NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

It drove me absolutely bonkers, I at home could see that there was 1 LB on the field.  Put a hat on hat, and let your young RB, known for forcing missed tackles, go out there and force some missed tackles.  Then when they have to bring in the street FA they just signed as the only other healthy LB, now you create mismatches in the passing game.  I had Larry Johnson flashbacks.  "We're playing checkers, not chess.  You run when they want you to pass, and you pass when they want you to run"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

@vegas492 Well I think you pretty much won our bet even though it is still early in season.

Wheels really came off the Bears bus this year.

Its a long season, man.

I'm shocked by our early success.

I still think that GB can beat most every team in the league....and be beaten by most every team in the league...with a few exceptions.

Week to week.  Game to game.

I think you guys need an offensive identity.  It should be pounding the running game.  I know that others disagree, but losing the power running of Howard hurt that offense.  Montgomery is not quite ready for prime time and the line isn't good enough for a young back to succeed.

I sure have been impressed with Allen Robinson, though.  You find a running game and that play action stuff is going to be deadly.

Don't give up hope just yet.  Your coach said he isn't "stupid", though his play calling tells a different story.  If he can manage to let Mitch throw only 25 times a game, I'll bet the Bears start winning games.  But he's gotta simply commit to the run.

And you know the Bears are going to show up hungry for a win at Lambeau.  Regardless of record, that is going to be a slug fest.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Its a long season, man.

I'm shocked by our early success.

I still think that GB can beat most every team in the league....and be beaten by most every team in the league...with a few exceptions.

Week to week.  Game to game.

I think you guys need an offensive identity.  It should be pounding the running game.  I know that others disagree, but losing the power running of Howard hurt that offense.  Montgomery is not quite ready for prime time and the line isn't good enough for a young back to succeed.

I sure have been impressed with Allen Robinson, though.  You find a running game and that play action stuff is going to be deadly.

Don't give up hope just yet.  Your coach said he isn't "stupid", though his play calling tells a different story.  If he can manage to let Mitch throw only 25 times a game, I'll bet the Bears start winning games.  But he's gotta simply commit to the run.

And you know the Bears are going to show up hungry for a win at Lambeau.  Regardless of record, that is going to be a slug fest.

We are 3-3 but it feels like 0-6. 

This Bears offense is about as bad as it was 2 years ago when they had nothing and on paper it has a lot talent.  That's just sad.  

Its just a mess.   It's spilled milk, but we just really blew our QB choice.  We are Portland Trailblazers and passed on Jordan.   We actually had 3 or 4 forum guys pounding table for Mahomes in that draft.  Kudos to them.  I think most of NFL guys were split on MT and Watson and Mahomes was 3rd.  Some had Kizer at 2.  

Unless we get lucky somehow and someone unknown and talented drops in our lap its just reset button time at the QB position.  

They will probably try to do a Cousins type move next year and bring in a middling veteran since they don't have a first round pick again.  Put us on a mediocrity treadmill.

I'm done stressing about it for 2019.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We are 3-3 but it feels like 0-6. 

This Bears offense is about as bad as it was 2 years ago when they had nothing and on paper it has a lot talent.  That's just sad.  

Its just a mess.   It's spilled milk, but we just really blew our QB choice.  We are Portland Trailblazers and passed on Jordan.   We actually had 3 or 4 forum guys pounding table for Mahomes in that draft.  Kudos to them.  I think most of NFL guys were split on MT and Watson and Mahomes was 3rd.  Some had Kizer at 2.  

Unless we get lucky somehow and someone unknown and talented drops in our lap its just reset button time at the QB position.  

They will probably try to do a Cousins type move next year and bring in a middling veteran since they don't have a first round pick again.  Put us on a mediocrity treadmill.

I'm done stressing about it for 2019.  Good luck to you.

Same to you...but I think you will turn it around.

For the record, I was thrilled when the Bears bypassed on Watson.  I thought he was the best in that class and had everything you wanted in a franchise QB.  I wasn't "sold" on Mahomes due to his lack of height.  Which was a stupid oversight on my part.  I do remembering thinking that he had the best arm of the bunch, though.

I watched a little of Mitch in college and did not see anything that got me excited.  Accuracy was an issue.  Arm strength was just okay.  Athlete was okay, and I admit that he's better than "okay" as an athlete at the QB position.  That accuracy thing, though, is part arm and a lot mental.

I guess I feel like the Bears can land a game manager at QB that would get them right back up there.  Maybe it is Bridgewater.  I think even Keenum would look good back there.  

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

and... @dll2000

Go over to our site sometime.  There is at least one poster who is complaining about our own QB.  6-1 and Rodgers sucks.  I call it first world football problems.

LOL every time I go there people freak.  I don't even say anything bad.  I tell light hearted jokes sometimes.

I guess some people do that here too.  Way of the world.  

Rodgers definitely doesn't suck.  I think he isn't anywhere near where he was at this peak though.  Not greatest year for QB play across board in NFL with a few exceptions.

I posted so much in offseason that I am kind of burnt out on the year with everything going sideways for Bears.  Better for my work life that is for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

LOL every time I go there people freak.  I don't even say anything bad.  I tell light hearted jokes sometimes.

I guess some people do that here too.  Way of the world.  

Rodgers definitely doesn't suck.  I think he isn't anywhere near where he was at this peak though.  Not greatest year for QB play across board in NFL with a few exceptions.

I posted so much in offseason that I am kind of burnt out on the year with everything going sideways for Bears.  Better for my work life that is for sure.

I think Rodgers has regained that peak form.  He's slowly transforming into what I hoped.  A guy that will take what is there and push it only when needed.  I feel like I've seen him get to near MVP level from the Eagles game forward.  

His arm angles and delivery have really cleaned up the past 3-4 weeks.  And his deep accuracy is coming back.  Best of all?  He's happy handing it off or dumping it off and taking the 5 yards.  You could see him struggle with that early on, but he's starting to trust more now.

It really, and I mean REALLY helps when he has an offensive line that he can trust, especially up the middle.  His feet aren't nearly as happy now as they were early in the year.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think Rodgers has regained that peak form.  He's slowly transforming into what I hoped.  A guy that will take what is there and push it only when needed.  I feel like I've seen him get to near MVP level from the Eagles game forward.  

His arm angles and delivery have really cleaned up the past 3-4 weeks.  And his deep accuracy is coming back.  Best of all?  He's happy handing it off or dumping it off and taking the 5 yards.  You could see him struggle with that early on, but he's starting to trust more now.

It really, and I mean REALLY helps when he has an offensive line that he can trust, especially up the middle.  His feet aren't nearly as happy now as they were early in the year.

I think people underestimate how important both good blocking and throwing ball on time is to QB play.

Probably countless QBs that may have turned out different had they learned to play with a good O line.  

• 2 weeks later...

Metcalf has been turning into a hell of a WR. I remember looking at how lazy he would be out of cuts and his body catches drove me insane,  and even playing down to competition that he should dominate it seemed. 

Now he is making hard cuts, fighting like old school Brandon Marshall off the line and after the catch, making catches with major adjustments, and looks like he is attacking the ball with his hands rather than waiting for it. What the hell happened here?! Lol. Kid looks completely different than I remember seeing. 

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Metcalf has been turning into a hell of a WR. I remember looking at how lazy he would be out of cuts and his body catches drove me insane,  and even playing down to competition that he should dominate it seemed. 

Now he is making hard cuts, fighting like old school Brandon Marshall off the line and after the catch, making catches with major adjustments, and looks like he is attacking the ball with his hands rather than waiting for it. What the hell happened here?! Lol. Kid looks completely different than I remember seeing. 

Wrong thread. Focus on the Bahamas :)

• Like 1