NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

Now when Nagy has team do up downs or whatever he is making it a punishment for failing in a competition. 

It is for fun in essence and brings best out of a drill and adds comradardie.  This is also something good coaches figured out long ago,. 

Nagy looks way more comfortable if front of media than a lot of these other coaches including Fangio.  Being a head coach is about more than Xs and Os.  

A lot different than being a coordinator.  

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s actually @St Vince‘s quote. Sorry for the misquote.

I don’t know whether HHCD being a fraud is true or not but to be honest I don’t really care so long as we get the guy who performs well for whatever reason. If he performs like an elite player because he’s surrounded by studs or because he actually is a stud is irrelevant to every Bears fan and to the team so long as we get the performance. HHCD’s regression in GB post-Pro Bowl can also arguably be attributed to the opposite end of that same spectrum, where the other secondary talent the past 2 years has either also regressed (vets) or been somewhat slow to develop into quality starters (King in particular). Only a change of scenery can really tell, and even that re: his Washington reps he also went to a new system midseason so objectively it probably should be taken with at least somewhat of a grain of salt.  We’ll see soon enough.

One would think the same thing you’re suggesting may happen to HHCD this year in Chicago very could have just happened for Amos the last 2 years as well though. Pre-Eddie Jackson, Amos was a very replacement level starter by even PFF’s evaluation, so was it a spike in development, the Jackson effect, or both? Now that he’s in a situation that will almost surely ask more of him we should find out reasonably quickly whether or not Amos is a “fraud” too. 

I don't hate the guy to be honest and not bashing him for going to a North rival because that's what all ex Packers have done. I'm just not convinced he's that good and C Wood laid it out perfectly. 

We weren't gonna pay him and happy we got something for him unlike the Skins who  actually lost money and draft capital.

Dix hasn't been the same since he lost a close family member a few years ago. I remember he was excused from training camp 2017  to mourn because he was so  grief-stricken. He had a terrible year and never got better over the years.

As for Amos I honestly don't know anything about him to have an opinion. All I know is he was a solid not great player on a awesome defense. 

But in this system all we're asking him to do is what he did in Chicago, be assignment sure, good tackler and let Savage be the playmaker. We don't expect him to be Earl Thomas.

As for Dix he landed in the perfect system to turn his career around, if he can't get it done there he won't anywhere. I'd be actually shocked if he still sucks with all that talent around him.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, soulman said:

That may all be true but at the end of the day if we get from him what we paid for as a contributor to the defense and he moves on then it's fair deal for both sides.

One hope I have is that if by chance he feels wronged by GB that for at least two games he feels he has a score to settle and he will make life miserable for Rodgers......icon_e_wink.gif

Very true. You got him for peanuts and if helps you get to a SB it's a win for both sides. Even If he does come back to haunt us it will be this year only. I only see a one year marriage because you guys have too many key players to extend. I'm sure Dix and Daniel's both have the Packers circled on their calendar's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, St Vince said:

Very true. You got him for peanuts and if helps you get to a SB it's a win for both sides. Even If he does come back to haunt us it will be this year only. I only see a one year marriage because you guys have too many key players to extend. I'm sure Dix and Daniel's both have the Packers circled on their calendar's.

Seems to me it is a one year marriage of convenience for both sides.

Ha Ha needs a banner year playing in good defense to get his rep back intact and market value back up.  We had that to offer.

We needed another Safety on a shoe string budget and he accepted the offer albeit far lower than desired.  In 2020 he'll be gone.

As I discussed with CWood we're somewhat protected against any lack of improvement in his play via having a couple other vets with enough experience to replace him if it becomes necessary Deon Bush being one and Sherrick McManis another.  Both started some games last season including the playoff game. 

Logically Bush would be the heir apparent next season and he'll be in the mix this year as well and should be able to keep HHC-D honest.

Edited by soulman

This is hilarious:

https://texastakes.com/2019/08/05/houston-texans-training-camp-will-leave-you-speechless/

"Anyways, as you may have expected, it was NOT a good day to be a Greenbay Packer

Greenbay eventually got tired of getting their ***** kicked in football and tried to resort to fighting instead. That didn’t work out either

Deshaun had such an easy time with the Packer’s defense he decided to stay after and do some extra drills. That’s my Quarterback

Better luck next time, Aaron"

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This is hilarious:

https://texastakes.com/2019/08/05/houston-texans-training-camp-will-leave-you-speechless/

"Anyways, as you may have expected, it was NOT a good day to be a Greenbay Packer

Greenbay eventually got tired of getting their ***** kicked in football and tried to resort to fighting instead. That didn’t work out either

Deshaun had such an easy time with the Packer’s defense he decided to stay after and do some extra drills. That’s my Quarterback

Better luck next time, Aaron"

Fackrell had just destroyed their other tackle twice.

They started fighting after the same ****** lit 3 different people up in a non full go ******* practice.

• Like 1