Lions sign Former Packer DT Mike Daniels

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

never understood how being a fan of a particular team gives you more power to be able to talk smack over a fan of another team. Literally makes 0 sense

im decided to be a pats fan now so i can talk all kinds of smack. whooohooo that was easy

Nobody is stopping you but be consistent with it and contribute to our board.B|

On 7/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, fortdetroit said:

The Lions certainly didn't have a great defense, but last year they somehow actually managed to finish 16th in points against per game and 9th in yards against per game.  Last eight games of the season they gave up something like just 18 points per game. You never know how things work out until you see the players on the field working together, but they have added quite a bit of proven talent to the defensive side since last year (ignoring any draft picks): Flowers, Snacks (9 more games worth anyways), Daniels, Coleman.  Nothing is guaranteed obviously, but i'm certainly optimistic. 

Their d-line was ******* terrible on paper last season to start the year, let alone with Ansah missing most of the season.  It's like night and day now.  

And I'm still concerned about their QB situation.  I don't trust Stafford.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

And I'm still concerned about their QB situation.  I don't trust Stafford.

That's fine.  He had a poor year last year definitely.  If he does that again it will really hurt them.  If he's more 2015-2017 Stafford they'll fine.  We'll see.

That being said, I was just talking about their defense in my post.

Edited by fortdetroit

Not sure if 2019 Mike Daniels is the world beater people think, they had him in OTAs and decided to let him go.   I know its without pads, but you can still tell some things from drills.   

I think if he was looking amazing Packers let him finish his contract.  They had the space.  

Even if he is just pretty good though the Detroit D line is pretty stout.   Even without him, it is.   

Snacks is no joke.  I hope he stays unhappy.  That's just one unit on team though.   They need more talent team wide.  

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure if 2019 Mike Daniels is the world beater people think, they had him in OTAs and decided to let him go.   I know its without pads, but you can still tell some things from drills.   

I think if he was looking amazing Packers let him finish his contract.  They had the space.  

Even if he is just pretty good though the Detroit D line is pretty stout.   Even without him, it is.   

Snacks is no joke.  I hope he stays unhappy.  That's just one unit on team though.   They need more talent team wide.  

I think detroit's OL and DL on paper look like their strongest units, which is always a good thing. Obviously, we all have questions about other parts of the roster, as is true for many teams, but that's always a good place to have a strong foundation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don't believe Daniels participated in OTAs at all. He wasn't cleared from his injury yet.

He isn't very stout against the run, but offers some interior rush potential. Apparently he was at his best as an interior rusher late in games last year before his injury.  He also apparently wasn't in very good shape and could stand to reshape his physique this summer.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Gary is gonna be a monster in the Packers system tho. That's also why they let him go. Gary's best fit was somewhere like GB, where he wasn't gonna be a 4-3 edge, but instead a 3/5 who's moved around the defensive front like a chess piece. Kinda like Clowney.