53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

In my best best Kevin Greene voice: It is time for my full, 63-man roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers | Deshone Kizer (2)
RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Dexter Williams (3)

FB: Danny Vitale (1)
WR: Davante Adams | Geronimo Allison | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | Trevor Davis | J'Mon Moore |  (6)
TE: Jimmy Graham | Robert Tonyan Jr. | Jace Sternberger | Mercedes Lewis (4) 
OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Corey Linsley | Billy Turner | Elgton Jenkins | Alex Light  | Justin McCray | Lucas Patrick | Adam Pankey |  (9) 

DL: Kenny Clark | Dean Lowry | Montravius Adams | Tyler Lancaster | Kingsley Keke | James Looney (6)
EDGE: Za'Darius Smith  | Preston Smith | Rashan Gary  | Kyler Fackrell | Reggie Gilbert (5) 
ILB: Blake Martinez | Oren Burks | James Crawford | Curtis Bolton (4)
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Tramon Williams | Josh Jackson | Ka'Dar Hollman | Tony Brown (6)
S: Adrian Amos | Darnell Savage Jr. | Raven Greene | Josh Jones  (4)

PS:

1.      Tim Boyle  QB

2.     Malcomb Johnson  FB

3.      Allen Lazard  WR

4.      Darius Sheppard  WR

5.      Evan Baylis  TE

6.      Cole Madison  OL

7.      Yosh Nijman  OL

8.      Ty Summers  ILB

9.      Brady Sheldon/Greg Roberts  OLB

10.   Chandon Sullivan  CB

Notes:

The backup QB may not be settled. I’d have no issue if the Packers traded for a vet.

Kumerow probably makes the team over Moore, Lewis or Pankey. He wouldn’t make my 53 with Allison already on the roster.

I like Jenkins and McCray over Taylor. Jenkins just physically dwarfs Taylor. McCray is ahead of Taylor when he broke out and took over from Sitton.

Liking Keke and Looney.

The OLBs were very easy to pick. At ILB, love how Bolton earned a roster spot, and I think summers will make it to the PS.

The DBs were pretty easy to pick, too. Jones spot is tenuous, though. A number of the DBs could take his spot.

13 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Lazard led all wideouts in ST snaps (9) the first game, and I think I saw him out there on the opening kickoff last night. He's definitely helping himself there.

Which units though is the question, kick and punt teams are the snaps that matter. I'm like 90 percent sure he wasn't on punts.

I know it's popular here to hate on Kumerow but he will make this team.  At least initially.  Either Davis to IR or Moore moved in one way or another.

Looney won't.  At least not initially.

Taylor would be a surprise cut.  He is an NFL quality young O-lineman.  He could be traded.  Otherwise, he makes this team.

Edited by 15412

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

In my best best Kevin Greene voice: It is time for my full, 63-man roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers | Deshone Kizer (2)
RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Dexter Williams (3)

FB: Danny Vitale (1)
WR: Davante Adams | Geronimo Allison | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | Trevor Davis | J'Mon Moore |  (6)
TE: Jimmy Graham | Robert Tonyan Jr. | Jace Sternberger | Mercedes Lewis (4) 
OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Corey Linsley | Billy Turner | Elgton Jenkins | Alex Light  | Justin McCray | Lucas Patrick | Adam Pankey |  (9) 

DL: Kenny Clark | Dean Lowry | Montravius Adams | Tyler Lancaster | Kingsley Keke | James Looney (6)
EDGE: Za'Darius Smith  | Preston Smith | Rashan Gary  | Kyler Fackrell | Reggie Gilbert (5) 
ILB: Blake Martinez | Oren Burks | James Crawford | Curtis Bolton (4)
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Tramon Williams | Josh Jackson | Ka'Dar Hollman | Tony Brown (6)
S: Adrian Amos | Darnell Savage Jr. | Raven Greene | Josh Jones  (4)

PS:

1.      Tim Boyle  QB

2.     Malcomb Johnson  FB

3.      Allen Lazard  WR

4.      Darius Sheppard  WR

5.      Evan Baylis  TE

6.      Cole Madison  OL

7.      Yosh Nijman  OL

8.      Ty Summers  ILB

9.      Brady Sheldon/Greg Roberts  OLB

10.   Chandon Sullivan  CB

Notes:

The backup QB may not be settled. I’d have no issue if the Packers traded for a vet.

Kumerow probably makes the team over Moore, Lewis or Pankey. He wouldn’t make my 53 with Allison already on the roster.

I like Jenkins and McCray over Taylor. Jenkins just physically dwarfs Taylor. McCray is ahead of Taylor when he broke out and took over from Sitton.

Liking Keke and Looney.

The OLBs were very easy to pick. At ILB, love how Bolton earned a roster spot, and I think summers will make it to the PS.

The DBs were pretty easy to pick, too. Jones spot is tenuous, though. A number of the DBs could take his spot.

The ones in bold are questionable for me. Isn't Burks going to IR with the pec tear? I was out all week and missed this good news about his pec.

Pankey, I don't see making it. Looney, only because I'm not sure we keep 6. 

Trevor Davis, I'm just not a fan, but he probably sticks. 

I'd be fine with Lewis and Tramon not making it as opposed to Lane Taylor. 

Edited by Golfman

26 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I know it's popular here to hate on Kumerow but he will make this team.  At least initially.  Either Davis to IR or Moore moved in one way or another.

Looney won't.  At least not initially.

Taylor would be a surprise cut.  He is an NFL quality young O-lineman.  He could be traded.  Otherwise, he makes this team.

Pretty sure there will be a trade or two from Gute .. likely suspects are Lane Taylor, Josh Jones, and maybe Trevor Davis.

Not sure of the shuffle so this is off the cuff. When Bulaga misses time (notice I didn't say if) and assuming Turner would kick out, wouldn't it be nice to have Taylor still around ? I think he makes it regardless but just wondering about the thought process

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Not sure of the shuffle so this is off the cuff. When Bulaga misses time (notice I didn't say if) and assuming Turner would kick out, wouldn't it be nice to have Taylor still around ? I think he makes it regardless but just wondering about the thought process

I agree with this but if McCray is ahead of him on the depth chart they may feel he can be let go. I'd hate to see him go, but if he does, I'd like to get a pick out of him. He'll start somewhere and his contract is not that bad for a starter. 

McCray has played all positions on the line to some level of competence.  That is a good tool to have in case of emergency.  I think he offers more to the team in a back-up capacity than Taylor would.  However, I think that Taylor is the best option for starting guard at this point.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

McCray has played all positions on the line to some level of competence.  That is a good tool to have in case of emergency.  I think he offers more to the team in a back-up capacity than Taylor would.  However, I think that Taylor is the best option for starting guard at this point.

sounds about right
Seems like McCray and Lucas Patrick are the same player. versatile IOL but not quite good enough to be a starter.
Lucas Patrick has gotten more play at Center than McCray and might beat him out if they only keep 1 of them

I feel like the anti-Kumerow people are just annoyed at the overly optimistic Kumerow fans.

What more does the guy need to do? He’s beating guys like Jaire in practice , Tony Brown ( who people are loving), Bradley Roby and Marlon Humphrey. 

Seriously ? Age, athleticism, pedigree aside , the guy is playing good football vs some quality completion . He will be on the roster. I’m not a fan boy of his, I couldn’t care less of Wisconsin Whitewater or wherever he came from but Ik what I see, I know what I hear and can put 2 and 2 together . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

The ones in bold are questionable for me. Isn't Burks going to IR with the pec tear? I was out all week and missed this good news about his pec.

Pankey, I don't see making it. Looney, only because I'm not sure we keep 6. 

Trevor Davis, I'm just not a fan, but he probably sticks. 

I'd be fine with Lewis and Tramon not making it as opposed to Lane Taylor. 

Yep, that's good news about Burks.

Pankey is a plus size/speed prospect at OT who's gotten better each camp; I value that a lot.

I agree on Looney. He'd be my 6th over Brown... If the Packers do keep 6-DL, Simon is a dark horse candidate. He's a mountain of a man and seems to move well and be around the action a lot.

Good pint on Tramon, I'd be fine keeping a kid over him. But, he's really tight with Pettine and there are a lot of kids in the DB room already.

42 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I feel like the anti-Kumerow people are just annoyed at the overly optimistic Kumerow fans.

What more does the guy need to do? He’s beating guys like Jaire in practice , Tony Brown ( who people are loving), Bradley Roby and Marlon Humphrey. 

Seriously ? Age, athleticism, pedigree aside , the guy is playing good football vs some quality completion . He will be on the roster. I’m not a fan boy of his, I couldn’t care less of Wisconsin Whitewater or wherever he came from but Ik what I see, I know what I hear and can put 2 and 2 together . 

There's a lot of follow the leader in terms of the Kumerow hate.  There are some who so desperately want to be right about Kumerow, and he certainly is on a long list of players who are not safe on this roster.  I see him as certainly in the top 6 at WR, my top 4.  I believe he is one of the 53 best players on the team.  Teams always need to think about development and potential, but they also need to win now.  Kumerow is getting it done right now.  It has nothing to do with the color of his skin or what level of college ball he played, contrary to the belief of some.  Both Shepherd and Lazard get cut before he does, it's more possible by the day that Moore gets moved, and Davis could end up IR'd.  The team will find a spot for Kumerow.