Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gopherwrestler

The WR battle of 2019

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Or you just didn’t read enough of the article. 

Hey now, HEY NOW!!

haha. I just like to tease😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, vike daddy said:

Crabtree signs with Cardinals.

Then the deal fell through. 

Apparently he wasn't happy with a 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal with 2 million more in incentives. So that would pretty much rule out the Vikings if he is looking for more money than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on when they played, I think we can make a solid guess that the WR depth after the first game is;

Diggs

Thielen

Beebe

Johnson/Treadwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it interesting, after all the talk/reports during OTAs and mini camp, that Jordan Taylor appears to be closer to the bottom of the depth chart. Only 6 snaps with the 3rd team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I do find it interesting, after all the talk/reports during OTAs and mini camp, that Jordan Taylor appears to be closer to the bottom of the depth chart. Only 6 snaps with the 3rd team.

Yeah that was surprising, and a little disappointing. Would’ve rather seen if Taylor could make the contested catch on the fade route, instead of Treadwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Well hopefully Johnson can work his way up to #4.

I hope he works his way up to #1 :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laquon Treadwell is the fifth receiver — at best — on the depth chart and on the verge of bringing an unceremonious end to his Vikings’ career. So it should come as no surprise to anyone, including Treadwell, that the Vikings are shopping him, according to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Vikings aren’t getting anything of significance for Treadwell, but they could recoup something along the lines of the fifth-round choice they gave up for Kaare Vedvik. They could find interest. Although Treadwell has only 56 receptions for 517 yards and a touchdown since the Vikings made him a first-round choice in 2016, Treadwell is due only $1.8 million in 2019.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/14/report-vikings-make-laquon-treadwell-available/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Laquon Treadwell is the fifth receiver — at best — on the depth chart and on the verge of bringing an unceremonious end to his Vikings’ career. So it should come as no surprise to anyone, including Treadwell, that the Vikings are shopping him, according to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Vikings aren’t getting anything of significance for Treadwell, but they could recoup something along the lines of the fifth-round choice they gave up for Kaare Vedvik. They could find interest. Although Treadwell has only 56 receptions for 517 yards and a touchdown since the Vikings made him a first-round choice in 2016, Treadwell is due only $1.8 million in 2019.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/14/report-vikings-make-laquon-treadwell-available/

If true you think he'd be gone already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see anyone trading a 2020 draft pick for Treadwell. Could see a 2021 late rounder being throw at the Vikes. Treadwell has little useful value and his upside, due to status as a first round pick, is overstated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start force feeding him the ball during preseason and see if you can get someone to bite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Start force feeding him the ball during preseason and see if you can get someone to bite. 

How does that help the current roster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×