How should the Cowboys handle Zeke? Re-sign him, that's how.

Runaway Jim

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Cowboys deal with Zeke?

• Deny him a new contract and wait for him to return
    • Add money to his remaining two years but deny him an extension
    • Sign him to a new 3 year deal that makes him one of the top three highest paid RB in the league
    • Sign him to a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the league
    • Trade him to the highest bidder

I’m waiting on Aug 6th to get here and see what happens then. That’s is Zeke’s first bench mark. If he doesn’t report by Aug 6th he forfeits a year of credibility  meaning we would retain his rights past his current contracted eligibility for FA in 2020

On 8/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, DaBoys said:

You aren't paying attention then. Anytime you turn the TV to the Zeke holdout there is some talking head amping up our line.

And yes, just a few months ago they were spoken of as if they weren't what they used to be. Nobody was throwing praise at our line like they are now. I just think it's funny that Zeke holding out makes people hype up our line again, when I just spent half the off season defending them to others who said they were average.

They were terrible in pass blocking. They were great in run blocking. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-02 at 10:11 AM, textaz03 said:

I’m waiting on Aug 6th to get here and see what happens then. That’s is Zeke’s first bench mark. If he doesn’t report by Aug 6th he forfeits a year of credibility  meaning we would retain his rights past his current contracted eligibility for FA in 2020

Not true. Since the Cowboys already picked up his 5th year option, Week 10 is all he needs to report by so that the contract doesn't toll an extra year

• 2 weeks later...
Via Chris Mortenson 3h
It drew a few laughs but neither
@EzekielElliott nor agent Rocky Arceneaux found Cowboys

Jerry Jones' quip "Zeke who?" as amusing. Arceneaux: "I didn't think it was funny and neither did Zeke - we actually thought it was disrespectful."

I wonder if it is on the same level of disrespect as the club needing to hire a baby sitter where ever Zeke goes?

Edited by WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
Via Chris Mortenson 3h

Jerry Jones' quip "Zeke who?" as amusing. Arceneaux: "I didn't think it was funny and neither did Zeke - we actually thought it was disrespectful."

I wonder if it is on the same level of disrespect as the club needing to hire a baby sitter where ever Zeke goes?

Im no DCRA minion but goddamit Jerry. It’s like he has learned nothing about PR basics after all these years.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Im no DCRA minion but goddamit Jerry. It’s like he has learned nothing about PR basics after all these years.

I didn't really have a problem with it. Zeke has no leverage other than us not being able to win without him. If Pollard keeps it up, I don't see why we wouldn't at least try. If not, it's not like we can't go back and sign Zeke.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I didn't really have a problem with it. Zeke has no leverage other than us not being able to win without him. If Pollard keeps it up, I don't see why we wouldn't at least try. If not, it's not like we can't go back and sign Zeke.

It wasn’t a smart move by jerry in my opinion. Say this comment does upset him and bruise his ego. It might create a situation he wants out of Dallas indefinitely. In that sense his trade value to other teams goes down because the rest of the teams know we need to ship him out and don’t have any other option and we are willing to settle for the “least terrible offer”.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

The Zeke Who comment was followed by this....

"What's amazing for him is to come in here and he hadn't done that much," Jones said of Pollard. "He knows exactly what to do and he knows how to do it. (If) he goes out there and plays to that level, if he continues this, through the next several weeks, he'll be right in the middle of it early. That will really complement what we're doing with Zeke, not replace that, I mean that, not replace it. Nobody is getting cute here, certainly be a great compliment to have a great running game. I can picture those guys in the same sets, at the same time out there and really giving the defense some fits."

Zeke and his agent can quit with the drama.

Edited by WizardHawk

17 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
Via Chris Mortenson 3h

That is really disrespectful.   Not as disrespectful as pulling off a strangers top in a parade, but disrespectful nonetheless.

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It wasn’t a smart move by jerry in my opinion. Say this comment does upset him and bruise his ego. It might create a situation he wants out of Dallas indefinitely. In that sense his trade value to other teams goes down because the rest of the teams know we need to ship him out and don’t have any other option and we are willing to settle for the “least terrible offer”.

I know RB's are devalued,  but worse case scenario,  some contender loses their starting rb.  We'll get at least a first. 

12 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I know RB's are devalued,  but worse case scenario,  some contender loses their starting rb.  We'll get at least a first. 

Any team whose instantaneous response to losing their starting RB to injury is to trade a first round pick for a new one is not a contender