Jump to content
VonKarman

53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hmmmmm...okay. Got that....but there was actually a place and need for Morrison.

We're not keeping more than one FB and from what everybody's been saying Vitale's been lighting it up.
So - is this guy a short term body till Vitale gets well (?) or he have a legit shot?

I think he's to make sure the offense can still operate effectively while Vitale/Jenkins are out. If their injuries last in to the regular season, or happen during the regular season, we've got Bohanon to rely as a steady vet who knows the offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I can't believe I'm catastrophizing about a fullback in mid-August after one missed practice, but the lack of updates on Vitale's calf injury combined with the signing of Bohanon has me worried.

could be ST related.

Bohanon is more likely to replace a blocking TE than a multi-tool like vitale.  For me, either you want a guy like Vitale or you don't.  And Either you want a blocking FB like Bohanon in your offense, or you don't.

motioning the FB in/out has been a big part of the shanahan offense from a pre-snap read perspective.  SO i do expect there to be one player at the position, but the question would be how you want to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leader said:

Dont know anything about him.
Dont know the injury status of Vitale.
Is Bohannon anything more than a camp body?

In a way he is a camp body— but it’s easier to see what we have in Vitale if we watch an NFL vet FB with good receiving chops and a rep for excellent blocking both in the run game and pass pro. He’s kind of a touchdown machine also, with 3 TDs over, what? Six years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Burks makes 53 and is immediately IR with the return designation, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

So Burks makes 53 and is immediately IR with the return designation, right?

No need to name the designation beforehand since a couple of seasons ago, it's just IR. I guess they'll wait till the last second to decide that, I don't know if there is any timetable for his return. If it's less severe than initially thought (I've read speculations of game 4-5 return though they might just be BS) they might not even IR him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

QB: Rodgers/Kizer

RB: Jones/Williams/Williams

WR: Adams/MVS/Allison/EQ/Sheppard/Davis

TE: Graham/Lewis/Tonyan/Sternberger/Vitale

OT: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Light

OG: Turner/Taylor/Jenkins

OC: Linsley/Patrick

+++

DL: Clark/Adams/Lowry/Lancaster/Keke/Brown

Edge: Z. Smith/P. Smith/Gary/Fackrell/Gilbert

ILB: Martinez/Bolton/Summers/Crawford

CB: Alexander/King/Jackson/Tramon/Brown/Hollman

S: Amos/Savage/Redmond/Jones/Campbell

+++

K: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Bradley

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

CB: Alexander/King/Jackson/Tramon/Hollman

There's an alarming lack of Crazy Tony in there.

Also, isn't 5 ILBs a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

There's an alarming lack of Crazy Tony in there.

Also, isn't 5 ILBs a lot?

Fixed. 

This ILB class is where I would be heavily pulling my core ST from this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fixed. 

This ILB class is where I would be heavily pulling my core ST from this year. 

I see you sacrificed Burks, would you be cutting him in this scenario or IRing him for the season?

Maybe we could cut Sheppard to PS him and sneak Burks on the 53, IR Burks and then sign Sheppard again to the active roster.

What are your thoughts on Josh Jones? Think we'll just roster and play him and this summer is just much ado about nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I see you sacrificed Burks, would you be cutting him in this scenario or IRing him for the season?

Maybe we could cut Sheppard to PS him and sneak Burks on the 53, IR Burks and then sign Sheppard again to the active roster.

What are your thoughts on Josh Jones? Think we'll just roster and play him and this summer is just much ado about nothing?

I'd just IR Burks, go into the season that first day with 52 and tell whichever is my 53rd guy to cool his jets and to expect a call in 36 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

QB: Rodgers/Kizer

RB: Jones/Williams/Williams

WR: Adams/MVS/Allison/EQ/Sheppard/Davis

TE: Graham/Lewis/Tonyan/Sternberger/Vitale

OT: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Light

OG: Turner/Taylor/Jenkins

OC: Linsley/Patrick

+++

DL: Clark/Adams/Lowry/Lancaster/Keke/Brown

Edge: Z. Smith/P. Smith/Gary/Fackrell/Gilbert

ILB: Martinez/Bolton/Summers/Crawford

CB: Alexander/King/Jackson/Tramon/Brown/Hollman

S: Amos/Savage/Redmond/Jones/Campbell

+++

K: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Bradley

Still no Kumerow? Ha, cmon man, let it go and embrace 16.  It's happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still no Kumerow? Ha, cmon man, let it go and embrace 16.  It's happening. 

I'm banking on Hackett only getting 4 picks at WR and the other 2 being ST picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm banking on Hackett only getting 4 picks at WR and the other 2 being ST picks

I think you just drank your haterade a little early this morning. ;)

At this point, I'm going Adams-Allison-MVS-Kumerow-ESB-Shepherd.

ESB is the guy you keep based on performance last season although not sure what is going on there. He's fallen down the DC a bit, and based on PT, is behind those first 4 WRs. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any first team reps with Rodgers next week. He's been invisible in the preseason so far, but it's hard to tell much when Kizer/Boyle are playing QB. 

Moore isn't in the conversation, he's fighting for a PS spot right now. If they go 7, it's between Davis and Lazard and I probably lean Davis despite his fragility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think you just drank your haterade a little early this morning. ;)

At this point, I'm going Adams-Allison-MVS-Kumerow-ESB-Shepherd.

ESB is the guy you keep based on performance last season although not sure what is going on there. He's fallen down the DC a bit, and based on PT, is behind those first 4 WRs. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any first team reps with Rodgers next week. He's been invisible in the preseason so far, but it's hard to tell much when Kizer/Boyle are playing QB. 

Moore isn't in the conversation, he's fighting for a PS spot right now. If they go 7, it's between Davis and Lazard and I probably lean Davis despite his fragility. 

I think counting Moore out is premature. It's hard for GMs to admit their mistakes and I'm not even sure Moore is one. 

Adams, MVS, Allison, EQ are safe.

Then you've got the discussions of:

1. Are you keeping 1, 2, or 3 guys.

2. Of the five candidates, who's your best bet:

A. Kumerow has shown the most on offense, but has a very low ceiling. Isn't entirely worthless on specials but is far from an ace. Also 39 years old and is maxed out.

B. Lazard has shown the second most on offense, and has a little higher of a ceiling than Kumerow but is pretty much a stranger to specials.

C. Moore has the highest ceiling as an offensive player on this list by miles, but hasn't done a ton to show it's developing. Is probably on par with Kumerow on specials.

D. Sheppard has been the best specials guy that's played and has shown a little bit on offense. Ceiling isn't high but there's value to that player.

E. Davis is the best specials guy on the list when healthy but has shown a relative inability to stay healthy. Might have the second highest ceiling of the offensive guys if he could ever keep it together for any length of time.

If I were ranking them I go:

Davis

Moore

Sheppard

Kumerow

Lazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

B. Lazard has shown the second most on offense, and has a little higher of a ceiling than Kumerow but is pretty much a stranger to specials.

Lazard led all wideouts in ST snaps (9) the first game, and I think I saw him out there on the opening kickoff last night. He's definitely helping himself there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×