53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

ESB is making the roster regardless of how we interpret Rodgers' comments. He's clearly put the work in during the offseason and it's paying dividends at the moment. I spoke with some relatives back in Wisconsin tonight and they're convinced Lazard's making the team FWIW.

Do your relatives work at 1265?  Just for context.  I’m all for insider intel.

3 minutes ago, Cheech said:

How is everyone going to react when Lazard makes the 53 over Kumerow and Moore??

Why would you think that possible?
I've not seen enough (or know enough) about Lazard to weigh in - but Kumerow's gonna be tough to cut at this point no?
Moore? Talented but geeeeezzz it sure seems the guy's making it hard.

11 hours ago, Cheech said:

How is everyone going to react when Lazard makes the 53 over Kumerow and Moore??

While it might happen, I have a hard time seeing Lazard making the roster over Kumerow.  

I think talking about Moore making the roster at this point is a lost cause unless he starts turning camp/ the preseason on it's head.  He hasn't shown anything that would suggest that he isn't a practice squad caliber WR.  His hands are as bad as any WR's we've rostered over the last 10 years and he's shown a level of ineptnesss not being able to correct the issue in year 2.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Do your relatives work at 1265?  Just for context.  I’m all for insider intel.

Eye test. He was a bit behind like most rookies last year, but he seems to have found a confidence in himself this year that's translated to the football field. You hear about it in practice, you see it when he gets his opportunities on the field. 

11 hours ago, Cheech said:

I'd be happy even though I'd rather keep both. Went back to look at his college tape and with poor QB's until his Sr. year he found ways of getting open and making plays when he could. That experience has clearly helped him at the pro level and it's been on full display all preseason. He wins one-on-ones, he doesn't stand around after running his route if the play extends, and he doesn't commit penalties. He and Kumerow are neck and neck in regards to stats so if Kumerow were to make the team and Lazard would not, it would simply be because of Kumerow's experience. 

Out of all of the "he's just an over-hyped training camp guy" candidates, Lazard is the one guy I'm not pounding the table for a spot on the 53. Give me Kumerow and Shepherd all day over him. Ideally, we'll cut Lazard and Moore and get at least one if not both on the PS. 

Every year we have at least 1 if not 2-3 surprise guys that make it. Like Joe Callahan, Light from last year, etc...

Who's everyone putting their money on this year?

I'm going Randy Ramsey for the last EDGE spot. I know Gilbert is the king of preseason coverage sacks, but watching him versus Joe Webb and being at Lambeau and seeing him consistently being the last guy on ST to get downfield, he just doesn't have NFL athletic ability. Ramsey has some juice to him. His agility testing was bad, but he seems more fluid than his numbers indicate. This year with the depth we have, #5 EDGE probably isn't more than a ST guy. I think we should let Gilbert go and try and see if we can develop Ramsey into something.

article from packers.com on Tim Boyle, his football journey and his fanatical family

https://www.packers.com/news/longform/perseverance-has-defined-tim-boyle-s-football-journey

In three years at UConn, Tim had three different head coaches and four offensive coordinators. His numbers reflected the turmoil. Kevin and Nancy were there for every game, every quarterback hit and every moment of adversity.

“It was very painful at times for my wife and me,” said Kevin Boyle this week. “It was painful to watch the losses, the missed opportunities, the lows of the game and how he had to continue to fight through it. At times, we were his inspiration, and at other times, he was ours.”

lmizq22owmyxifwfyiva.jpg

“If you told me as a sophomore at UConn, who is third-string, then backup and then starting, that five years later I’d be sitting next to Aaron Rodgers, I would have told you to get lost,” Boyle said. “It’s definitely rewarding.”

“Tim really opened up I think throughout the year last year and I saw him kind of grow up a little bit and be more comfortable kind of being himself and speaking up and having questions and asking them in the room,” Rodgers said.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Every year we have at least 1 if not 2-3 surprise guys that make it. Like Joe Callahan, Light from last year, etc...

I'm going Randy Ramsey for the last EDGE spot. I know Gilbert is the king of preseason coverage sacks, but watching him versus Joe Webb and being at Lambeau and seeing him consistently being the last guy on ST to get downfield, he just doesn't have NFL athletic ability. Ramsey has some juice to him. His agility testing was bad, but he seems more fluid than his numbers indicate. This year with the depth we have, #5 EDGE probably isn't more than a ST guy. I think we should let Gilbert go and try and see if we can develop Ramsey into something.

Kind of agree. God knows we gave Gilbert his shot last year and got nothing out of it. 

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kind of agree. God knows we gave Gilbert his shot last year and got nothing out of it. 

100% onboard with both of you.  Strongly feel Gilbert was easily the worst player on the team who saw significant time last year, and that's counting McCray and his shoulder made of wishes and dreams.  I want no part of him on the team this year, he just physically is not an NFL pass rusher.  

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm uncertain on Ramsey, but mostly because I haven't actually paid any attention to him at all.  I think my surprise guy is James Looney.  Keke unexpectedly busting out hurts his chances a lot, as we probably don't need three 3Ts with Adams, Keke and Looney, but at the same time I think he can play.  Last season I liked how active and aggressive he was, but he didn't have NFL strength or size.  Just couldn't move bodies even when he got into them.  This year there's a lot more pop in the hands, and he's visibly thicker.  He probably won't make it but I like the player.

Back-up choice is Kabion Ento.  Long way away from being NFL ready and probably a PS guy, but he's long, he can run, and he can play the ball without interfering with his man.  Love the ability to mirror his man, trail and then knock it away when it gets there.

QB: Rodgers-Boyle-Kizer

RB: Jones-J Williams-- D William's-Vitale

WR: Adam's - MVS - Allison - Kumerow - Davis - EQ?

TE: Graham-Lewis-Tonyan-Sternberger

OL: Bahk-Jenkins-Linsley-Turner-Bulaga-Taylor-Light-Patrick

DL: Clark-Lowry-Adams-Keke-Lancaster-Looney

EDGE: Smith-Smith-Gary-Fackrell-Gilbert

ILB: Martinez-Bolton-Summers

CB: Alexander-King-Jackson-Williams-Brown-Hollman

S: Amos-Savage-Greene-Redmond

K:Crosby

P:Scott

LS: Bradley

IR: EQ?, Spriggs, Burks

• Like 1