Giants WR Golden Tate suspended 4 games

ACO

9 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Saquon Barkley might not win MVP but there will literally be no one more valuable and important to a team than he will be to the Giants. 

Well the Giants are probably ending up with the same outcome this season if I start at RB or Barkley does so I'm not sure he is that valuable. Valuable to put butts in seats I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Well the Giants are probably ending up with the same outcome this season if I start at RB or Barkley does so I'm not sure he is that valuable. Valuable to put butts in seats I guess.

I bet you the Giants would wrap him in cotton wool if they could though.

Every year we hear about guys taking something they "didn't know was an ingredient" until shortly after.  If you are prescribed something that is unfamiliar to you, then the first thing you should do is make sure you are allowed to take it.  It can't be that difficult as seen by the fact that, according to him, he figured it out just days later.

And if this is all true, then I would hope the NFL could offer some leeway.  Still, you are a multi-millionaire in a league that drug tests.  The NFL gives you a full list of banned substances.  If you are about to take something you have never taken before, it's a quick process to make sure what is in it isn't on the list.

• Like 5

It sounds like he got tested and knew he'd fail and then self reported it to try and get ahead of the system. Seems to me he still needs to be suspended. I like the stance of saying the players need to know what they are taking. Any exceptions is a dangerous precedent. 

• Like 3

If what he says is true, I feel for him, but at the end of the day, players are responsible for what they put in their bodies.  If he was prescribed something new, he could have absolutely had it cleared by the NFL before he started taking it.  As others have pointed out, it sounds like he got randomly chosen and then came up with the story bc he knew he would fail.

45 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It sounds like he got tested and knew he'd fail and then self reported it to try and get ahead of the system. Seems to me he still needs to be suspended. I like the stance of saying the players need to know what they are taking. Any exceptions is a dangerous precedent. 

I agree as long as that is limited to an ingredient that is supposed to be in it. The tainted supplement or meat excuse has certainly been overused where players just claim it even though it is likely patently false but it does happen. I would require the player to actually prove it was tainted however. If it is meat that will likely be impossible. Supplements may be possible. I've always imagined that if I was an athlete not only would I be calling up the players asociation, league, USADA, WADA, and the manufacturer to make sure there was nothing illegal in something I was taking, I would also leave 2 pills (or some liquid if that is the form it is in) of every single bottle I used between tests so if one comes back positive I would have to test and prove they were tainted. Only after a test cleared me would I finish the bottle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Saquon Barkley might not win MVP but there will literally be no one more valuable and important to a team than he will be to the Giants. 

Baker can be in that same arguement. If they go down, that offense is screwed