53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except it is.  He's clearly behind Davante Adams, MVS, and Allison at this point.

He’s not at best WR 4. He may be there now in terms of the depth chart but by the end of the year he has an opportunity to be our second best WR.

Allison and Kumerow are incredibly close as it is. I’m not comparing him to MVS.

They’re not cutting the kid. I wish I could make a prop bet on it . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I feel better about Patrick or McCray taking starting G snaps than I do Light taking starting OT snaps...

I actually feel really good about Alex Light.  More so than any other backup T on the last... well, whenever Bulaga was a rookie.  

If you look at his drops, he looks like a Bulaga clone.  He gets to the right spot and he's done a really nice job of dropping his *** and getting his hands outside. 

He gave up a pressure at RT, but based off of how he played the rest of the game I blame that on switching sides rather than a lack of ability.  I was actually surprised to see someone get around him.  I think if anything it will be bull rushes that could cause some problems until he completely fills in.

23 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He’s not at best WR 4. He may be there now in terms of the depth chart but by the end of the year he has an opportunity to be our second best WR.

Allison and Kumerow are incredibly close as it is. I’m not comparing him to MVS.

They’re not cutting the kid. I wish I could make a prop bet on it . 

As could Geronimo, ESB, or MVS.  See, I can make the same kind of unsubstantiated claim.  Based on the reports out of camp and the snaps given in the first two preseason games, I think it's fairly safe to say that our top 3 WRs are Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Geronimo Allison.  Based purely on snap counts from last night, ESB and Kumerow had the exact same snaps and two more than J'Mon Moore.  Our "starting" WRs averaged 10 snaps between the three of them.  Of the guys realistically competing for the final few WR spots, they (Lazard, Kumerow, ESB, and Moore) averaged 20 snaps.  The fact that the Packers are giving snaps to Jake Kumerow and not Geronimo Allison leads me to believe they're either showcasing Kumerow for trade OR they want an extended look out of him.  You don't do either if he's a "starting" WR.  He's not close to Geronimo right now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

As could Geronimo, ESB, or MVS.  See, I can make the same kind of unsubstantiated claim.  Based on the reports out of camp and the snaps given in the first two preseason games, I think it's fairly safe to say that our top 3 WRs are Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Geronimo Allison.  Based purely on snap counts from last night, ESB and Kumerow had the exact same snaps and two more than J'Mon Moore.  Our "starting" WRs averaged 10 snaps between the three of them.  Of the guys realistically competing for the final few WR spots, they (Lazard, Kumerow, ESB, and Moore) averaged 20 snaps.  The fact that the Packers are giving snaps to Jake Kumerow and not Geronimo Allison leads me to believe they're either showcasing Kumerow for trade OR they want an extended look out of him.  You don't do either if he's a "starting" WR.  He's not close to Geronimo right now.

You’re the one who said at best he’s the 4th WR.  I guess we’ll see, but I can’t see him not on the team.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Bingo, we're only just after PS game 2. Snap counts of Kum over Allison means nothing, gotta feel like they know what they think Gmo is, but just see more out of Kumerow against CB1 types. And that's cool, and he's done alright. I don't think this is any sort of indictment on Allison because of that. That's not how PS works or what it is for.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bingo, we're only just after PS game 2. Snap counts of Kum over Allison means nothing, gotta feel like they know what they think Gmo is, but just see more out of Kumerow against CB1 types. And that's cool, and he's done alright. I don't think this is any sort of indictment on Allison because of that. That's not how PS works or what it is for.

I don't want too many of our front line guys playing in the preseason. Let the guys on the bubble fight it out with the other guys you know you are cutting. Maybe one impresses and you steal a late round pick. 

I'd actually be a little pissed if I saw Rodgers play in the preseason. The element of surprise could be worth 7-10 points in week 1. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I don't want too many of our front line guys playing in the preseason. Let the guys on the bubble fight it out with the other guys you know you are cutting. Maybe one impresses and you steal a late round pick. 

I'd actually be a little pissed if I saw Rodgers play in the preseason. The element of surprise could be worth 7-10 points in week 1. 

Mostly agree, I think Rodgers should get some reps but ****, you aren't doing anything other than letting him throw on some basic ****. PS has changed a lot in my life, it's not about getting ready anymore. It's just about those last 10 spots. Nobody wants to be the coach that was responsible for playing a guy who got hurt in a game that didn't matter.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Mostly agree, I think Rodgers should get some reps but ****, you aren't doing anything other than letting him throw on some basic ****. PS has changed a lot in my life, it's not about getting ready anymore. It's just about those last 10 spots. Nobody wants to be the coach that was responsible for playing a guy who got hurt in a game that didn't matter.

Exactly why you don't let Rodgers off the bench. He's been injured the past two years. We need him to play 19 games this year. Sean McVay didn't play his starters last year at all in preseason. I think another factor in that is the wear and tear on the body over 16 weeks. Especially those short weeks. It's more important to get rested and your body right IMO for your front line guys. 

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Exactly why you don't let Rodgers off the bench. He's been injured the past two years. We need him to play 19 games this year. Sean McVay didn't play his starters last year at all in preseason. I think another factor in that is the wear and tear on the body over 16 weeks. Especially those short weeks. It's more important to get rested and your body right IMO for your front line guys. 

Totally agree. You don't have to win 16. 

10 hours ago, Norm said:

That's because teams figured out you don't need 4 games to get ready for a season. Then it just happened that you don't get enough practice time to get ready, even if you played the extra games. When the season went to 16 games, injuries became inevitable for the majority of your players. That being the case, use the 4 games that don't matter to make sure you have the right guys coming in off those injuries. Preferably cheap, so you can pay better starters. Add in that the draft is only 7 rounds now...

On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, 15412 said:

Here, meaning this site.  The guy has no upside, runs like a cripple, should be bagging groceries, is the least gifted WR prospect in camp.   We've heard that and more, right here.  Rodgers for one sees a little more to him than that.  I see him making a difference every time he's on the field. 

Do you have a link to these hateful comments?

Did someone actually say he runs like a cripple? And if so, did they mean it or was it hyperbole?

I made a reference to hoping he's bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly rather than playing for the Packers. You didn't spin that to your remark about "should be bagging groceries", did you?

Myself, I've seen much more hero worship for Kumerow than hate. I've seen some analysis why he shouldn't make the Packers, but no hate.

All in all, I think Kumerow could be a decent, limited NFL WR. But, this is his 5th NFL camp. When it come time to evaluate him, it should be noted he's getting a big bump over guys in their 1st and 2nd camps, and with a similar type WR (Allison) already penned in the two-deep for the Packers, he'd be clogging up the WR room with limited athletes.

QB: Aaron Rodgers | Deshone Kizer (2)
RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Dexter Williams (3)
FB: Danny Vitale (1)
WR: Davante Adams | Geronimo Allison | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | Trevor Davis | J'Mon Moore |  Jake Kumerow (7)
TE: Jimmy Graham | Robert Tonyan Jr. | Jace Sternberger | Mercedes Lewis (4) 
OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Corey Linsley | Billy Turner | Elgton Jenkins | Alex Light  | Justin McCray | Lucas Patrick | Adam Pankey |  (9) 

DL: Kenny Clark | Dean Lowry | Montravius Adams | Tyler Lancaster | Kingsley Keke |  (5)
EDGE: Za'Darius Smith  | Preston Smith | Rashan Gary  | Kyler Fackrell | Reggie Gilbert (5) 
ILB: Blake Martinez | Oren Burks | James Crawford | Curtis Bolton (4)
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Tramon Williams | Josh Jackson | Ka'Dar Hollman | Tony Brown (6)
S: Adrian Amos | Darnell Savage Jr. | Raven Greene | Josh Jones  (4)

PS:

1.     Tim Boyle  QB
2.     Malcomb Johnson  FB
3.     Darius Sheppard  WR
4.     Evan Baylis  TE
5.     Cole Madison  OL
6.     Yosh Nijman  OL
7.     James Looney (DL)
8.     Ty Summers  ILB
9.     Brady Sheldon/Greg Roberts  OLB
10.   Chandon Sullivan  CB

Notes:

The backup QB may not be settled. I’d have no issue if the Packers traded for a vet.

Kumerow makes it for now. I loathe the idea of keeping 7 WRs, especially for someone as limited at Kumerow. But, it's just the opening day 53, and I really don't see the Packers keeping 7 WRs anyway.

I like Jenkins and McCray over Taylor. Jenkins just physically dwarfs Taylor. McCray is ahead of Taylor when he broke out and took over from Sitton.

Liking Keke and Looney.

The OLBs were very easy to pick. At ILB, love how Bolton earned a roster spot, and I think summers will make it to the PS.

The DBs were pretty easy to pick, too. Jones spot is tenuous, though. A number of the DBs could take his spot.

Andy Herman: Time to build my perfect 53 for GB. This isn’t what I predict, but what I would do:

QB: Rodgers | Kizer | Boyle
RB/FB: Jones | Williams | Williams | Vitale
WR: Adams | Allison | Kumerow | MVS | EQ | Davis | Shepherd
TE: Graham | Tonyan | Sternberger
OL: Bakhtiari | Jenkins | Linsley | Turner | Bulaga | Taylor | Light | Madison | Nijman
DL: Clark | Lowry | Adams | Keke | Lancaster | Looney
Edge: Smith | Smith | Gary | Fackrell
LB: Martinez | Burks | Bolton | Summers
CB: Jaire | King | Tramon | Brown | Jackson | Hollman
S: Amos | Savage | Greene | Jones
K: Crosby | P: Scott | LS: Bradley
PS: Ento | Sullivan | F. Brown | Coyle | Ramsey | Sheldon | D. Hall | J. Moore | Lazard | T. Matthews