Mets to acquire SP Marcus Stroman

Forge

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's a coup for the Blue Jays. Kay is a decent BOR arm but SWR is the real get. That kid has legit front line stuff.

Disagree about a coup. SWR is nice, but he isnt much more than a lottery pick at this point. Would have expected a couple more prospects like that or someone more established for Stroman. Especially since you have several teams that are going to want starters for the postseason and Stroman had another year on his contract.

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Disagree about a coup. SWR is nice, but he isnt much more than a lottery pick at this point. Would have expected a couple more prospects like that or someone more established for Stroman. Especially since you have several teams that are going to want starters for the postseason and Stroman had another year on his contract.

Guess I'm just not a Stroman guy. Not a fan of low K guys like that. He's a solid #3 though. 

I'm also really high on SWR even as a lottery ticket. He's the type of guy that you're really going to have to screw up in his development to not get his ability out of him. I think he's either a front line starter or an elite back of the bullpen type.

• Like 1