53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

I know it's popular here to hate on Kumerow but he will make this team. 

What?

The dude is preseason rock star/cult hero in Wisconsin.

Myself, I hope he's bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly in September, but I luv the guy.

Here, meaning this site.  The guy has no upside, runs like a cripple, should be bagging groceries, is the least gifted WR prospect in camp.   We've heard that and more, right here.  Rodgers for one sees a little more to him than that.  I see him making a difference every time he's on the field. 

Edited by 15412

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I feel like the anti-Kumerow people are just annoyed at the overly optimistic Kumerow fans.

What more does the guy need to do? He’s beating guys like Jaire in practice , Tony Brown ( who people are loving), Bradley Roby and Marlon Humphrey. 

Seriously ? Age, athleticism, pedigree aside , the guy is playing good football vs some quality completion . He will be on the roster. I’m not a fan boy of his, I couldn’t care less of Wisconsin Whitewater or wherever he came from but Ik what I see, I know what I hear and can put 2 and 2 together . 

It's not even anti-Kumerow.  He's not a key ST player and he doesn't offer a ton of upside.  And we're talking about at best the 4th WR on any given day.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Not sure of the shuffle so this is off the cuff. When Bulaga misses time (notice I didn't say if) and assuming Turner would kick out, wouldn't it be nice to have Taylor still around ? I think he makes it regardless but just wondering about the thought process

I think that's the biggest reason why Lane Taylor is kept.  You don't release viable OL.  Lane Taylor is your starting LG to start the year, but Elgton Jenkins will eventually take over if he isn't having to be the RG.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think that's the biggest reason why Lane Taylor is kept.  You don't release viable OL.  Lane Taylor is your starting LG to start the year, but Elgton Jenkins will eventually take over if he isn't having to be the RG.

Agree with this take. I see no reason to move on from Taylor at this point....when we FINALLY might have some depth along the OL. Injuries happen - as well we know - and the OL is the first line of defense against AR being among that party.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Isn't having Sheppard and Davis on the same roster redundant?  Both of them are getting a value bump because of their return value.

No reason why we can't keep both. Every team needs two viable returners on the roster anyway in case of injury.

Shepherd can do punt and slot work. Davis can do kicks, gunner work and situational deep threat work. I think they can co-exist as on paper they both essentially play different positions.

Edited by Chili

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

No reason why we can't keep both. Every team needs two viable returners on the roster anyway in case of injury.

Shepherd can do punt and slot work. Davis can do kicks, gunner work and situational deep threat work. I think they can co-exist as on paper they both essentially play different positions.

And that's fine, but which WR are you releasing in favor of him, Jake Kumerow or ESB?

I really can't understand why some of you are trying to get rid of Taylor. Even if Jenkins gives us a solid rookie year as an starter (which is far from a given), that would make Light or McCray or Patrick our first lineman off the bench. I don't think we can get anything worth that risk in a trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And that's fine, but which WR are you releasing in favor of him, Jake Kumerow or ESB?

I don't know...I haven't decided yet. Anime has very good upside so don't wanna give up on him. It will be the battle between the average WRs...Geronimo vs Kumerow

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't know...I haven't decided yet. Anime has very good upside so don't wanna give up on him. It will be the battle between the average WRs...Geronimo vs Kumerow

Maybe we replace AVERAGE with RELIABLE! I get the hate regarding athletic ability, but all they do is make plays. Believe me, I was the biggest Allison hater there was because of how slow he timed, but he doesn't play that slow. 

Edited by Golfman

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's not even anti-Kumerow.  He's not a key ST player and he doesn't offer a ton of upside.  And we're talking about at best the 4th WR on any given day.

Idk if that’s true. If you were to tell me he’d be better than Allison or MVS this year it wouldn’t shock me . Him and Allison are in the same ball park I know that .