53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's as much about trying to see how they work with certain players.  I wouldn't make any definitive opinions about a player.

Yea I'm just not seeing that at all. I'm seeing Kumerow playing a lot with the top 3 guys. I'm not seeing ESB get those snaps. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

True battle there. Reason I asked what we might snag for Taylor. I think the Packers would love Jenkins to win that job from the start.

I mean, Lane Taylor at $5.5M is an expensive backup but it really limits the Packers if they move on from him.  I mean, at this point do you feel comfortable with someone like Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick taking starting snaps?  I'm pretty sure Lane Taylor is their starting LG to start the year.  Inevitably, Elgton Jenkins will end up in the staring lineup whether it be at LG to replace Lane Taylor or RG if Bryan Bulaga gets injured.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, Lane Taylor at $5.5M is an expensive backup but it really limits the Packers if they move on from him.  I mean, at this point do you feel comfortable with someone like Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick taking starting snaps?  I'm pretty sure Lane Taylor is their starting LG to start the year.  Inevitably, Elgton Jenkins will end up in the staring lineup whether it be at LG to replace Lane Taylor or RG if Bryan Bulaga gets injured.

I feel better about Patrick or McCray taking starting G snaps than I do Light taking starting OT snaps...

Just now, packfanfb said:

I feel better about Patrick or McCray taking starting G snaps than I do Light taking starting OT snaps...

I think both Patrick and McCray are fighting for the same spot IF the Packers feel like Cole Madison won't make it through waivers.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, CWood21 said:

QB - Rodgers/Kizer/Boyle [3/3]
RB - Jones/JWilliams/DWilliams [3/6]
WR - Adams/MVS/Allison/ESB/Kumerow/Davis [6/12]
TE/FB - Graham/Lewis/Tonyan/Sternberger/Vitale [5/17]
OL - Baktiari/Taylor/Linsley/Turner/Bulaga/Light/Jenkins/Patrick/Madison [9/26]

DL - Lowry/Adams/Clark/Keke/Lancaster [5/31]
OLB - Gary/ZSmith/PSmith/Fackrel/Gilbert [5/36]
ILB - Martinez/Burks/Crawford/Bolton [4/40]
CB - Alexander/King/Williams/Jackson/Brown/Hollman [6/46]
S - Savage/Amos/Greene/Jones [4/50]

ST - Crosby/Scott/Bradley [3/53]

Updated.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

True battle there. Reason I asked what we might snag for Taylor. I think the Packers would love Jenkins to win that job from the start.

I'd suggest the opposite is true. If Taylor beats out Jenkins for now (Jenkins is a rookie after all), then Jenkins is unlikely to throw his toys out of the pram. Then you have a top quality backup who, in various combinations with the starters, has every position but LT covered. I expect Jenkins to start before too long, but this scenario might play out more comfortably than if Jenkins beats out Taylor who then has to go from starter to backup. For this reason I believe the Packers are happier if Taylor wins the battle (for now).