Training camp!

theJ

This is why I never want the preseason to be shortened to 2 games.  I'm 100% on board with starters barely playing in the preseason, but these games are needed to sort out the bottom of the roster and to get at least a little bit past the small sample size effect.  Dugas likely had the best 2 week stretch of his football life going against moderate at best competition.  He was exposed this week.  With a 2 week preseason Dugas likely makes the roster.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Very much hoping that this new staff/regime is aggressive going after players cut on other teams (or trading/pick swapping).  There are definitely OL and LB's that will be cut that are better than what we have currently on our roster...

Linebacker for sure.  I'm doubtful that there will be better tackles available,  unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Linebacker for sure.  I'm doubtful that there will be better tackles available,  unfortunately. 

I think a team like the Steelers or Eagles might have some bottom of the roster guys worth picking up over waivers or trading for (Eagles in the trade situation obviously).

There's always teams that try to cut a guy and stash them on PS for a year...

On 8/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Very much hoping that this new staff/regime is aggressive going after players cut on other teams (or trading/pick swapping).  There are definitely OL and LB's that will be cut that are better than what we have currently on our roster...

Me too, but I would feel more confident in the new regime looking outside of the Bengals black book if we didn't already bring in Andre Smith. Not a good look for a team trying to shake that stigma.