KC_Guy

So ... from what I read so far:

Mahomes is Mahomes doing Mahomes things
Hill doesn't miss a beat
Watkins looks just fine
7,000 people at TC today

Pringle leaving an impression (again)

of weirder nature:

Fuller only playing slot/with 2s (more about that a bit further down)
Two more NFI (LB Darius Harris and S Armani Watts), but not on reserve
One open roster slot after the release of TE Neal Sterling

waiting for:

more info on position battles at WR, TE, CB

About Fuller not playing outside:

I think Chiefs are still trying to evaluate the depth at the position, thus giving other players some prime reps with the ones. Would be worried if Fuller dosn't play on the outside with the ones leading up to pre-season game three ...

More injuries: Gehrig Dieter with back spasms, Mitchell Schwartz had his back lock up, and Keith Reaser's unlucky streak continues with what looks like an Achilles tear.

On a good note, Tanoh is getting reps with the first team defense at left DE and then moved inside for passing downs. I really think he's going to excel in this system. He was badly misused in the 3-4 as an OLB.

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

More injuries: Gehrig Dieter with back spasms, Mitchell Schwartz had his back lock up, and Keith Reaser's unlucky streak continues with what looks like an Achilles tear.

On a good note, Tanoh is getting reps with the first team defense at left DE and then moved inside for passing downs. I really think he's going to excel in this system. He was badly misused in the 3-4 as an OLB.

Lots of tweaks and position changes ... will be interesting to see how it all ends  ... completely different D for sure.

On another note: Orlando Scandrick just signed with the Eagles  .. so he won't be back (fortunately).

TK is the sort of jack-of-all-trades that should excel in Spagnuolo's system. He has the length and athleticism to play the end, but can also play penetrating DT. 

I wonder how much Scandrick has left. The Eagles have a good pass rush, but the secondary has taken flack. If he's just depth, it might work for both of them.

J

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I sure hope so. He was a high target of mine for that draft. Last season just didn't seem right for him.