NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, when Amos was the most talented safety in our secondary even PFF ranked him in the 40s. Average starter. What of note did he do with Jackson out last year? The INT in the playoff game was a deflected pass floater that any safety catches. It wasn’t a great play by him but rather him getting the takeaway because of a great play by someone else. 

IMO, whether or not Amos lives up to his contract in GB will be largely dependent upon whether Darnell Savage (who I am very high on) pans out. With that said, that that’s potentially a requirement for Amos’ play to reach the point where his contract is justified is already an acknowledgement that they overpaid. They got average who looks good next to great at a good-to-great price. He’s the baked potato with butter thats just a potato until it’s served with an impeccably prepared ribeye. 

There really does seem to be some cognitive dissonance with Amos.  What's more likely, the S who was jag, a league average, replacement level starter (who we all thought they were trying to replace) suddenly becomes a top 5 safety, or that he just looks a whole lot better when he has the leagues best young safety playing centerfielder taking away the deep ball?

Anyone else notice the absence of Packer Fans hereabouts?

In the past at least on other forums I was a member of they came in early hootin' and hollerin' tossing jabs left and right about how we were gonna get our butts kicked.

This year?  Crickets. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Anyone else notice the absence of Packer Fans hereabouts?

In the past at least on other forums I was a member of they came in early hootin' and hollerin' tossing jabs left and right about how we were gonna get our butts kicked.

This year?  Crickets. xD

There are a lot of nerves.

Edited by dll2000

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i've been exiled by packer fans with the closure of my week 2 GDT against the vikings. the viking fans also exiled me. is the CHI thread a safe space to start a GB v. MIN GDT where we slander both MIN and GB? i'm in search of a team subforum. i am friends with @Tyty if that means anything

Depends on how toxic the Bears forum is still after losing to y’all