Mets to acquire SP Marcus Stroman

Forge

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Guess I'm just not a Stroman guy. Not a fan of low K guys like that. He's a solid #3 though. 

I'm also really high on SWR even as a lottery ticket. He's the type of guy that you're really going to have to screw up in his development to not get his ability out of him. I think he's either a front line starter or an elite back of the bullpen type.

Completely disagree on SWR. Theres really no such thing as a pitching prospect. He has a ton of raw talent, but that doesnt mean he becomes a FOR guy.

Honestly, I really would have expected the Braves to offer more than what the Jays got.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Completely disagree on SWR. Theres really no such thing as a pitching prospect. He has a ton of raw talent, but that doesnt mean he becomes a FOR guy.

Honestly, I really would have expected the Braves to offer more than what the Jays got.

Regardless, he's someone I'm more than willing to take a chance on, especially as the headliner for Stroman. I like him more than someone like Kyle Wright, which is probably what the Braves would've offered. I get going after depth in a Braves package but I'd rather gamble on upside. 

Kay should be a safe #4/5 starter so taking a chance on upside like SWR is worth Stroman. LIS, not a fan of his though, so I can see the disagreement.

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Mets fans need to take a page out of Arsenal fans playbooks and start protesting/flying banners/etc. etc.

They do, doesnt work. We boycott games, merch, buy billboards etc etc. Definitly need to start smuggling in "sell the team" banners tho

Really our best hope is that Fred was on the flight logs.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

So I guess we really liked Woods-Richardson? It’s sorta split but I think about 60-65% of the experts are saying we kinda got screwed and got a lower than expected return. Maybe could have gotten a slightly more well regarded return but Woods-Richardson was the guy we wanted?

On 7/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, Slateman said:

We were in on him for sure but the Jays wanted a bigger haul than that from the Braves.  They despise our GM and it's widely known that they don't want to do business with him and if they do they want a massive overpay compared to what others are going to have to give.   It sucks because they have a ton of good players we need lol.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

We were in on him for sure but the Jays wanted a bigger haul than that from the Braves.  They despise our GM and it's widely known that they don't want to do business with him and if they do they want a massive overpay compared to what others are going to have to give.   It sucks because they have a ton of good players we need lol.

We were the ones that sorta ****ed him over too. It’s funny it’s like this. I’d be much happier if AA was still our GM right now I think. 

41 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

We were the ones that sorta ****ed him over too. It’s funny it’s like this. I’d be much happier if AA was still our GM right now I think. 

Yeah thats the truth and i don't know why they did it.  AA won executive of the year for the Jays and then they bring in someone else to be his boss and say do what he says instead of giving him the job.  It made no damn sense at all to me then and still doesn't now.   If i was him i would have been pissed off about it and left to but as a braves fan im gonna say thank you because i think he is a great GM and is doing well for us so far.