The KC Chiefs Training Camp Thread

KC_Guy

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Is Custis caught in a numbers crunch? 

Kemp has been playing well enough to consider for the base four WR. If Robinson has been playing well enough to move into Conley's old slot,  Kemp could take over for Robinson.

J

Unless we keep 6 guys and cut two between Kemp, Pringle, and Dieter, I can't see Custis making the 53.

WRs flashing at training camp is always the rage. I'm sure all of them are flashing. I'm sure most of it is meaningless. There's been years of random no name standouts at WR in training camp. I don't put much stock in it anymore.

I still remember Bobby Sippio.

16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think the Hardman stuff has been overblown. People want the draft pick to succeed and do well. Who knows, maybe he will.

imo, Kemp, Robinson, and Pringle are probably doing better.

The hype is real. Cant fake the connection with Mahomes. Coaches are singing praises too

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Im pretty hyped, hes got 4.3 speed, intelligence and has been catching everything.

Na, there weresome days when he got the dropsies .. at least according to what I read ...

But he's working on it ... which is good.

4 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Na, there weresome days when he got the dropsies .. at least according to what I read ...

But he's working on it ... which is good.

What about Sunday when he had no drops? 

Doesnt have to be all negative. Which for some reason everybody is, maybe yall wanted us to go a different direction during the draft? Idk

I see it like this: his teammates think hes great and the Coaches speak highly of him. Mahomes likes him and throws him the ball a good amount

That triple threat speed combo on the field together with Kelce. That's magic right there.

22 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

What about Sunday when he had no drops? 

Doesnt have to be all negative. Which for some reason everybody is, maybe yall wanted us to go a different direction during the draft? Idk

I see it like this: his teammates think hes great and the Coaches speak highly of him. Mahomes likes him and throws him the ball a good amount

That triple threat speed combo on the field together with Kelce. That's magic right there.

Just wanted to point out he's not perfect. And did you ever hear someone talking negatively about a guy in TC? Nope, it's all fun, development, and getting better each day.

I take all that with a grain of salt and note who nobody talks about. And then all of a sudden praises exactly that guy. Like Marcus Kemp a couple of days ago.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I will admit again, I did want us to go a different direction with the draft. However, I also said that I think he can be a good replacement for Watkins next year, or this year when he probably gets hurt. But he's also coming from a college offense where he wasn't really utilized. All the positivity is just hoping that he'll come in and do well with rose colored glasses. He's a rookie, there's going to be mistakes and even then, how often do first year WR do in Reid's offense?

I think he'll do well in this offense but expectations for year one are too high imo.

I dunno, throw Hill, Hardman out there together on each side and let em fly, who gonna cover them both at the same time? Throw in Kelce going across the middle, the defenses going to be like "Wot is happening?!". And for good fun just hand the ball off to Smith, and let him go to town with that stretched out field. Andy Ried probably like a kid in a candy store this year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Just wanted to point out he's not perfect. And did you ever hear someone talking negatively about a guy in TC? Nope, it's all fun, development, and getting better each day.

I take all that with a grain of salt and note who nobody talks about. And then all of a sudden praises exactly that guy. Like Marcus Kemp a couple of days ago.

Yeah but hes getting hyped, theres a difference between kind words and hype.

Everybody weve hyped so far in the Reid era has been good. /shrugs

Sylvester Morris.

Everyone freaked when we moved up to take Hardman. 9_9 Is anyone old enough to remember Duper and Clayton?

Watson is still #2 and I'm wondering how much Robinson plays, since his game is more like Watson's than anyone else. Hardman is another burner. Kemp is the big, physical guy. That said, this is likely Watson's last year.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:55 PM, HolmesPriest said:

I dunno, throw Hill, Hardman out there together on each side and let em fly, who gonna cover them both at the same time? Throw in Kelce going across the middle, the defenses going to be like "Wot is happening?!". And for good fun just hand the ball off to Smith, and let him go to town with that stretched out field. Andy Ried probably like a kid in a candy store this year.

Then dump to pringle.