Detroit Lions sign DT Mike Daniels

RaidersAreOne

Local radio made the point that the Lions must have put together a good pitch to him, like hey here's our defense and here's where we see you as a fit and what you will be doing for us. I hope that's the case. I felt all off season that they needed one more piece on the interior DL.

• Like 1

Assuming there are no other changes to the D-Line roster, this group is going to cause chaos at the line of scrimmage.  Lets hope someone can teach A'Shawn Robinson how to generate a pass rush and maybe start getting some sacks.  I really hope we can cause as many problems from the edge as can from the interior positions.

Edited by Just Want A Title
Forgot something

I am so excited about the D line now.  The starters are going to be so dominant but the ability to sub in an out with players who would start on most teams is going to be amazing.  No O line is going to be able to hold up with the constant pounding and pressure from the rotation that the D is going to be able to produce.  This could be the signing that puts us in the upper echelon of D lines.  It not only helps in run D but it will help the secondary because of the pressure that will be put on the QB.  Pressure up the middle is one of the things that QB's hate the most and Daniels can push the pocket.  The opposing O line is going to have to double some players and keep TE's and RB's in to help block which will leave openings for our LB core.  Super excited about this and with the offense coming along with TJ showing everybody he is young but he is very good.  Ty Johnson is going to surprise people also and let's not forget about Fulgham.  All in all, this could be like getting Sheed in 04 for the Pistons.  I do believe this is the year we shock the world and put our stamp on the record books.  By Mid-year NFL Network and ESPN will be saying how this Lions team is for real.  I can see a 12-4 record and our first Superbowl birth and victory over the NE Patriots of all teams.  I know I know the Kool-Aid flows heavy over here but I would rather begin a season with great hope and expectations that with a negative outlook on it.  I enjoy the season more when I believe.  

Let the bashing begin.  

Edited by MrLionzz
Forgot to put the last line in

On 7/27/2019 at 4:47 AM, MrLionzz said:

I am so excited about the D line now.  The starters are going to be so dominant but the ability to sub in an out with players who would start on most teams is going to be amazing.  No O line is going to be able to hold up with the constant pounding and pressure from the rotation that the D is going to be able to produce.  This could be the signing that puts us in the upper echelon of D lines.  It not only helps in run D but it will help the secondary because of the pressure that will be put on the QB.  Pressure up the middle is one of the things that QB's hate the most and Daniels can push the pocket.  The opposing O line is going to have to double some players and keep TE's and RB's in to help block which will leave openings for our LB core.  Super excited about this and with the offense coming along with TJ showing everybody he is young but he is very good.  Ty Johnson is going to surprise people also and let's not forget about Fulgham.  All in all, this could be like getting Sheed in 04 for the Pistons.  I do believe this is the year we shock the world and put our stamp on the record books.  By Mid-year NFL Network and ESPN will be saying how this Lions team is for real.  I can see a 12-4 record and our first Superbowl birth and victory over the NE Patriots of all teams.  I know I know the Kool-Aid flows heavy over here but I would rather begin a season with great hope and expectations that with a negative outlook on it.  I enjoy the season more when I believe.  

Let the bashing begin.  

I think if our oline plays well, we will absolutely contend for the division. 

16 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

A lot of people were bashing Matt Patricia last year and some of it may have been deserved  but check out this article:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/07/28/mike-daniels-detroit-lions-matt-patricia/1851924001/

When players think that highly of a coach, I think it bodes well for the future.

Agreed 100%. The fact that he chose to sign with us because of Patricia and not just the money (although I doubt most players would come out and say that) said a lot.

I don't know what Daniels is going to be like with the injury. I'm hoping he'll be healthy and that his release was mainly for cap reasons. It is suspect that it happened the day before camp started. If he's close to the same guy as before, this is going to be a deadly defensive line with a solid amount of depth.

Couldnt be happier about this. As soon as I read he was getting released, I was hoping for this signing. 

I too am of the opinion that there is no question we challenge for the division with health of course. We do seem to have a pretty deep roster all around. Maybe corner is a bit thin, but I think we make up for that with the talent and depth at safety. So far Tj is dominating as are the TEs as a whole.. I am really getting gitty thinking about our 12 personal and our Jumbo package. We are going to be a problem in the redzone and down the seems between the 20s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Couldnt be happier about this. As soon as I read he was getting released, I was hoping for this signing. 

I too am of the opinion that there is no question we challenge for the division with health of course. We do seem to have a pretty deep roster all around. Maybe corner is a bit thin, but I think we make up for that with the talent and depth at safety. So far Tj is dominating as are the TEs as a whole.. I am really getting gitty thinking about our 12 personal and our Jumbo package. We are going to be a problem in the redzone and down the seems between the 20s.

if only we could have drafted greedy in the 2nd when we had the draft and took Tavai in the 3rd id feel a lot more comfortable about our secondary, even though hes only a rookie.