Training camp!

theJ

15 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Neglecting our tackle depth was a huge mistake 

Losing Jonah Williams was probably the biggest injury of the season.  

Taking another one in the mid rounds would have helped a lot.  But i'm sure they'd say there wasn't value available.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Losing Jonah Williams was probably the biggest injury of the season.  

Taking another one in the mid rounds would have helped a lot.  But i'm sure they'd say there wasn't value available.

I don't think a mid round tackle would be much help for this season. I'd rather have Jordan,  who has the size and athleticism to potentially move to tackle and was probably a better prospect than anyone available at tackle when we got him.

Now drafting a tackle last year,  perhaps instead of Malik Jefferson, would be useful this year. Of course,  we didn't have room for them,  since CO and Fisher were here with Cordy and camp body Bobby Hart. So basically,  we are here because we whiffed on two tackles and didn't cut bait with either of them early enough and then didn't bring in any NFL caliber free agents to make up for it. 

Still time to add another tackle,  but it's slim pickings I think.  John Jerry is probably our next man up. I'm not sure there's a better option out there. We'll see. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I don't think a mid round tackle would be much help for this season. I'd rather have Jordan,  who has the size and athleticism to potentially move to tackle and was probably a better prospect than anyone available at tackle when we got him.

Now drafting a tackle last year,  perhaps instead of Malik Jefferson, would be useful this year. Of course,  we didn't have room for them,  since CO and Fisher were here with Cordy and camp body Bobby Hart. So basically,  we are here because we whiffed on two tackles and didn't cut bait with either of them early enough and then didn't bring in any NFL caliber free agents to make up for it. 

Still time to add another tackle,  but it's slim pickings I think.  John Jerry is probably our next man up. I'm not sure there's a better option out there. We'll see. 

Yeah you're right.

The only saving grace here is that the Bengals aren't the only team in this position.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Unfortunately there are tons of teams needing Oline help. 

It's both good and bad.  Bad because they won't be able to find help on the wire most likely.  Good in that they won't be the only team getting their QB flattened.

My only hope is that this play action offense works to the line's benefit enough to avoid any sort of injury to Dalton.