53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

Cadmus made a similar thread last year and I haven't seen it done this year. So, which 53 players do you predict to be in our roster at the beginning of this season?

Although I haven't followed the team that much this offseason here's my prediction:

Offense: 24

QB (2) Rodgers, Kizer

RB (3) Jones, Williams, Williams

Maybe Grant is entering the 53-man roster (if so, I guess it would be for his returning abilities), but I think we're keeping our 6th round pick.

FB (1) Vitale

TE (3) Graham, Sternberger, Tonyan

Cutting Lewis saves 1.5 million. I don't know if this make much sense after signing him to a 2M contract, but I would go for it. Maybe we keep 4 TE?

WR (6) Adams, Valdes-Scantling, Allison, St. Brown, Kumerow, Moore

I think the AR-Kumerow connection keeps Trevor out of the roster despite his ST abilities. Maybe we keep him if we think J'mon and his hands are a lost cause.

OL (9) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Turner, Linsley, Taylor, Jenkins, Spriggs, Madison, Light

First 7 are pretty clear to me, and I think Madison and Light beat McCray/Pankey/Nijman.

Defense 26:

DL (5) Clark, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster, Looney

LB (9) Smith, Smith, Martinez, Burks, Gary, Fackrell, Crawford, Gilbert, Donnerson

First 7 seem to be a lock.

CB (7) Alexander, King, Williams, Jackson, Brown, Hollman, Redmond

Ideally I'd love to see us sign anothe back-up CB and get rid of Redmond. I think the other 6 are clearly entering the roster.

S (5) Amos, Savage, Greene, Jones, Jamerson

We've freed up some money. Can't we get Tre Boston?

ST 3:

K (1) Crosby

P (1) Scott

LS (1) Bradley

Offense: 25

QB (2) Rodgers, Boyle

RB (4) Jones, Williams, Williams, Grant

FB (1) Vitale

TE (4) Graham, Sternberger, Tonyan, ?

This offense needs a 4th TE.  I just don't think he's on the roster yet.

WR (5) Adams, Valdes-Scantling, Allison, St. Brown, Kumerow

Davis is a tough cut.  Ultimately I think in a similar situation to last year, one of these guys gets put on the IR for a splinter.

OL (9) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Turner, Linsley, Taylor, Jenkins, Spriggs, Madison, Light

Taylor probably has a year left, but I think he's likely gone next year due to Madison or Jenkins taking his spot.

Defense 25:

DL (5) Clark, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster, Keke

LB (8) Smith, Smith, Martinez, Burks, Gary, Fackrell, Crawford, Gilbert

CB (7) Alexander, King, Williams, Jackson, Brown, Hollman, Redmond

S (5) Amos, Savage, Greene, Jones, Jamerson

ST 3:

K (1) Crosby

P (1) Scott

LS (1) Bradley

4 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Cadmus made a similar thread last year and I haven't seen it done this year. So, which 53 players do you predict to be in our roster at the beginning of this season?

Although I haven't followed the team that much this offseason here's my prediction:

Offense: 24

QB (2) Rodgers, Kizer

RB (3) Jones, Williams, Williams

Maybe Grant is entering the 53-man roster (if so, I guess it would be for his returning abilities), but I think we're keeping our 6th round pick.

FB (1) Vitale

TE (3) Graham, Sternberger, Tonyan

Cutting Lewis saves 1.5 million. I don't know if this make much sense after signing him to a 2M contract, but I would go for it. Maybe we keep 4 TE?

WR (6) Adams, Valdes-Scantling, Allison, St. Brown, Kumerow, Moore

I think the AR-Kumerow connection keeps Trevor out of the roster despite his ST abilities. Maybe we keep him if we think J'mon and his hands are a lost cause.

OL (9) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Turner, Linsley, Taylor, Jenkins, Spriggs, Madison, Light

First 7 are pretty clear to me, and I think Madison and Light beat McCray/Pankey/Nijman.

Defense 26:

DL (5) Clark, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster, Looney

LB (9) Smith, Smith, Martinez, Burks, Gary, Fackrell, Crawford, Gilbert, Donnerson

First 7 seem to be a lock.

CB (7) Alexander, King, Williams, Jackson, Brown, Hollman, Redmond

Ideally I'd love to see us sign anothe back-up CB and get rid of Redmond. I think the other 6 are clearly entering the roster.

S (5) Amos, Savage, Greene, Jones, Jamerson

We've freed up some money. Can't we get Tre Boston?

ST 3:

K (1) Crosby

P (1) Scott

LS (1) Bradley

Looney over Keke?

• Like 1

(2) Rodgers Kizer

(3) Jones Williams Williams

(1) Vitale

(4) Graham Lewis Tonyan Sternberger

(6) Adams MVS Allison EQ Davis Kumerow

(9) Bakh Bulaga Light Taylor Turner Jenkins Madison McCray Lindsley

(6) Clark Lowry Adams Lancaster Brown keke

(4) Gary Smith Smith Fackrell

(4) Martinez Burks Crawford Bolton

(6) Alexander King Williams Hollman Jackson Brown

(4) Amos Savage Greene Jones

(3) Crosby Scott Bradley 

EDIT 8/1/2019 

Im cutting Kumerow after watching him in practice for two days and adding Mercedes Lewis. 

EDIT 8/2/2019

Cutting Moore, re-adding Kumerow after family night

EDIT 8/6/2019

Took off Spriggs and Mercedes. Added Tra Carson and McCray

EDIT 8/7/2019

Took off Carson added Lewis

Edited by boratt
  • Like 1

Much more likely to have 4 RBs + Vitale, 4 TEs and 5 WRs than 6+ WRs. This is just how the Shannahan scheme operates, Kumerow/Moore are on the outside looking in IMO. Davis is killing camp and is on most #1 Special Teams' units, barring injury I have a hard time not seeing him on this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

Much more likely to have 4 RBs + Vitale, 4 TEs and 5 WRs than 6+ WRs. This is just how the Shannahan scheme operates, Kumerow/Moore are on the outside looking in IMO. Davis is killing camp and is on most #1 Special Teams' units, barring injury I have a hard time not seeing him on this team. 

I'll be honest, I don't think the competition is Kumerow vs Moore. If Jake doesn't beat out EQ for the #4 spot, I don't think he makes this team. I'm not sure his ceiling is much higher than who he is right now, and for your 5/6 WR, that is NOT ideal.

EDIT:

EQ and Moore both have higher potential, so if it comes down to Kumerow vs Moore, I don't think Moore needs to actually beat Kumerow for the spot.

Edited by HyponGrey

9 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

I'll be honest, I don't think the competition is Kumerow vs Moore. If Jake doesn't beat out EQ for the #4 spot, I don't think he makes this team. I'm not sure his ceiling is much higher than who he is right now, and for your 5/6 WR, that is NOT ideal.

EDIT:

EQ and Moore both have higher potential, so if it comes down to Kumerow vs Moore, I don't think Moore needs to actually beat Kumerow for the spot.

You can pretty much pencil in Davante Adams, MVS, and ESB as roster locks for the WR spot.  Adams is obvious, but between the draft capital used on ESB and MVS and what they showed as rookies, they'd need to be absolute flops in preseason to be on the outside looking in.  You can probably push Geronimo Allison into that group as well.  So you're essentially down to 2 spots between Trevor Davis, Jake Kumerow, J'Mon Moore, and the slew of UDFAs.  Trevor Davis probably has the leg up because of his ST value, and Moore vs. Kumerow would likely need to see Kumerow come out and do really well to get a nod over Moore.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You can pretty much pencil in Davante Adams, MVS, and ESB as roster locks for the WR spot.  Adams is obvious, but between the draft capital used on ESB and MVS and what they showed as rookies, they'd need to be absolute flops in preseason to be on the outside looking in.  You can probably push Geronimo Allison into that group as well.  So you're essentially down to 2 spots between Trevor Davis, Jake Kumerow, J'Mon Moore, and the slew of UDFAs.  Trevor Davis probably has the leg up because of his ST value, and Moore vs. Kumerow would likely need to see Kumerow come out and do really well to get a nod over Moore.

Yep. Figured all that was assumed. Jake has to beat EQ for the 4th WR spot, and push EQ to the 5th WR in order to push J'Mon off of this roster.

Edited by HyponGrey