53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Shouldn't have been traded for in the first place. I think you Alex and I were one of the few that didn't like it right away. And now finally people have come around and I didn't even hate the prospect THAT much. 

How's the view up there ?

canyonlands-dead-horse-point.jpg

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I was LIVID.  I hated it more than any trade the Packers have made since I have watched them.

I got ridiculed for hating the move by the usual suspects too high on Thompson being gone to think for themselves.  And also Ray.

It was a bad trade.  They happen.  I just wish more people would acknowledge it.

Randall is a hell of a safety and we got a terrible QB and moved up in the 4th/5th.

Tis why I love you. The automatic Gute love was stupid and this is coming from a guy who truly thinks he'll be a GM of the year candidate. I joke but he's done a good job. Truth is, I blame Mac on that one. Think he had a hard on for Deshone

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Tis why I love you. The automatic Gute love was stupid and this is coming from a guy who truly thinks he'll be a GM of the year candidate. I joke but he's done a good job. Truth is, I blame Mac on that one. Think he had a hard on for Deshone

The one thing that's going to really annoy me about this offseason is everyone acting like the signing of the Smtihs and Amos was something that Thompson should have done every year, and that it was only a strange adherence to anti-FA principles that prevented it, and not that this was a confluence of events put into motion before Gute was hired, and we likely would have been able to pull at least one more competent starter if we had cut Clay Matthews last year like we did Mike Daniels this year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The one thing that's going to really annoy me about this offseason is everyone acting like the signing of the Smtihs and Amos was something that Thompson should have done every year, and that it was only a strange adherence to anti-FA principles that prevented it, and not that this was a confluence of events put into motion before Gute was hired, and we likely would have been able to pull at least one more competent starter if we had cut Clay Matthews last year like we did Mike Daniels this year. 

That's more than one thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I was LIVID.  I hated it more than any trade the Packers have made since I have watched them.

I got ridiculed for hating the move by the usual suspects too high on Thompson being gone to think for themselves.  And also Ray.

It was a bad trade.  They happen.  I just wish more people would acknowledge it.

Randall is a hell of a safety and we got a terrible QB and moved up in the 4th/5th.

Slot in Clinton-Dix for Randall and it would have an even trade. The good news is Dix is now on the Bears. 

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd trade a safety in his last year with the team for a promising QB again, and again. I'm not letting the fact he went from Hue Jackson to lame duck Mac and is probably ruined forever alter my thought that it's an uptick in positional value if your coaching staff does it's job. Randall had 0 chance of being re-signed. He had no allies in the building. Sadly the coaching staff dumpster fire Mac has for the QBs last year was about on par with being led by Hue Jackson.

• Like 2

Are there any veteran QB candidates for a backup role? 

I think in a backup QB you are looking for a guy who will not lose a game for you not a guy who will go win games but a guy who wont lose them for you. Kizer does not have that he lacks vision and makes horrible decisions under pressure. It seems like in a Veteran who knows his role you will have a guy who is less likely to take chances in hopes of proving he is as good as the starter, when all he had to do was check down. With this defense we have a chance to take a couple games if Rodgers is out but we can only do that if the QB2 doesnt cost us the game. This is only if the brass thinks we are legit ready to win right now and I think that is the case.

*****SAM BRADFORD?******

Edited by Reaper
LOOKED AT AVAILABLE FA

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd trade a safety in his last year with the team for a promising QB again, and again. I'm not letting the fact he went from Hue Jackson to lame duck Mac and is probably ruined forever alter my thought that it's an uptick in positional value if your coaching staff does it's job. Randall had 0 chance of being re-signed. He had no allies in the building. Sadly the coaching staff dumpster fire Mac has for the QBs last year was about on par with being led by Hue Jackson.

Agree.

I think the tools are there. Perhaps the coaching will now surround him. Impose a "game manager" mindset on him. Give him structure and procession priorities. Break him down and rebuild him. He's young enough and has the tools that make that effort worthwhile - but somebody's gotta do it. Coach him up.

Edited by Leader

Lol.  Still trying to convince himself that was a good trade. 

Surprised you didn't say, "Kizer has only one less turnover than Randall since the trade." 

And by the way, it was not his last year.  Saying that is absurd.  We had a fifth year option, we got a new DC, we got a new head coach and we've gotten rid of every single veteran that probably had a hand in wanting Randall gone.  Probably because Randall actually spoke up when people didn't do their job or sucked and people who don't do their job or sucked didn't like that. 

You do not suck into 10 interceptions and 2 defensive touchdowns in three years.  Period.  Arguing that trading a DB with 10 interceptions and 2 touchdowns in three years for a QB who had 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions when you already have a franchise QB is among the most absurd trades I have seen in all my life following the NFL.  To try to convince yourself otherwise is ridiculous, especially considering how the trade worked out. 

I'm also astounded at the level of pride involved in being incapable of saying, "The trade sucked."

The Packers got:

*Vince Biegel
*Deangelo Yancey
*A completion percentage of 47.6, 187 yards passing for an average of 4.5 yards per attempt, 2 interceptions and a fumble lost. 

Not being able to say, "The trade sucked and was stupid and will be the worst move of Gute's career," makes me look like a levelheaded and mild mannered person. 

• Like 1

The fact that we were never going to resign randall is the most under-appreciated part of this trade. We were never going to re-sign him. The fact that we got someone that had potential at the most important position in professional sports (even if that potential didnt pan out) for a guy that wasnt gonna be around much longer is why this wasnt a stupid trade. Moving up in the 4th round was just icing on the cake

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Still trying to convince himself that was a good trade. 

Surprised you didn't say, "Kizer has only one less turnover than Randall since the trade." 

And by the way, it was not his last year.  Saying that is absurd.  We had a fifth year option, we got a new DC, we got a new head coach and we've gotten rid of every single veteran that probably had a hand in wanting Randall gone.  Probably because Randall actually spoke up when people didn't do their job or sucked and people who don't do their job or sucked didn't like that. 

You do not suck into 10 interceptions and 2 defensive touchdowns in three years.  Period.  Arguing that trading a DB with 10 interceptions and 2 touchdowns in three years for a QB who had 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions when you already have a franchise QB is among the most absurd trades I have seen in all my life following the NFL.  To try to convince yourself otherwise is ridiculous, especially considering how the trade worked out. 

I'm also astounded at the level of pride involved in being incapable of saying, "The trade sucked."

The Packers got:

*Vince Biegel
*Deangelo Yancey
*A completion percentage of 47.6, 187 yards passing for an average of 4.5 yards per attempt, 2 interceptions and a fumble lost. 

Not being able to say, "The trade sucked and was stupid and will be the worst move of Gute's career," makes me look like a levelheaded and mild mannered person. 

It wasn't a good trade. The Browns are pretty clearly going to win it. You aren't grasping what I'm saying. The concept is sound, trading a safety for a promising QB is a sound concept and I'd do it again. 

Randall wasn't getting the 5th year option. Guy is HHCD, rangy, coverage safety, soft and sucks in run support. Pretty clear with Randall, HHCD and Brice gone without any effort for any of them to return that Pettine has no interest in that mold of safety.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It wasn't a good trade. The Browns are pretty clearly going to win it. You aren't grasping what I'm saying. The concept is sound, trading a safety for a promising QB is a sound concept and I'd do it again. 

No, I’m grasping it.  The concept is sound if the QB is actually promising and if you anticipate an actual need for the promise.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

No, I’m grasping it.  The concept is sound if the QB is actually promising and if you anticipate an actual need for the promise.

If you don't see the promise of the draft prospect that was Kizer that's on you. Promising QBs get broken every year in the draft. David Carr was a borderline HOF level talent to me broken by bad FO work. Kizer has received probably the worst QB coaching of any QB coming out in 2017.

Also there is always a need for a good QB. That's like being a rich guy and getting offered a steal on a house/piece of land and saying "well I already have one, I don't need it." No bigger payoff investment in the league than developing a backup QB to starter level.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If you don't see the promise of the draft prospect that was Kizer that's on you. Promising QBs get broken every year in the draft. David Carr was a borderline HOF level talent to me broken by bad FO work. Kizer has received probably the worst QB coaching of any QB coming out in 2017.

Also there is always a need for a good QB. That's like being a rich guy and getting offered a steal on a house/piece of land and saying "well I already have one, I don't need it." No bigger payoff investment in the league than developing a backup QB to starter level.

And why can't you seem to admit that Kizer was broken when traded for? 

Josh Rosen was a top ten pick and a year after was traded for a second round pick.  Everybody in the NFL knows that wrecked quarterbacks have lower value. 

The trade was terrible.  In principle and in practice. 

Just like everything (except MVS/ESB), all the evidence is pointing to me being right again and you're telling me the Earth is flat.