AJ Green carted off the field

SBLIII

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

6-8 weeks. Wow, thats rough. Normally he starts off great and then gets hurt. Sorry to hear that. Isn't he entering a contract year soon?

I believe this is the last year of his deal. The Bengals had to have gotten some inquiries for him as well. I wanted the 49ers to look into him. At his age, and with the recurring leg injuries, I'm honestly not sure how much he has left in the tank. Cincinnati should trade him at the deadline after he gets back and flashes that he still has it. 

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Yes it is, which deflates his trade value

https://overthecap.com/player/a-j-green/156/

Certainly, he'd just be a rental, so they aren't getting a first round pick for him, but he's got to get more than the third round pick that the Lions got for Tate (assuming that he comes back healthy from this injury and is playing reasonably well). 

They really need to trade him at the deadline. I'm sure a team will willingly give up a second if they are considering themselves a possible super bowl contender. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Certainly, he'd just be a rental, so they aren't getting a first round pick for him, but he's got to get more than the third round pick that the Lions got for Tate (assuming that he comes back healthy from this injury and is playing reasonably well). 

They really need to trade him at the deadline. I'm sure a team will willingly give up a second if they are considering themselves a possible super bowl contender. 

Idk about that considering its a rental for 12 games if you’re lucky

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Whoever made the decision to practice on that field, despite the complaints/concerns needs to be fired.

The NFL league offices came up with the idea to honor Dayton's historical place in the early days of the league.

And as much as players didn't like the field, it had literally nothing to do with the ankle injury- Dre Kirkpatrick came down on AJs ankle after a contested ball.  The field had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The Eagles gave up a third for Golden Tate and 8 games. 

I think we all agree that was a horrible mistake though. We all agree AJ Green is a great WR when he’s on the field but the fact he is going into the season hurt, id be shocked if he didnt miss more time after he’s traded too. I think this is a perfect case of a conditional pick being traded

• Like 1

14 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

The NFL league offices came up with the idea to honor Dayton's historical place in the early days of the league.

And as much as players didn't like the field, it had literally nothing to do with the ankle injury- Dre Kirkpatrick came down on AJs ankle after a contested ball.  The field had nothing to do with it.

Well then I have no choice but to suggest we ban Dre Kirkpatrick from the league. It's the only way AJ can see justice!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Forge said:

What would even be the point?  To get a 5th round pick back?  There's almost literally no value in a 5th round pick.  Very few of them pan out.

Yeah he's in the last year of his deal, but they should have no qualms about franchising him for one year.  And i still think they can work out a deal before the season starts.  The injury shouldn't have a bearing on that.