.  When the decision was between Flux and Finn to nominate, I did that solely to gain the Mission and TLO vote.  Every decision I made in the jury portion reflected trying to balance the votes.  I may be wrong, and I'd love some input from @mission27, @TLO, @Pickle Rick, @ET80, @Adrenaline_Flux, @theuntouchable on whether or not I'm right, but I truly believe I was setting myself up well for the voting to go my way.  Knowing what you know BEFORE the diary entries, BEFORE the voting process, would you have voted for ME over NAZGUL or FINN? 

I conceded defeat for two reasons:

1. My impatience is my Achilles heal.
2. I did not want to lose your vote or Finn's vote. 

At that point, I felt like I could count 100% on ET's vote, Touch's vote, Finn's vote 100%.  That would leave me with only needing to convince one of Flux, Pickle, Mission or TLO to win. 

I backstab, lie and betray my way to the Jury Portion because I know I can do whatever I want without consequences from players who are NOT in the jury.  Then, once it gets to jury portion, I become extremely duplicitous and try to get others to do my dirty work.  You seem to do the opposite, and THAT is why I voted against you.  I truly, honestly, fully believe that behavior in the jury portion is the most important aspect in these games and that there is no hope of winning if you play it poorly.  I've seen it in every BB I've been a part of, I've seen it in every Survivor that I've hosted. 

On campaigning, I feel bad that you think it's not fair.  I truly believe it when I say "Jury Talks."  In fact, I count on it.  I constantly consider what jury members are talking about from the jury house.  It's why I posted that big description when I nominated Finn (I felt certain that would get me the TLO/Mission vote).  I try to play these games with as much integrity as I possibly can.  I would NEVER cheat or do ANYTHING that I felt went against the integrity of this game.  EVER.  To be accused otherwise is kind of insulting, but I get it and I don't hold it against you because I know the pain you're feeling.  Look through my diary entries and you'll see that there were several challenges I did NOT want to win.  In fact, I WANTED to lose.  One that comes to mind is the POV that sent Mission home.  Mission even asked me to throw the challenge.  I told him flat out I cannot do that.  I WANTED to throw the challenge because it was good for me if Mission stayed in.  I could not do it.  In Survivor I, I tried my best to outlaw throwing challenges.  I hate it.  I feel it goes completely against the integrity of the game. 

Ask @Pickle Rick.  I told Whicker that I didn't believe he had nothing to do with my nomination.  He sent me a screenshot PROVING that he tried to get Orca nominated.  That, I felt, was against the integrity of the game.  So when Pickle asked me to see that screenshot that Whicker had sent to me, I flat out told him I won't do it because I think it's against the integrity of the game. 

How I measure the integrity of the game is whether or not it can happen in the real game.  People can say, "He said this to me."  They cannot play back the audio. 

With the Jury Talks angle, players get sent to the Jury House.  While there, they TALK.  They share their thoughts on who they believe ought to win the game.  There's like a full week that goes by between the last person sent out and the final vote.  There has to be time for Jury Members to talk, and privately at that.  I do not feel like that is against the integrity of the game, and I feel like it would be against the integrity of the game if Jury members DIDN'T talk.  They have to know the whole story.  What went on between players, what was promised, what wasn't, what they think motivations were, who they think played a better game, etc. 

I know I fight hard against you in these games, but I'm fighting for what I believe is best for the game, and for whom I think it is best to make the winner.  It is NOT personal, I do NOT hate you, I highly respect your game, but your jury portion game is fundamentally different from mine, and if I believe fully that one method of gameplay is best, I am going to vote for who I believe played that method closest to my beliefs. 

• Like 1

And on the difference between conceding defeat and throwing a competition, I WAS going to take you to the final two if I had won, so it wasn’t unfair to Finn because I felt he was going to the jury regardless of who won.  I was hesitant to believe Mission and TLO hating Finn was real, and I knew Flux and Pickle would vote for Finn to win.  

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I wouldn’t have voted you to win outpost. That was just a dog and pony show. 

You say that every year, but up against Nazgul, I think you'd have voted for me to win.  But, at the same time, yeah.  I know I messed up a LOT in this game.  Part of me is thankful I didn't get to the final two because I could well have lost.  I know I scorned Flux, I know I scorned Mission, I know I scorned you (and worked damn hard to fix it, but what I said to you through all that was genuine). 

Gotta give @Pickle Rick credit.  He really messed with my head, and I think a lot of my mistakes stemmed from my healthy fear of him. 

Edited by Outpost31

Just now, theuntouchable said:

With how you treated me this year? Hell no! 

I just edited my last post.  Lol.  Yeah, I know.  But come on, man.  You were silent as the grave this year.  I love working with you, but your silence made me certain you were in with either Flux or Pickle or both.  Before the jury portion I felt I had the best game of my career setting things up, but then it went all downhill after the jury started.  I definitely have a lot of improvements to make on my game. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just edited my last post.  Lol.  Yeah, I know.  But come on, man.  You were silent as the grave this year.  I love working with you, but your silence made me certain you were in with either Flux or Pickle or both.  Before the jury portion I felt I had the best game of my career setting things up, but then it went all downhill after the jury started.  I definitely have a lot of improvements to make on my game. 

That’s true, I didn’t focus too much on the game until it was later in it. Then I couldn’t win a challenge to save my life and expected to have 2 allies in you and ET because I figured we were good as always. 

10 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Let's also recall that ET seemingly judged me for not "simply asking him" to be moved up his best friends list.
The lack of any kind of mention of that in the Diary entries proves that was a lie.

It was less about you losing, and more about Fin surviving/winning. He was in the cross hairs first out of all of us, but that didn't deter him from his BDL mission, which he was successful with. From there, he struck deals while having a big target on his back the rest of the way.

I thought you played a fine game overall, and you'd probably get a vote from me vs anyone else - even the two I had "ahead" of you, probably.