53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

14 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: Time to build my perfect 53 for GB. This isn’t what I predict, but what I would do:

QB: Rodgers | Kizer | Boyle
RB/FB: Jones | Williams | Williams | Vitale
WR: Adams | Allison | Kumerow | MVS | EQ | Davis | Shepherd
TE: Graham | Tonyan | Sternberger
OL: Bakhtiari | Jenkins | Linsley | Turner | Bulaga | Taylor | Light | Madison | Nijman  McCray
DL: Clark | Lowry | Adams | Keke | Lancaster | Looney
Edge: Smith | Smith | Gary | Fackrell GIlbert
LB: Martinez | Burks | Bolton | Summers Crawford
CB: Jaire | King | Tramon | Brown | Jackson | Hollman
S: Amos | Savage | Greene | Jones Campbell
K: Crosby Ficken | P: Scott | LS: Bradley
PS: Ento | Sullivan | F. Brown | Coyle | Ramsey | Sheldon | D. Hall | J. Moore | Lazard | T. Matthews

A few changes and we're good. Also, I think as usual there will be changes after cut downs, prior to first game. 

EDIT: I made one more change. I think Josh Jones is on his way out of town. I"m putting Campbell in his place. 

Edited by Golfman

5 hours ago, Donzo said:

Do you have a link to these hateful comments?

Did someone actually say he runs like a cripple? And if so, did they mean it or was it hyperbole?

I made a reference to hoping he's bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly rather than playing for the Packers. You didn't spin that to your remark about "should be bagging groceries", did you?

Myself, I've seen much more hero worship for Kumerow than hate. I've seen some analysis why he shouldn't make the Packers, but no hate.

All in all, I think Kumerow could be a decent, limited NFL WR. But, this is his 5th NFL camp. When it come time to evaluate him, it should be noted he's getting a big bump over guys in their 1st and 2nd camps, and with a similar type WR (Allison) already penned in the two-deep for the Packers, he'd be clogging up the WR room with limited athletes.

If Kumerow makes the team for having better production in preseason, so be it.  Myles White did that a few seasons ago, and he earned it; everyone will recall that we dropped him quickly for James Jones. But I don't see anything that Jake does that Allison and ESB don't already do, and do better. In my view the 1-4 WRs are:  Adams-Allison-MVS-ESB.  Unless we are going to IR Sternberger, this looks like a season that we keep 4 TEs, and a FB.  So a 6th or 7th WR seems less likely.  

I think it is foolish to give up on 24 year-old Moore, for 27 year old Kumerow.  Let alone 22 year-old St. Brown.  Trevor Davis and Darius Shepherd are also more important in my eyes because they excel at returning kicks.  I just don't see the benefit of keeping Jake around.

If this is hating Kumerow, then I am guilty as charged.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Golfman said:

A few changes and we're good. Also, I think as usual there will be changes after cut downs, prior to first game. 

You put Mason back on that depth chart.  

Also, I agree with keeping McCray.  I had high hopes for him last season.  I was disappointed.  But he can get us through a game or two at multiple positions on the line, and that is very, very nice to have.

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You put Mason back on that depth chart.  

Also, I agree with keeping McCray.  I had high hopes for him last season.  I was disappointed.  But he can get us through a game or two at multiple positions on the line, and that is very, very nice to have.

Might be a toss up between him and Nijman at this point. 

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If Kumerow makes the team for having better production in preseason, so be it.  Myles White did that a few seasons ago, and he earned it; everyone will recall that we dropped him quickly for James Jones. But I don't see anything that Jake does that Allison and ESB don't already do, and do better. In my view the 1-4 WRs are:  Adams-Allison-MVS-ESB.  Unless we are going to IR Sternberger, this looks like a season that we keep 4 TEs, and a FB.  So a 6th or 7th WR seems less likely.  

I think it is foolish to give up on 24 year-old Moore, for 27 year old Kumerow.  Let alone 22 year-old St. Brown.  Trevor Davis and Darius Shepherd are also more important in my eyes because they excel at returning kicks.  I just don't see the benefit of keeping Jake around.

If this is hating Kumerow, then I am guilty as charged.

This got me thinking and I have to agree with you. Hard pill to swallow: we like Kumerow because he went to UW-Whitewater and that he made a few spectacular catches. Take out the whole UW-Whitewater thing and he'll miss the cut for the same reason Allen Lazard will miss the cut as much as I'd like to see both on the roster. 

As for Moore, however; I think we can part ways with him. We hounded Adams and Jones for dropping balls back in the day, but Moore's floor is far below that of Adams and Jones. Unlike Adams and Jones, Moore's route-running skills limit him in what he does and a lot of that has to do with how he was used at Mizzou. He was drafted to be a receiver that got his bones with over-the-shoulder throws, catches in traffic, sideline toe-tap/drag catches, and his speed made him a deep post threat. He's shown none of that and needs a change of scenery. I think he may have trade value and we should ship him to a team like the Redskins.

That said, they'll probably still keep him anyway.

JMO, but this will be the final depth chart: Adams, MVS, Allison, ESB, Shepherd, Moore

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

This got me thinking and I have to agree with you. Hard pill to swallow: we like Kumerow because he went to UW-Whitewater and that he made a few spectacular catches. Take out the whole UW-Whitewater thing and he'll miss the cut for the same reason Allen Lazard will miss the cut as much as I'd like to see both on the roster. 

As for Moore, however; I think we can part ways with him. We hounded Adams and Jones for dropping balls back in the day, but Moore's floor is far below that of Adams and Jones. Unlike Adams and Jones, Moore's route-running skills limit him in what he does and a lot of that has to do with how he was used at Mizzou. He was drafted to be a receiver that got his bones with over-the-shoulder throws, catches in traffic, sideline toe-tap/drag catches, and his speed made him a deep post threat. He's shown none of that and needs a change of scenery. I think he may have trade value and we should ship him to a team like the Redskins.

That said, they'll probably still keep him anyway.

JMO, but this will be the final depth chart: Adams, MVS, Allison, ESB, Shepherd, Moore

That is the WR depth chart that I want.  Moore is likely a game day inactive if everyone is healthy.  Again, I am not sure the roster can hold more than 5 WRs this season.  It does suck for Kumerow.  He had done nothing wrong, and produced when it has been his turn.  But if we look to 2020-22, what is Kumerow's role?

46 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is the WR depth chart that I want.  Moore is likely a game day inactive if everyone is healthy.  Again, I am not sure the roster can hold more than 5 WRs this season.  It does suck for Kumerow.  He had done nothing wrong, and produced when it has been his turn.  But if we look to 2020-22, what is Kumerow's role?

Not if he's playing special teams he isn't If he's not playing special teams, there is no reason to keep him. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

This just isnt the case. Kumerow has shown he belongs on the field. He beat Humphrey like a drum the other night and consistently wins in practice against our best. He's not a feel-good story, he's not a Rudy, he's not a preseason-only standout. The guy is a player and I don't care if he's 21 or 45, if he helps the team win on Sundays, you don't only keep him, you play him. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I can see an issue keeping 6. I only put Moore's name in because I'm convinced we'll keep 6. I'm not worried about Kumerow's age. If he can be that primary slot guy and produce, why not keep him around until 2022?

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This just isnt the case. Kumerow has shown he belongs on the field. He beat Humphrey like a drum the other night and consistently wins in practice against our best. He's not a feel-good story, he's not a Rudy, he's not a preseason-only standout. The guy is a player and I don't care if he's 21 or 45, if he helps the team win on Sundays, you don't only keep him, you play him. 

I'm certainly not disagreeing with the performance he's put out. He just doesn't exactly stand out from the rest of the WR's. Again, I hope he makes the team, but I can see where he wouldn't. That's all I'm saying.

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Bold, but only for a #4 WR or better, which seems to be the case.

Edited by HyponGrey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

How much field time is a #4 or 5 WR going to see in this offense? Me thinks not very much at all. 

Depends widely if you're the 4 or the 5. 

Somebody will get hurt, and guys do come off the field after long catches, so that #4 guy will play a fair number of snaps. 

Not sure the #5 sees the field. 

• Like 1