BDL 2019 Summer Owners Meeting - Completed

SirA1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, Hockey5djh said:

I don't mind removing "loopholes" just for simplicity and clarity but I want to make sure I understand what is going on. I'm going to give an example. Lets pretend Wentz' (using Wentz because I'm an eagles fan, not because he's on Pheltz' team) contract was up this season, what would he have to be 3upped for?

He signed a 4 year extension this offseason on top of his 5 year option that kicks in in 2020 so.....Explain that one for me please. (and/or is this a different rule from the Pheltz rule?)

@SirA1 can you explain this one....and if it's not technically the Pheltz rule can we have a vote/discussion on it during this owners meeting?

14 hours ago, PR said:

Abstain. I didn't have anyone to 3UP this past offseason so was planning on 3Uping during season, so this vote goes against the planning I had in place so I would show bias in my vote.

@PR you know you could just 3 up them in the offseason right?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic 2 - Remove they Pheltz Rule.

Yes (3) - WWhickok, Whicker, SirA

No ( ) - 

Topic 4 - Remove this language as it really doesn’t apply anymore as 3 ups will be pretty standard after being based off of the Avg Salary of a players contract and also all happening at the same time of the year.

• Players who are submitted to the contract committee as 3 Ups are not included in the free agent pool. However, if the contract committee and the team have not agreed on a 3 Up contract by the start of Shark Tank, then that player will be considered eligible for bidding in the Shark Tank

Yes (2) - SirA, WWhickok

No (0) - 

Vote Yes for 4, pending a response above before I vote on 2.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

....Why would you 3 up a player mid season that's on an expiring contract? Unless i'm misunderstanding your issue somehow?

Cheaper in most cases as it considers current year as part of contract rather than more expensive remaining years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PR said:

Not when they don't have contracts to go off of

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

....Why would you 3 up a player mid season that's on an expiring contract? Unless i'm misunderstanding your issue somehow?

Same question over here. Unless you were going to try and parlay someone on an expiring contract into a multi year deal? Which wouldn't work. 

12 minutes ago, PR said:

Cheaper in most cases as it considers current year as part of contract rather than more expensive remaining years.

But if he doesn't have a contract to go off of, what are you combining to use the current deal? 

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

But if he doesn't have a contract to go off of, what are you combining to use the current deal? 

If it is prior to contract you are stuck.

If he does get one midseason you lose a year of the contract to base it off.

53 minutes ago, PR said:

If it is prior to contract you are stuck.

If he does get one midseason you lose a year of the contract to base it off.

I think he's asking if you're 3 upping a guy for one year or trying to base a brand new long term 3 up off a guy whose contract is about to be up IRL.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Let’s just get rid of 3up discounts and make everyone have to resign at real value 

How about we just keep trying to work on what we're currently working on before changing discussions.

A wise man once said never half *** two things, whole *** one thing.