Pick Early AFC Division Winners

KewlBeanz

48 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

But you used NFL.com previously ITT, surely it must be pretty viable? It’s the NFL’s official site! That beats a New England website and USA Today for sure.

See this is what happens when you have blind agendas against posters who get the better of you. You go gun-ho without reading the content of the thread. Buckweath said those were the top 4 teams all year. I proved they werent, even LAAAAATE into the season. Following fam, lets scroll down to 2nd part... follow me.

Well, no boss. NFL.com has them as a top 6 team, inferior to the Chiefs as a top-4 team. So to say both fans and media had them as a top 4 team isn’t factual. I guess if you’re saying only some people thought they were that highly ranked, you’d be right, but then I could say that people have the Giants as NFCE favorites. That doesn’t make it smart though, boss man. Or a fact.

The argument wasnt that everyone had them top 4. Argument was that people outside just fans had them top 4. Which is a irrefutable fact that for some reason you keep trying to refute. You cant fam, we clear? Not everyone had Chiefs top 4. So the point is Buck was wrong. I was right. Those 4 silly teams where not that unanimous top 4. Your giants bit is just more silliness

Can’t get upset about that either. After all, national media> us fans. Therefore, NFL.com>your opinion. Your words, boss!

And after 2018...well, they didn’t even make the AFCCG because they flopped hard against NE. After the draft your argument holds a little more water, but who really cares about pre-preseason power rankings anyway? 

Nfl.com isnt the only national media fam. Ya dig or ya no dig?

They didnt flop. NE got lucky Chargers were to decimated to play their normal defensive fronts and like a great coached team NE exposed it. Its what NE does. No biggie, 2019 Chargers will distance themselves from that impression.

I care about pre season rankings, it literally means everything to me and proves Chargers > Chiefs. We good fam? 

46 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I care about pre season rankings, it literally means everything to me and proves Chargers > Chiefs.

I care about people who put their money where their mouth is and the Chiefs have the 2nd best Super Bowl odds and the Chargers the 8th.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I care about people who put their money where their mouth is and the Chiefs have the 2nd best Super Bowl odds and the Chargers the 8th.

Odds are a joke. That can be a bunch if Chiefs fans placing big stake bets creating the marker and the standard line. It means nothing to me. Power rankings is everything. It's people WHO get paid to provide insight. Not people who pay to "gamble"

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Odds are a joke. That can be a bunch if Chiefs fans placing big stake bets creating the marker and the standard line. It means nothing to me. Power rankings is everything. It's people WHO get paid to provide insight. Not people who pay to "gamble"

Yeah they get paid for articles or opinions they don't get paid for predictions specifically. Angles are important in that business to get clicks, so you have to take everything with a grain of salt. There are no angles for odds makers besides placing teams in spots that make the most sense, as far as money and just logic.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

See this is what happens when you have blind agendas against posters who get the better of you. You go gun-ho without reading the content of the thread. Buckweath said those were the top 4 teams all year. I proved they werent, even LAAAAATE into the season. Following fam, lets scroll down to 2nd part... follow me.

They were according to NFL.com

The argument wasnt that everyone had them top 4. Argument was that people outside just fans had them top 4. Which is a irrefutable fact that for some reason you keep trying to refute. You cant fam, we clear? Not everyone had Chiefs top 4. So the point is Buck was wrong. I was right. Those 4 silly teams where not that unanimous top 4. Your giants bit is just more silliness

He didn’t say “unanimous top 4”. Nor did he say “every single person in the world thought they were top 4”. He said the Saints, Rams, Pats, and Chiefs looked like the top 4 teams for most of the season. Not sure I’d agree (NE looked down, especially early), but the I agree that the Chiefs were the superior team over the Chargers. His point does not require unanimity, like you’re pretending it does.

It’s funny, so the Chargers were the best (or minimum, second best) AFC team last year (even though they got bodied in the playoffs again), now they’re the best or second best in the AFC after the draft - they better start winning some playoff games! Historically underachieving?

Nfl.com isnt the only national media fam. Ya dig or ya no dig?

They didnt flop. NE got lucky Chargers were to decimated to play their normal defensive fronts and like a great coached team NE exposed it. Its what NE does. No biggie, 2019 Chargers will distance themselves from that impression.

“Got lucky”, is that why Bosa was acting like a lifelong Brady-fan during the game? Because they’re so lucky?

Edited by Yin-Yang

51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

They were according to NFL.com

He didn’t say “unanimous top 4”. Nor did he say “every single person in the world thought they were top 4”. He said the Saints, Rams, Pats, and Chiefs looked like the top 4 teams for most of the season. Not sure I’d agree (NE looked down, especially early), but the I agree that the Chiefs were the superior team over the Chargers. His point does not require unanimity, like you’re pretending it does.

They didnt do. Chiefs went 3-3 last 6 weeks 😂😂 Chargers went 5-1, including beating KC in KC on a short week missing 2 probowl players in MG and KA. So you would be wrong like him in thinking KC was better. Early in the season? Sure. Late? No chance.

Chargers lost to an 8-0 team at home.... on the road. KC lost to a 3-5 team on the road at home.

51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s funny, so the Chargers were the best (or minimum, second best) AFC team last year (even though they got bodied in the playoffs again), now they’re the best or second best in the AFC after the draft - they better start winning some playoff games! Historically underachieving?

“Got lucky”, is that why Bosa was acting like a lifelong Brady-fan during the game? Because they’re so lucky?

2nd best? Chargers were the best. 1 game doesnt change that, that notion is stupid to begin with.

Win playoff games like KC and their 2 in 27 years?

What does Bosa being chatting with Brady have to do with anything. Literally the dumbest argument ive ever heard on here. Bosa is a cornball and goofy. Elite af, but awkwardly dorky so him fanboying Tom doesnt mean anything about that game.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah they get paid for articles or opinions they don't get paid for predictions specifically. Angles are important in that business to get clicks, so you have to take everything with a grain of salt. There are no angles for odds makers besides placing teams in spots that make the most sense, as far as money and just logic.

I dont know about that. Its their job, like our jobs. On the surface to us it might look like morons making random predictions. But this is their career. Watching tape, having analyst who give them metrics, having inside info, player perspective, etc. A litany of work goes into these "opinions". That guy goldwars (i might of butchered his name) on this site who did his early rankings. Was pretty insightful and informative and im going to assume he doesnt get paid for it,  doesnt have the resources they do, the experience, the sources, the team of analyst and access to data that they do.

I think the trendy thing to do is pull a trump and poopoo the media as clowns. They aren't for the most part. They are very insightful and knowledged. Doesnt mean they are always right. Its sports, anything can and does happen.

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I dont know about that. Its their job, like our jobs. On the surface to us it might look like morons making random predictions. But this is their career. Watching tape, having analyst who give them metrics, having inside info, player perspective, etc. A litany of work goes into these "opinions". That guy goldwars (i might of butchered his name) on this site who did his early rankings. Was pretty insightful and informative and im going to assume he doesnt get paid for it,  doesnt have the resources they do, the experience, the sources, the team of analyst and access to data that they do.

I think the trendy thing to do is pull a trump and poopoo the media as clowns. They aren't for the most part. They are very insightful and knowledged. Doesnt mean they are always right. Its sports, anything can and does happen.

Well the media used to report stories and now they create them so that transition soured a lot of people on them. They are just entertainment themselves now, it is what it is.

If Tyreek misses time for some reason, and I think that has a lot to do with most of these predictions, then that does change things. We know as of right now that doesn't appear to be the case so I think most experts who picked now would take the Chiefs over the Chargers. Still just opinion, both should be good so it's more of a guess than anything. We'll see how it plays out.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:56 AM, Bearerofnews said:

I will bet you $10,000 that the Chargers don't win the division. I can afford it. Put your money where your mouth is, troll. PM me if you wanna get serious or shut the **** up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shake said:

I will bet you $10,000 that the Chargers don't win the division. I can afford it. Put your money where your mouth is, troll. PM me if you wanna get serious or shut the **** up.

You dont have 10k to bet, troll. But you can make me a sig and avatar bet if you dont just disappear. You seem like a fake account who once he loses, which 100% you will lose will just leave. So make it official sig and avatar bet and if you do disappear i can just remind everyone how i ran off Shake and you would be dishonoring Chiefs kingdom by cowering from your lost bet obligations.

Sign the line fam __________________

Edited by Bearerofnews

Not saying they don't have any chance but the Chargers are not winning the West.

Soon enough, people will realize what kind of team the Chiefs are fielding this year. Think maybe 13-14 wins which is a real possibility. They will be that good. And I really don't see the Chargers matching that at all. 

The Chiefs are literally better across the board on offense, except RB, if Gordon is playing..

The Chiefs will have a slightly better DL than the Chargers too and overall a clearly improved defense.

If the Chiefs were to add a good CB, I would literally tell Chargers fans to just forget about the division.

14 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Not saying they don't have any chance but the Chargers are not winning the West.

Soon enough, people will realize what kind of team the Chiefs are fielding this year. Think maybe 13-14 wins which is a real possibility. They will be that good. And I really don't see the Chargers matching that at all. 

The Chiefs are literally better across the board on offense, except RB, if Gordon is playing..

The Chiefs will have a slightly better DL than the Chargers too and overall a clearly improved defense.

If the Chiefs were to add a good CB, I would literally tell Chargers fans to just forget about the division.

Keep telling yourself that, you might eventually believe it. Until mid season comes around.