53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

16 hours ago, Cheech said:

Lazard is listed as only 10 lbs lighter than Tonyan at the same size.  He's not winning by being a precise route runner.  He's going to win by creating leverage and boxing out opposing DB's.  If the QB puts the ball up, he's coming down with it.

Great red zone threat.  

Boy.  I forget which pre-season game it was.  Probably the Texans because he (Lazard) beat that L Johnson schmuck for a TD on an inside route where he did box him out and sky for the football and the TD.  And that was on a longer pass, 20+ yards.

Flip side to that...he also failed miserable on two red zone attempts earlier in the game.  One was a fade and his jump was terribly timed.  The other was a quick out and he had to go down to get the ball and his hands got up about 2 seconds late on the ball.  It was a routine catch for an NFL receiver and he was really, really bad on that play.

Just tempering the "great red zone threat" stuff concerning him.  He's not like that...yet.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Boy.  I forget which pre-season game it was.  Probably the Texans because he (Lazard) beat that L Johnson schmuck for a TD on an inside route where he did box him out and sky for the football and the TD.  And that was on a longer pass, 20+ yards.

Flip side to that...he also failed miserable on two red zone attempts earlier in the game.  One was a fade and his jump was terribly timed.  The other was a quick out and he had to go down to get the ball and his hands got up about 2 seconds late on the ball.  It was a routine catch for an NFL receiver and he was really, really bad on that play.

Just tempering the "great red zone threat" stuff concerning him.  He's not like that...yet.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, HighCalebR said:

Who's been signed to the PS? Anybody? 

We'll probably find out tomorrow, Packers have guys in for tryouts... Interesting note, former Packer Lenzy Pipkins is in town. I didn't know he was a FA, he's got talent. He'd be an excellent PS guy.

15 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, he would be.

He's a FA now, so he probably missed his window to develop from prospect status. But, I remember him being very physically talented, for whatever that's worth.

Pipkins was/is a very physical player. He could be a candidate for that hybrid S/ILB position. 

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Pipkins was/is a very physical player. He could be a candidate for that hybrid S/ILB position. 

I agree 100%. The thing is he's bounced around a little now and he's available as a FA on the first Sunday of the season. That kinda shows us he has't progressed and probably isn't an NFL player. But, as the 10th guy on the PS, I'd like that a lot.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

I agree 100%. The thing is he's bounced around a little now and he's available as a FA on the first Sunday of the season. That kinda shows us he has't progressed and probably isn't an NFL player. But, as the 10th guy on the PS, I'd like that a lot.

I haven't been following his career, so I don't know if he has been tried at S, but he is too limited to play CB. As a hybrid S/ILB he is worth a look as a PS backup to Raven Greene. From his days as a Packer, he seems to be physically tough enough to play that role. 

• Like 1