Seahawks Sign Bobby Wagner To Extention

showtime

Eh, I'd have to give it a B- grade overall. Bobby is the best ILB in the NFL (slightly above Luke) but he's got some wear and tear and we just gave him $40M guaranteed (WHOA!). This means we're definitely stuck with him for 2 years and he'll likely pull the holdout bull**** in year 3 of his highest paid contract, so I really consider this a 2 year deal - since I can't imagine with his insane tackle count + wear/tear he'll play much longer after his early 30s - and a new contract should not be dishing out massive amounts (which he'll likely want). Seattle definitely will NOT be competitive on defense without him so I can't give this a low grade, but Seattle definitely overpaid thanks to the New York Jets ridiculous contract for CJ Mosley.

Nearly 75% of his contract is guaranteed over a 3 year duration. Seems like irresponsible spending given how these guys holdout these days. Tempted to bump this to a C/C+ grade.

9 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Eh, I'd have to give it a B- grade overall. Bobby is the best ILB in the NFL (slightly above Luke) but he's got some wear and tear and we just gave him $40M guaranteed (WHOA!). This means we're definitely stuck with him for 2 years and he'll likely pull the holdout bull**** in year 3 of his highest paid contract, so I really consider this a 2 year deal - since I can't imagine with his insane tackle count + wear/tear he'll play much longer after his early 30s - and a new contract should not be dishing out massive amounts (which he'll likely want). Seattle definitely will NOT be competitive on defense without him so I can't give this a low grade, but Seattle definitely overpaid thanks to the New York Jets ridiculous contract for CJ Mosley.

Nearly 75% of his contract is guaranteed over a 3 year duration. Seems like irresponsible spending given how these guys holdout these days. Tempted to bump this to a C/C+ grade.

Your wording here is weird to me.  $40 million guaranteed for the best MLB in football.... what's the issue.  Since 2015, he has only missed two games.  I don't get how he got overpaid?  You just said he's the best ILB in football (which I agree with) and CJ Mosley, who's not even in the same galaxy as Wagner, got more guaranteed money.  Wagner just turned 29 years old, so the contract length is still really good.  I mean, it's not like the guy is turning 34 years old or something.

It's also great because it knocks this out and gets it out of the way.  It'll no long be a distraction for Wagner or the team.