NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's as misleading as the notion that somehow the argument that it only costs the Bears 500k if they release him.  That only occurs if that happens prior to the start of the season.  It's not a reliable point in your argument.  Unless you have reason to believe he's going to be released before then, it's really not a strong argument.

I'm talking about the argument that Amos was your 10th or 11th best defensive player.  Unless you're fielding a team of All Pros, your 10th and 11th best player are usually JAGs.  Amos isn't a JAG.

Who of the following was Amos better than?

Mack

Hicks

Goldman

Floyd

Smith

Trevathan

Fuller

Prince

Jackson

I'll wait...

On 7/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Who of the following was Amos better than?

Mack

Hicks

Goldman

Floyd

Smith

Trevathan

Fuller

Prince

Jackson

I'll wait...

Maybe Amukamara. MAYBE. Regardless, Amos was their worst or second worst defensive player.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, soulman said:

removed

xD Not me, sou

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, soulman said:

The one whose been posting is getting "mod-erately" annoying.  Which one of you invited him in? 

Nobody. 

I triggered him severely before last season when he and I had an argument over his stance that there was no way Trubisky could ever be a good quarterback because...well, you know... reasons and all that. Mitchell  being a Bear a big part of it.

But, he of course bounced into here to lambaste anybody criticizing the "obvious" (and therefore, I assume, brilliant) selection of Gary in the first round by the Pack. Again, uninvited. 

Now he's bouncing around again--I see he's annoying Vikings fans now, in their Packer thread. 

I don't understand why a moderator would be held to a lower standard of behavior than the rest of us. Although he recently called me a troll--for casting a skeptical eye towards the Packers releasing Mike Daniels--he's actually engaged in full on trolling in the past. Yeah...a trolling moderator. Wonderful. I simply don't get this, "Well, they're Packers fans, they're bound to be *******s" attitude on this site--from the very top on down. It shouldn't be tolerated. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Is it just me or does Rodgers face look old in this picture?  Older than 35 I mean.  I'm 44 and my face doesn't look nearly that old.

Wishing I had those calves though.

I'm 53, and my face doesn't either. Although it's becoming fatter for some reason.

I've got the calves covered, though. 9_9

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Nobody. 

I triggered him severely before last season when he and I had an argument over his stance that there was no way Trubisky could ever be a good quarterback because...well, you know... reasons and all that. Mitchell  being a Bear a big part of it.

But, he of course bounced into here to lambaste anybody criticizing the "obvious" (and therefore, I assume, brilliant) selection of Gary in the first round by the Pack. Again, uninvited. 

Now he's bouncing around again--I see he's annoying Vikings fans now, in their Packer thread. 

I don't understand why a moderator would be held to a lower standard of behavior than the rest of us. Although he recently called me a troll--for casting a skeptical eye towards the Packers releasing Mike Daniels--he's actually engaged in full on trolling in the past. Yeah...a trolling moderator. Wonderful. I simply don't get this, "Well, they're Packers fans, they're bound to be *******s" attitude on this site--from the very top on down. It shouldn't be tolerated. 

I would have to agree that coming onboard in a rivals forum and beating a dead horse even deader with multiple posts all based on either repetitive personal opinion or so lacking in provable fact that it's easy to refute one comes under the heading of at least borderline trolling.  Packer fans often have a hard time understanding the rest of us do not see them as being somewhat "special" just because.

He seems to enjoy asking irrational questions that can't be answered like "how long before the Bears cut ties with HHC-D" more or less as a set up for a future "I told you so".  I can accept the possibility that Adrian Amos may be a much more valuable SS in the GB defense than he was for us but in his mind HHC-D can only be even worse as a Bear than he was as a Packer.  That's irrational thinking itself.

He also likes to frame leading questions his way hoping the responder will rise to the bait and if you refuse to play he just comes back with the same question worded slightly different.  In a court of law the judge would tell him to move on.  The question has usually been answered previously in some form or another just not as CWood would like to have had it answered.  He has a "tundra lock" perspective.

I mean how many ways are there to deny it when being asked did you stab Colonel Mustard in the Library with a sword or do you like Green Eggs and Ham, Sam I Am before it gets so redundant you just walk away?  Hopefully he'll read this and take a hint but I'm not gonna count on that either.  It's tough for GB fans to accept they no longer play in a division that's a cake walk to win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

jq08y3lcendbimoyxcmg.jpg

Is it just me or does Rodgers face look old in this picture?  Older than 35 I mean.  I'm 44 and my face doesn't look nearly that old.

Wishing I had those calves though.

I don't care how old he looks.  I'm just waiting for him to begin playing old each week but if he's anything like Brady we may have along wait.  One thing I do expect to see, and maybe we have already, is diminishing abilities to escape the pocket and extend plays.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I don't care how old he looks.  I'm just waiting for him to begin playing old each week but if he's anything like Brady we may have along wait.  One thing I do expect to see, and maybe we have already, is diminishing abilities to escape the pocket and extend plays.

I think Brady is the exception to a lot of rules.  You can't judge longevity off of him.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Nobody. 

Exactly. His post where he tagged me is definitely trolling. He made up something that I said because he is still butt hurt that he was proven wrong in an argument from over a year ago. Pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pool said:

Exactly. His post where he tagged me is definitely trolling. He made up something that I said because he is still butt hurt that he was proven wrong in an argument from over a year ago. Pathetic.

I dont mind Packers fans coming to talk.  It can add a lot to discussion.

@vegas492adds.  We don't have to agree.  There is no winning a lot of debates, you just put your perspective out there and they theirs.

If they aren't adding anything just ignore them and they will go away.  If they are really annoying like philly fan who was posting penises all over place just block them. 

If you are going to Troll you should at least be funny in a light hearted way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Since clearly I’m unwanted around here, I’ll leave.  Good luck on the season.

I went back and looked.  You werent rude.  Its okay with me if you post here.

Not like I run the place though.