53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

3 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Yep. Figured all that was assumed. Jake has to beat EQ for the 4th WR spot in order to push J'Mon off this roster.

Honestly, I think Kumerow is fighting with Geronimo Allison for that roster spot.  Unless J'Mon Moore's hands are an issue again, I think he's a near roster lock as well.

• Like 1

Just now, HyponGrey said:

Interesting.

Generally speaking, when you're looking at the bottom of the depth chart you're looking for developmental types (i.e. J'Mon Moore) or ST value (Trevor Davis).  If Davis continues to perform well, I think he's going to be hard pressed to push off the roster because of his ST value.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Generally speaking, when you're looking at the bottom of the depth chart you're looking for developmental types (i.e. J'Mon Moore) or ST value (Trevor Davis).  If Davis continues to perform well, I think he's going to be hard pressed to push off the roster because of his ST value.

I agree, Davis brings too much value to cut unless one of the new RBs completely outshine him on ST. Even then...

I'm not sure I give Kumerow a puncher's chance against Gmo, but I would only be marginally surprised if that upset happened. It makes a sense the more I think about it. I also just assume until further notice that the hands are still an issue for Moore.

People talking about a guy like Kumerow taking Gmo's roster spot and here I was thinking he was a lock... he had a great start to the year in 2018 before he got hurt. I don't see him going anywhere. 

1. Adams

2. Gmo

3. MVS

4. EQ

5. Moore

6/ST. Probably T. Davis, unless a guy like Jawill Davis or Corey Grant show they can take over the return duties. 

I saw something on Jerry Rice years and years ago... probably 15+ years ago where his rookie year he really struggled catching the ball. And obviously he never struggled with that for the rest of his 20 year career. Let’s hope Moore can get better. But Moore might not have natural football awareness. In that case, would be good to just move on now.

2 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

People talking about a guy like Kumerow taking Gmo's roster spot and here I was thinking he was a lock... he had a great start to the year in 2018 before he got hurt. I don't see him going anywhere. 

1. Adams

2. Gmo

3. MVS

4. EQ

5. Moore

6/ST. Probably T. Davis, unless a guy like Jawill Davis or Corey Grant show they can take over the return duties. 

Davis does well on kick coverage too.

Edited by HyponGrey

7 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

I agree, Davis brings too much value to cut unless one of the new RBs completely outshine him on ST. Even then...

I'm not sure I give Kumerow a puncher's chance against Gmo, but I would only be marginally surprised if that upset happened. It makes a sense the more I think about it. I also just assume until further notice that the hands are still an issue for Moore.

GMo slaughters Kumerow on any kind of evaluation

Man I hope these young receivers do pan out.  Upside is wonderful  if it works out ... being a teaser with "potential" down the road has ended countless wr coaching careers.  The offense needs a couple of them to step up this year.     

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I think Kumerow is fighting with Geronimo Allison for that roster spot.  Unless J'Mon Moore's hands are an issue again, I think he's a near roster lock as well.

While I don't disagree with you, aren't the Packers sort of slotting Allison as WR2 with Adams? 

Edited by Golfman

If Moore isn't a 4th round pick, are we even talking about him?  I'll gladly give him this training camp to show what he's got, but this offense, requiring a 4th TE and likely 5 backs including Vitale just doesn't have room to carry a 6th or 7th developmental WR.

Maybe he sticks on the PS this year.  I'd be happy to give that a shot.  If not, the 2020 draft folks are already talking about how good the WR class will be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Agree with this. Dont agree with other comments indicating Kumerow is pushing Allison off the roster. Could very well happen - but - Kumerow better produce like a M'fer before they cut Allison off the squad - who can and has produced at this level.

I've got nothing against anybody - but I find the amount of "Kumerow love" unsupported by actual production - for a guy thats been around for awhile. He's not some 2nd year draft pick. I get it that AR says loving things about him. Fine....but couldnt care less. The guy's yet to put it together on the field.

I want nothing but the most talent rich roster we can put together - but so far, I'm unswayed by the "continual promise" of Kumerow versus actual production.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

GMo slaughters Kumerow on any kind of evaluation

I'd take Geronimo if I had to choose between the two, but I find this a bit rich.  

Both are smart players.  Both run good routes and are dependable.  

Neither have elite athleticism.

Both have good hands - but my guess is that Geronimo comes down with more contested balls.  I'd definitely give him the edge there.  But it isn't like Kumerow has shown suspect hands.  

I just don't see Geronimo blowing Kumerow out of the water in terms of what both offer.  Geronimo certainly has more NFL production,  but that has everything to do with opportunities.  Whenever Kumerow has  been given an opportunity with 12 last year, he produced.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, Kumerow definitely has the lowest ceiling of the group that aren't locks. He will be cut and picked up by the Pats.

26 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I'd take Geronimo if I had to choose between the two, but I find this a bit rich.  

Both are smart players.  Both run good routes and are dependable.  

Neither have elite athleticism.

Both have good hands - but my guess is that Geronimo comes down with more contested balls.  I'd definitely give him the edge there.  But it isn't like Kumerow has shown suspect hands.  

I just don't see Geronimo blowing Kumerow out of the water in terms of what both offer.  Geronimo certainly has more NFL production,  but that has everything to do with opportunities.  Whenever Kumerow has  been given an opportunity with 12 last year, he produced.

Kumerow isn't near the route runner that Allison is. Not because he lacks the technical savvy, just because he's not as strong at the top and he's not as fast cutting out of his breaks. He's just not the same caliber guy. He's a plus practice squad dude.