What Happened To Him?

AkronsWitness

Is there anybody that you remember for being a good player that suddenly disappeared off the map or was more of a flash in a pan that never resurfaced anywhere? For these players I wanted to find honest answers as to what caused their downfall.

My first person is WR Stevie Johnson from the Bills. He was really good for 3 years and then just disappeared, what happened?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also Dannell Ellerbee. He was a beast for the Ravens and then was a piece of dook after that.

That's a good one, I remember him being the next great thing that everybody wanted a piece of him.

Another few I was thinking about was a pair of RBs. Toby Gerhart and Peyton Hillis

• Like 1

With all the Giants WR drama going on, I was thinking about what happened to (the other) Steve Smith. He was awesome for me in fantasy football that one year (102/1220/7 in 2009). But even though he was the "new" Steve Smith, the old Steve Smith ended up being relevant a lot longer.

Also, shouldn't Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz still be in the good part of their careers? What's happening to the Giants at that position?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Another one, S Jarius Byrd. He was one of the most sought after Safety's in FA 5-6 years ago and then just fell off the face of the Earth.

That was a weird offseason malcolm jenkins got replaced by Byrd and has been one of the best players on the eagles since. thanks saints.

Sammie Coates

First 5 week in the 2016 season, Coates had like over 450 yards with so many big play and after he had a hand injury and it was over from that moment on for him.

I do not even know if Coates has a job right now, he has been in Cleveland, Houston and maybe KC, but Coates has not stayed long with his teams and now he's looking for a job just to be in a 90 man roster....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Jonas Gray for the Patriots. Dude comes outta nowhere, rushes for 200+ yards 4 TDS in 1 game and literally disappears. Maybe there was more to it that I didn't hear but that one sticks out to me.

Late to a team meeting afterwards and we've ran over Indianapolis with other backs before.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

One that springs to mind for the Colts is Dallas Clark.

Had an absolute amazing career in Indy with Peyton. Then he left and sort of did nothing for a while before retiring. Awesome TE for a few seasons though.

Another one is Josh Cribbs. Once touted as one  of the top returners ever with Devin Hester. He just sort of disappeared.