The WR battle of 2019

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t envision anyone running with the 3rd team making the team as it is, so why not try to showcase someone you’d like to trade?

Well some might say it is better to work with Sloter then Mannion.

Anyway I would find it unlikely that teams want Treadwell but we did manage to trade Williamson way back though teams overrating speed likely factored in that one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Well some might say it is better to work with Sloter then Mannion.

Anyway I would find it unlikely that teams want Treadwell but we did manage to trade Williamson way back though teams overrating speed likely factored in that one.

Williamson at least had physical talent. He had great speed. Treadwell is a poor athlete, lacks explosiveness and speed, and his ability as a possession receiver never translated to the next level. Williamson had no issues creating separation, he just couldn't catch the ball. Treadwell can't separate and we've yet to see reliable hands. 

I guess I wouldn't waste my time trying to showcase him given how little return is likely. We're talking about a late round pick in maybe one or two drafts from now. Wouldn't go out of my way for that, but that's just me.

Nor do I think a team will really bite if he's catching passes from Sloter and beating 3rd and 4th team CBs.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Sure wish he could get out of his own way!  He has all the physical tools, with exception of great speed.  I still contend his "Hands of Stone" are a mental thing.

8 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

He has all the physical tools, with exception of great speed.

He really doesn’t. Treadwell doesn’t even have marginal speed, he’s not a jump ball receiver who can high point the ball, and he’s not overly aggressive. 

We’re long past the “get out of his own way” point. The guy just doesn’t have it mentally or physically. It was just a colossal miss. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

He really doesn’t. Treadwell doesn’t even have marginal speed, he’s not a jump ball receiver who can high point the ball, and he’s not overly aggressive. 

We’re long past the “get out of his own way” point. The guy just doesn’t have it mentally or physically. It was just a colossal miss. 

See before injury he had it. It’s still unfair to completely look at his combine numbers because even after over a year he still wasn’t fully healthy from his nasty college injury. No, he was never a low 4.4 guy but his speed, acceleration, and jump ball skills were much better

He was a complete different WR pre-injury, i just think the Vikings thought they could fix him, and took a shot.

I agree 100% that the Vikings believed that he would regain his pre-injured form the further he got away from the injury. But that never happened, and you just have to say that he doesn’t have the athleticism needed for the position. 

As odd as this may sound, I actually think Treadwell would be more productive if he were the team’s first read. He’s a solid route runner who does a good job at getting open on his initial cut/break. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the necessary speed or quickness, and that initial separation disappears quickly. So, by the time that the QB looks in his direction as the 3rd/4th read he’s covered. And it also limits his effective route tree to just slants, digs, and short out routes where the QB can get the ball to him quickly off of his break. Any amount of time with the ball in the air is going to give the defender time to close the gap, and turn intermediate to long throws into contested catch situations. Which, while touted as a strength coming out of Ole Miss, Treadwell has not shown the capability at the next level. 

Just now, swede700 said:

At this point, I'd say no.  He's probably a P.S. candidate.  

damn thats a shame. he couldve used another year in college. so its either practice squad, Canada or the job market. he didnt get his degree either so well see how that pans out. his attitude is always what held him back.