The WR battle of 2019

gopherwrestler

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Kind of wising we’d ditch the two TE stuff and just go 3 WRs. Johnson showed a lot. If there was a way to go 3 WRs with Irv Smith as the TE I’d do it. Rudolph is washed up, frankly he should have been cut this offseason.

I think that was a bad contract, but we are stuck with him. 

I miss David Morgan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Drew Petzing has been here for the ascent of Thielen and Diggs, and now Bisi Johnson is showing a lot of promise. I wonder if he's someone that might get poached sooner rather than later.

We'll have to see, he seems to be taking the Stefanski route of development, considering he's coached QBs, RBs and WRs in his time here.  I'm more concerned about Stefanski getting poached after the year, because Petzing isn't ready yet...and if Stefanski gets poached, he probably takes Klint Kubiak with him.  The likelihood is then that Dennison would become the OC, since he has experience doing it...which then would weaken the development of the O-Line (although Janocko would probably get promoted).    

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Drew Petzing has been here for the ascent of Thielen and Diggs, and now Bisi Johnson is showing a lot of promise. I wonder if he's someone that might get poached sooner rather than later.

Poached for what? Not many WR coaches get pegged for OC jobs. 

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

We'll have to see, he seems to be taking the Stefanski route of development, considering he's coached QBs, RBs and WRs in his time here.  I'm more concerned about Stefanski getting poached after the year, because Petzing isn't ready yet...and if Stefanski gets poached, he probably takes Klint Kubiak with him.  The likelihood is then that Dennison would become the OC, since he has experience doing it...which then would weaken the development of the O-Line (although Janocko would probably get promoted).    

Why wouldn’t Gary Kubiak stay as OC?

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

have you seen how bad Cincinnati's defense has become without him? they're pretty much 31st or last in every major category.

Agreed.  There's absolutely no way I'd keep Stefanski over Zimmer.  You can keep yourself in all games with a top-shelf defense, but with a bad defense, you can get exploited fairly easily.  The Chiefs will show that eventually, because you can only outscore your opponents so often with such a bad defense. 

I've said it often here at work, the Chiefs are this era's version of the '98 Vikings...a lack of defense will eventually show up, just as they did for Denny's VIkings.  However, it'll be even worse for the Chiefs, because Tyreek Hill isn't Randy Moss and Sammy Watkins isn't Cris Carter.  

Edited by swede700

31 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  There's absolutely no way I'd keep Stefanski over Zimmer.  You can keep yourself in all games with a top-shelf defense, but with a bad defense, you can get exploited fairly easily.  The Chiefs will show that eventually, because you can only outscore your opponents so often with such a bad defense. 

I've said it often here at work, the Chiefs are this era's version of the '98 Vikings...a lack of defense will eventually show up, just as they did for Denny's VIkings.  However, it'll be even worse for the Chiefs, because Tyreek Hill isn't Randy Moss and Sammy Watkins isn't Cris Carter.  

But Mahomes is >>>>>>>>> Cunningham