Pick Early AFC Division Winners

KewlBeanz

27 minutes ago, Malik said:

I'm shocked people are passing over the team that actually won the division in the North last season in favor of the Browns.

It's a passing league, the Ravens have the 4th best passer in the division (among starters) so it makes sense people lean in a different direction.

On the flip side the Ravens were the best against the pass. Ben did throw for 270+ both games against them, Dalton threw for 6 TDs against them and Mayfield passed for over 700 yards against them so they weren't as dominant in the division against the pass.

45 minutes ago, Malik said:

Pats

Ravens

Chiefs

Texans.

I'm shocked people are passing over the team that actually won the division in the North last season in favor of the Browns.

I'm definitely not counting the Ravens out.

The problem is that the Ravens were able to win as many games as they did last year because the offense was able to catch a lot of defenses off guard with Lamar Jackson coming in and really carving teams up on the ground like he was able to. The Ravens O got exposed big time once a team was finally able to get a second crack at it, and I think unless Lamar is able to take that next step as a passer that teams will be able to pretty much copy exactly what the Chargers D did.

Edited by Bolts223

3 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

East- Patriots until Brady retires

West- San Diego Super Chargers oh wait... The Homeless Chargers. 

South- Colts

North- Steelers

WC- Chiefs, Texans, Ravens lose out on a tiebreaker. 

Great minds think alike!

:) 

22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's a passing league, the Ravens have the 4th best passer in the division (among starters) so it makes sense people lean in a different direction.

On the flip side the Ravens were the best against the pass. Ben did throw for 270+ both games against them, Dalton threw for 6 TDs against them and Mayfield passed for over 700 yards against them so they weren't as dominant in the division against the pass.

Patriots on their super bowl championship run:

Divisional Round: 44 pass attempts, 34 rushes 
AFC Championship game: 46 pass attempts, 48 rushes 
Super Bowl: 35 pass attempts, 32 rush attempts

It's not a passing league. It's a win/loss league. That's what matters. Everything else is just a piece.

You are overrating passing yards. As you said, Baker passed for over 700 yards, but did he have a winning record against the Ravens? No? Why is that? Maybe other stuff matters?

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Patriots on their super bowl championship run:

Divisional Round: 44 pass attempts, 34 rushes 
AFC Championship game: 46 pass attempts, 48 rushes 
Super Bowl: 35 pass attempts, 32 rush attempts

It's not a passing league. It's a win/loss league. That's what matters. Everything else is just a piece.

You are overrating passing yards. As you said, Baker passed for over 700 yards, but did he have a winning record against the Ravens? No? Why is that? Maybe other stuff matters?

So Tom Brady winning the SB proves you don't have to pass to win? Yeah, they were pretty balanced but everyone tries to stop the pass against them so it opens up the run. The Ravens are the opposite, everyone will try to stop the run so if they pass effectively they will be successful.

We're talking about how to win consistently enough to make the playoffs. You can certainly do it with defense and a running game but having a great passer is the easier path. Yes, winning is the best way to make the playoffs but the argument that winning is the best way to win doesn't make sense.

The Browns weren't good at passing for a long time and they lost a lot. All of a sudden they were good at it and they were still alive in the playoff hunt until week 16 even though they started 2-6-1. The Browns and Ravens games were close both times they played, they split. Either game could have went the other way.

Whoever improves the most from last year will likely determine the division winner between the Steeers/Ravens/Browns.

Chiefs Patriots Colts Browns

Why do people call the AFC weak? I’d rather be in the NFC. Put KC in the NFC and I’d feel a SB was guaranteed, especially with home field. I can’t see the warm weather QBs from NO or LAR winning up there late in January

Meanwhile the AFC is a minefield

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 2