Pick Early AFC Division Winners

KewlBeanz

On 7/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, Buckweath said:

They never looked like the top AFC team.

The clear top 4 last year was the Saints, Rams, Chiefs and Pats and that was pretty much all along the season.

Ehhh wrong. First off Pats never looked like one of the top teams all season. 2nd off, KC going 3-3 last 6, Saints and Rams going 4-2 and Chargers going 5-1 says otherwise. Stop playing yourself fam. Chargers looked like the best team in the league the last 6 games of the week.  NE also went 4-2. Chargers finished 12-4 so wasnt like they finished 9-7.

Stop being weird fam.

Power Rankings week 16

More power rankings

So whatcya talkin bout willis

Do i need to keep going

Edited by Bearerofnews

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ehhh wrong. First off Pats never looked like one of the top teams all season. 2nd off, KC going 3-3 last 6, Saints and Rams going 4-2 and Chargers going 5-1 says otherwise. Stop playing yourself fam. Chargers looked like the best team in the league the last 6 games of the week.  NE also went 4-2. Chargers finished 12-4 so wasnt like they finished 9-7.

Stop being weird fam.

Power Rankings week 16

More power rankings

Do i need to keep going

Only thing you would be right on is the Pats probably didnt look like a top 4 team during most of the season but as for the rest, the Saints, Rams and Chiefs were clearly the top teams in the league during the season and entering postseason. They still looked like the best teams in the league during the postseason too.

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Clearly?

Prior to the playoff game (which admittedly was bad, but was a game where DeAndre Hopkins was playing with a grade 3 shoulder separation) the Texans/Colts played twice.

The combined score of those two games? 58-58.

I'll concede the Colts are the better team, that playoff game spoke volumes. But I don't think there's anything clear about it.

The first game was played while the Colts were not a good football team - I really doubt the Colts are the team that lost at home to the Bengals on opening day.

The next two games were played in Houston and the Colts won both. The playoff game was a big determining factor, but even before that it was clear to me that the Colts were a better team.

8 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Only thing you would be right on is the Pats probably didnt look like a top 4 team during most of the season but as for the rest, the Saints, Rams and Chiefs were clearly the top teams in the league during the season and entering postseason. They still looked like the best teams in the league during the postseason too.

I literally just gave you links to 4 national sources that say otherwise and they were all week 16. KC was being picked against nationally by the media vs Indy. Chargers were alot of national medias picks going into the playoffs. Your history is not accurate history.

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I literally just gave you links to 4 national sources that say otherwise and they were all week 16. KC was being picked against nationally by the media vs Indy. Chargers were alot of national medias picks going into the playoffs. Your history is not accurate history.

who cares about the national media?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Stop being weird fam.

Power Rankings week 16

More power rankings

Do i need to keep going

Tbf all 4 links were dated right after the Chargers got the W vs the Chiefs. So of course it's gonna look like all the pundits you found had em ranked higher, if you look at all the arrows that was when LAC made the jump...fam. 

18 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chargers were a good team.

But the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Bears and Patriots - and Ravens - all had better point differentials - and the Bears were actually playing better than the Chargers down the stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Tbf all 4 links were dated right after the Chargers got the W vs the Chiefs. So of course it's gonna look like all the pundits you found had em ranked higher, if you look at all the arrows that was when LAC made the jump...fam. 

That still shows that come end of the season they were considered one of the 2 best teams in the league fam. Which is complete opposite of what buckweath said.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Chargers were a good team.

But the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Bears and Patriots - and Ravens - all had better point differentials - and the Bears were actually playing better than the Chargers down the stretch.

PD isn't the be all end all. Blowing out a garbage team here and there will skew that. Chargers were the most balancedly ranked team offensively and defensively in the league, they finish 5-1 down the stretch which is better than all those teams you mentioned besides Chicago and Baltimore. But Baltimore finished 10-6, Chargers finished 12-4. (All 3 went 5-1)

Chargers were 1 of the best 4 teams last year by season end, fact. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

And then the games were actually played on the field and the Colts and Chargers were proven to be highly overrated, while KC and New England were highly undersold. 31-13 and 41-22?

Those 2 (Chiefs-Pats) were the clear-cut best AFC teams in 2018, and are rightly favored entering 2019.

Edited by Nightime

19 minutes ago, Nightime said:

And then the games were actually played on the field and the Colts and Chargers were proven to be highly overrated, while KC and New England were highly undersold. 31-13 and 41-22?

Those 2 (Chiefs-Pats) were the clear-cut best AFC teams in 2018, and are rightly favored entering 2019.

It was 41-28. The 2 home teams won, shocking. This doesn't change that Chargers were one of the 4 best teams by end of reg season and again most media outlets have them ahead of Chiefs going into 2019.

Preseason vegas odds are made by early better setting the mark. They mean diddly fam. That is the only place Chiefs really favored over Chargers going into 2019. Most post draft power rankings had Chargers rightfully ahead.

A singular game doesnt alter the entire season landscape. Chargers >> Chiefs in 18 and 19. Lets come to terms fam.

Getting back on topic, the safe bet is:

East - Pats

North - Browns

South - Colts

West - Chiefs

The Pats are obviously nearly a lock.

The Chiefs are anything between likely and very likely to win the West despite the usual offseason hype for the Chargers by some fans and analysts. That's not to say the Chargers have no chance but short of major injuries on the Chiefs, I dont see that happening.

The Colts are also a clear favorite but you know there is definitly a chance that the Texans or Jaguars could take that division.

The North is the wild card. Browns should be favorites but the Steelers and the Ravens should be real competitive teams and could definitly take the crown.

17 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

PD isn't the be all end all. Blowing out a garbage team here and there will skew that. Chargers were the most balancedly ranked team offensively and defensively in the league, they finish 5-1 down the stretch which is better than all those teams you mentioned besides Chicago and Baltimore. But Baltimore finished 10-6, Chargers finished 12-4. (All 3 went 5-1)

Chargers were 1 of the best 4 teams last year by season end, fact. 

Bears were hotter, same record and better point differential.

Chiefs had same record and better point differential.

Rams and Saints had better records.

Some people may have considered them a top 4 team, but that all went out the window with their embarrassing playoff loss. I'm not sure what you're arguing about? The best four teams last year were clearly the Rams, Saints, Chiefs and Patriots - and then the Chargers and Bears.